“Total Dahab Paradise!”
Review of Dahab Paradise

Dahab Paradise
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We were booked into Dahab Paradise Hotel by a friend who lives in Dahab and recommended it to us.
We were greeted by friendly faces and superb staff, an amazing view overlooking the reef and all the way to Saudi Arabia and to top it all off on arrival was a bottle of cold bubbly to celebrate my partner's birthday! Just lovely and made for a special start to a great holiday. Lou Lou and the reception staff were so helpful at organising and giving advice for excursions and places to eat-thanks guys! While we live in Egypt (El Gouna) and know the Red Sea well, its always nice to have a proper local recommendation from the people living in the area.
We will definitely be staying there again-it was fantastic!

Room Tip: all rooms have a sea view
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dahab Paradise

Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have been to dahab on a number of occasions and stayed in several of the 5 star 'luxury' resorts on my various trips, It was therefore with some trepidation when I booked the dahab paradise this year with a group of friends - simply because I knew it was a little off the beaten track and I wasn't convinced. I coulld not have been more wrong - this place is fabulous! An absolutely fantastic spot with a real sense of calm and tranquility. You literally can touch the mountain behind you and you face the turquoise and navy sea in front of you. The whole place is built into the side of the mountain but the rooms all open onto a gorgeous green garden with a lovely pool and sea views. The tastefully decorated rooms were clean and comfortable with good aircon and a fridge to keep your drinks cool. The friendliness and service of all the staff was second to none - they could not have done more to make us feel comfortable and at home. The menu is simple but good and represents extremely good value for money. We all absolutely fell in love with the place and the bedouin tent after six is a really relaxing way to spend a few hours partaking of a little bedouin 'hospitality'. The hustle and bustle of town is literally a 7 minute taxi ride away which the hotel organise for you with a few minutes notice. Finally, I cannot finish writing this review without mentioning the 'towel origami' on the bed everyday which had us in hysterics long after we left. Absolutely genius and a real highlight! In short the Dahab paradise is an absolute find and a real gem of a place. I would highly recommend it for couples and groups of friends. It has a real uniqueness but retains a high standard of service and comfort. 5 stars for this place and I very much hope to stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LucyJane1972
Reviewed 11 May 2011

This was a lovely hotel, secluded and quiet. The staff were lovely and friendly - very helpful.

The hotel is quite far from the shops and restaurants in town - about a 40 minute walk or 5 minute taxi journey - and doesn't have a shop on site.

The restaurant is nice and the Egyptian night was great!

Reviewed 9 May 2011

Very good hotel with an excellent and helpful staff. Nice rooms, with a fridge, cleaned correctly every day. Large and clean swimming pool. Everything was perfect.

The only exception was with the guy at the dive center Big Blue (located at the hotel but does not belong to it). I had to pay 75 €, I gave 90 €, and on the money back in Egyptian Pounds, he kept 5 E£ because, he told me, there's a 3% commission at the bank...
5 E£, that's nothing, I was in vacation with my girl friend, so I didn't want to fight for that. But that little scam left a bad impression of that dive center. To be honest, at the opposite, the dives were OK with very good DM/Instructors.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2011

Dear Rout 42,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dahab Paradise and taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay.

Your feedback is valuable to us and thank you for making us aware of the issue you had with the dive centre. We are sorry to hear you felt disappointed with their service with regards to payment. These comments have been passed onto the dive centre and they feel it was a miscommunication with regards to the exchange rate. In light of this they have reviewed their payment and exchange rate policy.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Thanks and best regards,

Dahab Paradise Team

Reviewed 4 May 2011

I chose the Dahab Paradise because it was outside of town and promised to be quiet, yet comfortable. It lived up to all my expectations. On my arrival at Sharm, my transfer vehicle was waiuting. The staff at the hotel were friendly and helpful, moving me from my original room when the plug in the basin could not be immediately fixed and I needed it to do some hand-washing. Rooms are comfortable. Access to town is best done by taxi. The drivers recommended by the hotel were prompt and were always waiting for me at the agreed time for my return to the hotel. The hotel dive shop is attached to Big Blue, one of the best dive operations I have dived with. Overall if you are looking for good, quiet accommodation at a fair price, I can highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 May 2011

This hotel is pitched very well - its an easy, relaxing place to stay, right next to the ocean. The service is great and they are happy to organise whatever you ask for. I found the dive shop really helpful for tips on where to go. The location is a little out of town which means it is nice and quiet - taxis are cheap in Dahab so getting around is not a problem. It was all really friendly and easy going, and great value.

Reviewed 2 May 2011

After visiting Hurghada once I wasn't quite sure to come back to Egypt at all, but I am happy we did! Dahab is really different: friendly people, not pushy at all and people speak English. And the watersport facilities (wind/kite surfing - so there is some wind blowing in Dahab! -, diving, snorkling etc.) are great too.
Now about the hotel: it is great! The staff is really friendly and helpful. Like on the day of the checkout we had to leave our room early while our flight was at night. They arranged another room for us - without us even asking for it! - to take a shower just before we left.
The food is good and fresh, maybe a bit to standard for me (cheeseburgers, fries, lasagne etc), but no worries about getting sick and enough choice for a week halfboard. Our room was simple but big enough, clean, with airco and a nice big balcony with seaview. Nights were quiet at the fully booked hotel.
I would recommend this hotel for couples and friends looking for a great, relaxed holiday for an excellent price.