“Come as a guest, leave as a friend”

Alaska Camp & Hotel
Ranked #22 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the Alaska Camp and Hotel turned out to be. I was looking for an affordable place in the centre of it all and never thought that it would turn out to be so nice. Jackie is a darling and very helpful. I forgot a connector plug at home and they immediately helped me get settled. I can definitely recommend this place. Rooms were big an clean. I can definitely recommend them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marries

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Alaska hotel is inset from the dahab strip; despite being more expensive than similar dahab hotels, the majority of their rooms do not have an ocean view. I'd recommend against taking their breakfast; it's affordable but terribly underwhelming.

While the room was clean and fine, we had a very bad experience booking a trip through the hotel. We requested to go for a hike in the mountains, and were shuttled to the camp where they make the bedouin dinners. Once there, we were informed that they only make these hiking trips at night, so we were stranded up in the hills with nothing to do for several hours, eventually walking ourselves down to the highway. It was an awkward and miserable experience, and we ended up paying 150LE for two glasses of tea and a taxi ride.

The hotel refused to apologize, and we left very unhappy. It's a shame, because really everyone else involved was very nice except for the two people working at the desk, the first of whom sold us the trip unethically (in that she assured us a hike was possible when it was not), the second of whom refused to apologize.

Be warned!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happyfellow6
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Havingjust returned from my fifth diving trip to Dahab, I cannot recommend Alaska highly enough for good value accomodation in the centre of town which is quite sufficient for anyone on a diving holiday. The rooms are large and clean and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms are basic but there's plenty of hot water and they are in good order. For the money I think you would struggle to do better in this town. If you want the luxury of a full hotel Alaska is not for you, but if youre out all day and all night, it's a perfect place to lay your head.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is my first trip to Dahab and I will be back to Alaska Camp. I have stayed 9 days and enjoyed the convenience and location. While here I have met people from Slovenia, Belgium, England, US, Japan, and Australia. It is very welcoming, laid back and helpful for booking things. I am too old for the backpacker hostel and this is many steps up from that but has that friendly flavor. Breakfast is adequate, rooms are clean and safe. Transport to and from Sharm is very reasonable. I like to snorkel and have many choices here. As a single female traveler It is a great place.

Room Tip: Ground floor, fan was enough for Spring weather.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We were so pleased to stay here! We had a lovely little room, very comfortable and CLEAN! Such a great price as well. Staff mostly helpful, and an excellent location. Will help you book tours, taxis, etc. The breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. The outdoors area is nice to hang out in, and the whole place, much like Dahab, is very relaxed. Would recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Had a fantastic few nights staying here. Slept well in a comfy bed, rooms were clean, but most importantly the staff running the hotel were just excellent. Can't wait to come back to Dahab - will stay here again.

Room Tip: The fan room was fine in March, the more expensive ones with a balcony are nicer but hey, that's...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This is our 3rd visit to Alaska and in our opinion it is the best Budget Hotel in Dahab !!
Staff make us feel very welcome, nothing is too much trouble, rooms are clean and practical.
Keep up the excellent standard !!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple