“Home from Home”

Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
London, England, United Kingdom
“Home from Home”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed in a fair few hotels now in Dahab as I am back and forward between here and London a lot. This is THE place for me. Its rooms are lovely, balcony overlooking the sea. Its a small hotel, nice laid back attitude and super friendly people. It’s not up itself as many of the hotels are, and the nicest of the staff doesn’t wavier, nor are they staying there for everything they do to tip them. In fact I actually went to tip someone who brought food to my room as I was working (free wifi another bonus) and he had gone before I could turn around. This is a first! I tend to find staff in hotels and their friendliness is very hit and miss, or never feels genuine, this is not the case here at all. When they smile, you feel it. They couldn’t be more helpful. After my 6th visit here, I feel I have finally found the perfect second home. We own a horse riding company called Dahab Horse Riding Club, we will be recommending Dahab Paradise to all our guests. Thank you for making me feel so welcome. I am delighted to have found somewhere both where I can send our clients and know they will be looked after, and somewhere I can look as at a second home when in Dahab

Room Tip: I had room 201, looks straight out to the sea, stunning,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EmmajL_13
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Emmaj,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the service to be genuine and sincere. We do believe our staff are our greatest asset and it is lovely that their efforts are appreciated. Please do consider Dahab Paradise as your home in Dahab and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Dahab Paradise Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Arabic first
Jakarta
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband, Richard and I have just returned from Dahab Paradise. We had a fantastic time; the hotel is fabulous; the rooms are clean, air conditioned and all rooms overlook the Red Sea. We stayed 10 nights; we were very well looked after by the staff who are all lovely. Defintely recommend Dahab Paradise Hotel; it is peaceful and the perfect location. You can walk to the town from the beach or ask the hotel to arrange a taxi for around £1.50. Our room was on the first floor; the balcony is very spacious. The hotel arranged an Egyptian night dinner which was delicious. Definitely recommend visitors to try the Egyptian food.
The staff were brilliant and made us feel special. We would like to thank Nimisha, Michael, Wael, Remu, Alla and the Chef for looking after us so well, we were spoilt! Thank you so much for a lovely holiday. We hope to visit again in the near future. With best wishes, Sofina & Richard.

Room Tip: Recommend the first floor rooms as the balconies are spacious.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Sofina & Richard,

We are thrilled to hear you had such a fantastic time at Dahab Paradise. Thank you for your kind comments, all of the staff at Paradise are touched that their efforts were appreciated.

Thanks again for choosing to stay at Dahab Pardise and your wonderful review. We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 17 September 2013

After a lot of trips to Dahab, finally I found it, the right Combination:

Location: Just 10~30 min. from everywhere else like Market yet away from the crowds so you have the choice depending on your mood, Restaurants and Dahab walk are not far, for divers and snorkelers Blue hole is 20min. away, and you can just cross the road and snorkel nearby.

View: Again it is the right Combination G+1 only makes it different than most of others as here there isn’t big tall buildings, Pool with a Sea and Mountains view, I loved their tent as it is on high ground again with sea view and just down the mountain.

Staff: Very attentive, they been always there when we needed them, every now and then you can spot the manager herself making sure everything is fine, they are very polite and well equipped.

Rooms: Spacious, Central A/C, Fridge, Cable, very nice Furniture Consistent with the theme, Clean Bathrooms with glass shower cabinet and liked the little details like small safe, glasses Enough Towels and I didn’t need it but mosquito reseller, even enough hangers, loved reading at the balcony which is also nicely furnished with comfy chairs and a table.
Ground Floor is nice if you will be moving a lot like pool sea tent restaurant, and 1st floor if you want wider sea view.
Food: Nice Varity of drinks snakes and dishes which could be fresher, but the good part is I heard they are working on improving it with one of the biggest names in the business, I am looking forward to try it on my next visit, and breakfast again had nice combination but could be fresher.

Value: you Pay for what you get which is a fair deal don’t you think? Of course there is much cheaper places but trust me at the end you will end up spending the same.
Overall: Next Time I get a chance to go to Dahab I am staying there if it Family, Friends or as a Couple, and hopefully the food will be better and better.

Rent a bicycle from the Souq or market and use it every day if you are planning to go to the Walk often

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms are nice if you will be moving a lot like pool sea tent restaurant, and 1st floor...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Ramy,

Thank you for choosing Dahab Paradise and for your informative review, which I'm sure other prospective guests will find very useful. We really value guest feedback and are delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay.

You are correct in saying that we are in the process of revamping our menu. I am sorry if the food did not meet your expectations on this visit and hope that when you return you will find a much improved menu that you will enjoy.

We hope to see you again very soo.

UK
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My wife and I travelled for a weeks r&r at Dahab Paradise from our home in Saudi Arabia in August.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel, which is made special by the guys who work there, every single one of them provide the highest level of service and attention.

Nothing is too much trouble for the team, despite my various requests ahead of our arrival for 'surprises' for my wife, the hotel arranged for us to arrive at the hotel by camel, quad biking, horse riding and all manner of other little details. For this, I can't thank the team enough.

The food was as good as I remember it, although the inclusion of a more middle eastern menu/cuisine is hopefully on its way although long overdue. Breakfast is basic, but perfectly adequate with breads, eggs cooked your way, ful, etc.

The rooms were clean and 'cosy' - not the largest rooms you will ever stay in, but perfectly sufficient for a couple who only used it to sleep and shower, although we did make use of the wonderful balcony overlooking the red sea for a few pre-evening drinks after a long day of chilling, diving or whatever you choose to di with your days.

We made use of the Big Blue diving school, and our instructor Mohab was excellent with my wife who was nervous diver after a bad experience, and I completed by Advanced Open Water qualification whilst there, doing 7 dives in total which were all great experiences.

For people not sure about this property due to the location (about 1.5 miles from the centre of town), it's a lovely walk into town down the beach during the day, and a taxi is no more than 20le - a price well worth paying a couple of times a day for the peace and tranquility of staying in such a peaceful hotel.

Once again, thanks to the whole team from Danielle and I - and we will definitely be back next year to visit again, if not sooner.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank johnpb78
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hello johnpb78,

Thank you so much for returning to Dahab Paradise and taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you found our service of a high standard, we continually strive to improve ourselves, so your comments are much appreciated.

Please do come and visit us again soon, when we hope we can provide you with another memorable stay.

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a wonderful location, the staff is great and helpful, the rooms are overlooking the Red Sea, and the pool which is always clean.
Thanks DAHAB paradise staff for the wonderful experience, it has been a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Ahmed A
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Dear Ahmed,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Dahab Paradise. I have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the Dahab Paradise team and they are touched that their efforts were appreciated and led to you having an enjoyable stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I booked the Dahab Paradise on the advice of a good friend as well as reading the positive feedbacks and looking at some of the idyllic pictures. The hotel did not disappoint, in fact it surpassed all my hopes, especially the very attentive staff led by the delightful Nimisha who made sure everything I needed was catered for. I was staying on my own but never felt alone as all the staff were sociable as well as respectful of my own space. Dahab is a peaceful town and I enjoyed venturing in both in the day and at night. I used to enjoy getting back to my room at night and seeing what design the room attendants had done with the towels laid out on the bed.. including elephants and frogs!! It is not often I revisit hotels or a location, but I will definitely return to Dahab Paradise and hopefully see those familiar faces again, highly recommended!!

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the pool but I would go for the first floor as the ground floor has a path in fro...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear James,

Many thanks for sharing your experience at Dahab Paradise on Tripadvisor. We value guest feedback and are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay.

For us it is the greatest compliment when guests choose to stay with us again, so we hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

This was myself and my boyfriends second stay at Dahab paradise . . . something I have never done before, this I think speaks volumes! Fantastic stay as before, I cannot fault the hotel, staff, food or location! It was lovely to return and was made to feel like a returning friend rather than a guest! Most highly recommended! :)

• Stayed July 2013
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Smallfry78,

Firstly many thanks for choosing Dahab Paradise for the second time as your chosen holiday destination. We are honored that you chose to stay with us again and are delighted to hear that you had another fantastic stay.

We hope to welcome you back in the very near future.