Alaska Camp & Hotel
Hotels.com
US$53
US$41
Hotels.com
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
US$40
US$35
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$25
US$48
US$42
US$64
US$62
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice lounge arearooms are cleancommon areasmake teabudget placefree wifimain promenadespecial thanksjackiebalconychilldivingcushionslighthousehammocks
Reviewed 8 May 2013

had such a great experience at Alaska hotel. The room I shared with my partner was clean with a good bathroom. It isn't luxury but definitely good quality for the great price. All of the staff were very friendly and especially helpful. They were able to help organise taxi's, activities and just gave good advice for the area. It is also located close to restaurants, the red sea and the best dive centre (Sea Dancer Dive Center). When I get the chance to return to Dahab I will be back to stay at Alaska without a doubt.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the Alaska Camp and Hotel turned out to be. I was looking for an affordable place in the centre of it all and never thought that it would turn out to be so nice. Jackie is a darling and very helpful. I forgot a connector plug at home and they immediately helped me get settled. I can definitely recommend this place. Rooms were big an clean. I can definitely recommend them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marion E
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Alaska hotel is inset from the dahab strip; despite being more expensive than similar dahab hotels, the majority of their rooms do not have an ocean view. I'd recommend against taking their breakfast; it's affordable but terribly underwhelming.

While the room was clean and fine, we had a very bad experience booking a trip through the hotel. We requested to go for a hike in the mountains, and were shuttled to the camp where they make the bedouin dinners. Once there, we were informed that they only make these hiking trips at night, so we were stranded up in the hills with nothing to do for several hours, eventually walking ourselves down to the highway. It was an awkward and miserable experience, and we ended up paying 150LE for two glasses of tea and a taxi ride.

The hotel refused to apologize, and we left very unhappy. It's a shame, because really everyone else involved was very nice except for the two people working at the desk, the first of whom sold us the trip unethically (in that she assured us a hike was possible when it was not), the second of whom refused to apologize.

Be warned!

1  Thank Happyfellow6
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Havingjust returned from my fifth diving trip to Dahab, I cannot recommend Alaska highly enough for good value accomodation in the centre of town which is quite sufficient for anyone on a diving holiday. The rooms are large and clean and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms are basic but there's plenty of hot water and they are in good order. For the money I think you would struggle to do better in this town. If you want the luxury of a full hotel Alaska is not for you, but if youre out all day and all night, it's a perfect place to lay your head.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is my first trip to Dahab and I will be back to Alaska Camp. I have stayed 9 days and enjoyed the convenience and location. While here I have met people from Slovenia, Belgium, England, US, Japan, and Australia. It is very welcoming, laid back and helpful for booking things. I am too old for the backpacker hostel and this is many steps up from that but has that friendly flavor. Breakfast is adequate, rooms are clean and safe. Transport to and from Sharm is very reasonable. I like to snorkel and have many choices here. As a single female traveler It is a great place.

Room Tip: Ground floor, fan was enough for Spring weather.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo