“Absolutely fabulous”
Review of Dahab Paradise

Dahab Paradise
Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We had a fantastic experience.

The hotel itself is very very nice, especially compared to other places I have seen in Dahab. It is very clean, has a swimming pool in the center, green lawn, a pond, and a bunch of palm trees, a nice open air restaurant (although the food is average at best), a small dive-center facility and even a bedouin tent!

Our room was just above the reception, it was spacy enough, quite clean and well furnished. The view from the balcony (or from the bedouin tent, or the restaurant) : ) is really nice.

There were very few guests and we liked it that way, the hotel was very serene and great for relaxation.

The service was more than great. Especially the staff attitude was 500%!! I have never seen even in 5 star hotels in Europe this level of friendly pro-customer attitude. We really felt welcome and in a friendly place, almost a family place.

Just tiny bits of criticism -- wi-fi was a big issue, it often did not work and even when available, it would not reach the rooms, so you had to take your computer to the reception to be able to use internet. The food was average at best, although not exactly cheap. The hotel is not for hard core divers as it does not have its own dive center, just a sort of a rental shop, where you can order your dives, but in order to dive you need to get a lift down to the dive center in Dahab proper, get your gear there and then get another lift to the dive site. You should also note that the hotel is not in Dahab proper, and it's a 45 min walk through a very run-down neighborhood, or a 10 min taxi drive, in order to get to the boardwalk and the city center.

Bottom line: With few guests, this is an absolutely fantastic, relaxing, beautiful and soothing place, worth every penny. May not be ideal for hardcore divers or those who need a good and steady access to internet or those in need of partying (but the latter goes for all Dahab, unfortunately).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear Juro,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Dahab Paradise on Tripadvisor. We value your feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We believe our most valuable asset is the staff at Paradise and the whole team are very happy to learn that their genuine efforts were appreciated.

I am sorry to hear you experienced difficulties accessing the internet during your stay, we are aware of the issues and are working with our internet provider to improve the signal strength. Due to the location of the hotel, this has been a challenge.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kindest regards,

The Dahab Paradise Team

There are newer reviews for Dahab Paradise

Pros:-
1- Excellent staff ... very progressional and helpful .. many thanks to michael and Remo for the efforts exerted during our stay.
2- Excellent food ... reasonable prices as well.
3- spacious rooms .. reasonably furnished.

Cons:-
1- No phones available in the room .. so every time u need something u have to go to the reception ... i could have accepted that taking into consideration the small size of the hotel .. but the problem is that no one is available in the reception most of the times .. we have to search for them in the property.

2- The internet service doesn't cover the entire hotel .. only the reception area and its surrounding (near the pool) in addition to that we experienced many technical difficulties during our stay.

3- nearly half of the pool towels and some of the room towers are warn out ... also we didn't see anyone available to clean the pool as we found insects and bugs inside the pool most of the time.

taking the pros and cons it is considered ok to stay in taking into considerations that there are limited other alternatives available.

Final hint:- a couple of people from a tourist agency stayed all night shouting and laughing out loud in a very rode manner till very late at night without the slightest attempt from the hotel staff to stop them.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Ahmed,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to learn that you found the service, room and food satisfactory.

Here at Dahab Paradise we have deliberately chosen not to have phones in the rooms to create a tranquil ambiance, in keeping with the peaceful location. I am sorry to hear that you found it difficult to obtain help when required and I will address this with the reception staff.

Your other comments have also been noted and we will strive to continuously improve our standards. The swimming pool is manually cleaned on a regular basis and has a in-built filter system, however due to the often windy weather in Dahab, some debris in the pool is inevitable. If we were made aware of any issues or problems during your stay we would have done our best to rectify the situation.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,

The Dahab Paradise Team

Reviewed 31 May 2013

My friend and I have just returned from a three night stay in the Paradise Hotel. This hotel was recommended to me by friends and as I did not know exactly where it was or what it was like I kept an open mind. As the taxi passed through the local residences and shops in Dahab I was anxious to get there. when I entered the premises I appeared to be like an oasis at the foot of the Sinai mountains. Michael greeted us at reception and took us up to our room which had everything you need plus a dinky little fridge which turned out to be a God send especially with the heat. The room overlooked the pool and beyond that was the beautiful blue sea and Saudi Arabia in the distance. Immediately I felt at ease and the ambiance got better and better every day. The food is exquisite. There is basically no need to go out of the the hotel. We did on one occasion but got so much hassle it was a pleasure to go back to our base. The staff are so nice as were our taxi drivers. I would recommend this hotel 100% especially to those who are fed up of the stress and strain at home and want to chill out for a few days.The hotel is aptly named, there is no need to think of the outside world while lying by the pool. You are in paradise without a doubt. I look forward to my next visit which I hope will not be too far away.

Room Tip: Choose the first floor because: a) of the view, b) you can leave the balcony door open when you are...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My boyfriend and I just got back from a 6 night stay at Dahab Paradise, where we had the most wonderful time.

The hotel is beautifully located just outside of the town, with a mountainous backdrop and a picturesque sea view that looks over to Saudi Arabia.

The most notable thing about Paradise is - without a doubt - the staff. We were made to feel like a King and Queen for the entirety of our stay, with everything catered around us so we could enjoy the most relaxing time possible. Camel rides, dinner in the mountains and Hatha yoga were all arranged at our convenience (and all were incredible).

Our room was comfortable, with a gorgeous terrace that overlooked the pool. Our sheets were very clean.

The pool is the perfect size and like the rest of the grounds, maintained perfectly. There are plenty of sun loungers and towels are provided which you are allowed to take to the beach (a rarity for most hotels).

You can also buy snorkelling kit from the hotel quite cheaply, which we used on two separate occasions in the sea just by the hotel. The coral is amazing with so many fish! Highly recommended.

Breakfasts at the hotel offer good variation, we particularly liked the Egyptian pancakes. Fish from the menu was fresh and we particularly liked the mezze which we had on the hotel's 'Egyptian Night' dinner.

This hotel is so wonderfully peaceful, and is perfect for anyone seeking some proper relaxation. However, with so many activities within a short reach of the hotel (diving, snorkelling, windsurfing, kitesurfing) there is something to suit everyone.

A big thanks to everyone at Paradise, we will be back!

Room Tip: Rooms on he first floor may offer a little more privacy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Venetia F
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at Dahab Paradise. It is so tranquel, and the staff bent over backwards to make sure your stay was everything you wanted it to be. I felt like family and i would definitely go back. I was sad to say goodbye. I saw it was a 3* which surprised me, as it felt much closer to a high 4*.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 May 2013 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights and couldn't fault anything with this hotel. The staff were incredibly friendly, happy to organise taxis, snorkeling and diving gear and on return to the hotel would always be greater by every staff with a 'welcome back'.

Rooms were cleaned daily with different surprise towel sculptures left on our beds every day.

Pool was clean with plenty of sun beds and always clean towels available. Great trust system with using towels for snorkeling offsite, greatly appreciated this individual service rather than being treated as a room number.

Restaurant served breakfast daily, fruit salad was the best ever!! Staff serving were super friendly!

Although slightly out if town, taxis in were cheap and safe. Felt better being out of the centre of dahab rather than in the thick of it.

Highly recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a safe, fun, comfortable, friendly and relaxed holiday in dahab.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent a week at the Dahab Paradise in the begining of May, having flown into Sharm. I really can not fault this hotel, from my initial email enquiries through to my transfer back to the airport the staff go out of there way to look after their guests.

The hotel is quite small with around 30 rooms, but this is, I think, why it works. Every room has a sea view, and a balcony - no leaning out of a window and straining your neck to see the sea! My room was a decent size, with kingsize bed. Bathrooms are small but new and clean.

Breakfast is a good buffet with both middle eastern food along with more traditional European options too. The dining area also has great views out to sea, with low level music playing. The menu for other meals is largely north European in flavour, but the Egyptian buffet on Wednesday evening was a real treat.

The hotel is located outside of Dahab, and it is possible to walk to the main tourist area along the beach in about 30 - 40 minutes depending on your speed. A taxi back costs between 10 and 20E£ - so quite cheap.

The dive centre is not located on site, but there is a person from the dive centre there to provide information, snorkelling gear and transport both to and from Big Blue Diving (if you are a diver or learning). Snorkelling can be done right off the beach infront of the hotel.

As others have mentioned the hotel is separated from the beach by a road that leads to the Blue Hole, but the clever design of the hotel means that you can't actually see the road when you are sitting in the hotel, and there is hardly any traiffic noise most of the time. This road is hardly the M25 and much of the traffic happens in the morning as divers and snorklers head out to the Blue Hole, at night it is pretty deserted.

Another very nice touch is the Bedouin tent where a handful of local Bedouin men will happily make you tea, and one evening everyone was invited to a music evening taking place in the tent. Again a great place to hang out.

I would definately return to this hotel - a great place for a quiet week and some great diving.

Room Tip: I chose an upstairs room as I like to sleep with the balcony doors open to hear the sea. The downst...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo