“fantastic place to stay....”
Review of Dahab Paradise

Dahab Paradise
Ranked #1 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here for a week recently after reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Last time I stayed in Dahab was 20 years ago when it was mostly bamboo huts so a lot of change since then.....
We were very kindly upgraded to a triple room by Nimisha who looked after us for our whole stay. The hotel location is great - far enough out of town to be completely quiet without traffic/mosque noise and is only 15 Egyptian pounds by taxi into town (or 20-30 min walking)
The swimming pool is gorgeous (no chlorine and very well kept) ! Spent a fair bit of time there.... Beer is about the same price as water....
The staff here are lovely - always smiling and happy to help and serve - despite the lack of tourists on the ground due to the current political situation. Hany on the breakfast shift was very helpful and I even got a little breakfast box when I went diving.
The breakfast is typical middle Eastern with olives, cheeses, falafels and juices etc - they do have espresso which is a plus!
The shower stalls are bit small so you have to shower with the door open and the aircon slightly noisy - but you do need it at night. Oh and watch for mossies in the evening - you can buy Off in town quite cheaply.
I am already looking at flights for my return trip and will be returning to Dahab Paradise...... don't tell anyone!!!!!

Room Tip: top floor if you like privacy - bottom floor if you like to be close to the pool!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear jemstoane,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and are already thinking of returning!

We apologise if the noise from the air-conditioning disturbed you, if we were made aware of the issue during your stay we would have happily rectified the problem.

Many thanks again for your lovely review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The Dahab Paradise hotel is truly deserving of it's name and the top billing in Trip Advisors #1 hotel in Dahab. I went there ont he recommendation of a friend (Thanks Aladdin!) and absolutely loved it. The facilities and rooms are extremely clean and the layout of the hotel (all rooms face the water!) is amazing. But by far, the best part of the hotel are the staff. This is a hotel where it's obvious that the workers are there because they love it. Egyptians as a whole (especially those from Dahab) are very friendly, but the staff at Dahab Paradise take this a step above. Everyone greets you with a smile and they're willing to do whatever necessary to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Truthfully, I've never felt more at home while on vacation. It broke my heart to leave after 2 days, but I left with the solace that I'll one day be back. If I could give Dahab Paradise a rating greater than 5, I would with pleasure.

On a side note, Egypt has been getting a bad reputation as a place to visit because of all of the political instability over the last few years. I can truthfully say that I have never felt safer while on vacation that I did in Dahab. As opposed to some of the more popular sites in Egypt (The Pyramids and the Temples) where you can be hassled constantly to pay outrageous prices for mediocre experiences (i.e. DO NOT GET ON A CAMEL AT THE PYRAMIDS OF GIZA), the people of Dahab are warm and friendly and let you vacation in peace. I highly recommend it whether you're looking to sit by a pool and relax, or take in some snorkeling and diving. You can do all of this safely (and very cheaply) in Dahab.

Room Tip: They're all good rooms!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PCiappara
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear PCiappara,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Dahab Paradise.

Many thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review and sharing your experience on Tripadivsor., we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Your kind comments have been passed on to the whole team and they were very happy to hear that their efforts were appreciated and led to you having a memorable stay.

We look forward to your next visit, when hopefully you can spend longer with us.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

This really is a lovely hotel and the grounds are kept so green and pretty.

Peaceful location between the town and the Blue Hole each only a short cab ride away.

All the staff are amazing so helpful and friendly.

The rooms are beautifully decorated, very comfortable and kept very clean.

The AC worked well and room safes are in each room but Dahab is very safe, I left my bag lying around unattended all over Dahab quite happily as did everyone else : )

The view from the private balcony is beautiful, every room has a view of the sea.

The restaurant provides good food which they will serve you anywhere on site.

Breakfast was delicious and substantial with so much choice.

The pool is very big with showers and large soft towels are provided too.

There is great snorkelling right by the hotel with amazing coral and marine life.

You can hire your snorkelling gear or arrange dive trips with the excellent onsite dive centre the Big Blue Dahab.

When I return to Dahab I will definitely stay here again.

Thank you all at Dahab Paradise for making my holiday extra special : )

Room Tip: All rooms are great and have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Debra B,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

Many thanks for your kind comments, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the location and friendly service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Paradise for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

we were one day 28.04-29.04.2014. Hotel Paradise in Dahab was our haven to continue traveling to Jordan from TRAVEL TALK. The place is rightly called paradise, is situated in a quiet area, it is very nice and romantic. Thanks to the entire staff for a large share of the work, style interior, cleanliness, delicious food, and very friendly service. We greet you warmly, and we will never forget your cheerful face.- Jozef and Monica from Poland

1  Thank Jozef B
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Jozef & Monica,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to hear that although your stay was brief you enjoyed your time at Paradise. Many thanks for your kind comments and we hope you can visit us again in the near future for another memorable holiday.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

My boyfriend and me just spent a week at Dahab Paradise and I can't recommend it highly enough. We arrived exhausted and really needing a break and left feeling completely rested and relaxed.
The setting is beautiful, the rooms, pool and restaurant are lovely and the hotel is really peaceful. But the thing that made the holiday so special for us was the staff who are incredible. Everyone there is so friendly, welcoming and helpful, they made us feel at home straight away and very looked after the whole time we were there.
We were sad to say goodbye and hope to be back soon!

1  Thank j0diel0nd0n
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear j0diel0nd0n,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you you enjoyed your stay and left feeling relaxed and rested. Many thanks for your kind comments, we are especially happy that you found the Paradise to be be helpful, friendly and welcoming. We always strive to exceed our guests expectations and happy that it led to a better a holiday experience.

Please do come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

There is everything beautiful about Dahab Paradise!

Dahab Paradise is a beautiful paradise, and everything about it's name is true. From the moment I walked in, I was greeted with a view surpassing most views - overlooking the ocean with the Saudi mountains in the distance. Everything about this vista reminded me of Thailand and the paradise i know there too and many things about Dahab Paradise resemble the feeling i experience in Asia, but it's Egypt, and Dahab, and that's what makes it stand out from all the other resorts as a beautiful peaceful haven with a really wonderful quality about it.

Although it may be a little distance from town, it still is very close by Asallah and yet lends itself to the perfect retreat feeling away from it all. It has a special touch that is absolutely unique in Dahab and Sinai - so much thought and personal attention to detail put into every aspect of this treasured resort. Somehow it feels it is infused with a lot of love, and after briefly meeting the owner I understand why. His personal vision to create a place that feels personal and homely while having all the attentiveness to make it feel like luxury too is such a touch.

What struck me was the happiness of the people who worked there, and that says a lot. Many have been there for years, and having managed resorts and big centres in London and around the world, this says a lot about the management and the care for people on the whole.

The restaurant boasts a beautiful menu! and a beautiful setting too! The menu is varied, and it was also possible to order off menu and eat some of the local food cooked by the staff for themselves. That was a real treat. There's fresh espresso - which for any coffee freak is a big bonus, and gorgeous juices, and again a creative touch that is unusual for Dahab. It stands out. And the grounds - what can I say - they are exquisite! Grassy lawns, such abundant nature, palm trees and jasmine draped balconies and a beautiful circular swimming pool right in the centre - all floodlit at night in the softest way that is not intrusive at all, but highlights the beauty of the land.

Nimisha was my contact at Dahab Paradise, and such a warm soft inviting welcome i was given by her, with a lot of generosity and patience walking me around to find the room i preferred the most. All of the rooms are beautiful, and every room looks out onto the ocean, whether they be ground level or upper level. The resort itself is designed in a soft crescent shape, so picking a room is really only about the direction your eyes want to fall on the ocean itself. The wooden features make everything feel so natural - the balconies are glorious to sit on and smell - with that beautiful scent of jasmine - each decked out with two loungers and a table, and powerpoint sockets if you wish to work outside on any computers, though really it would be a shame to divert your attention away from the peace. The rooms are a standard but generous size, and the hot water showers provide a sweet water mix and the rooms come complete with television, and good a/c and fridge, and the mattresses are very comfortable too. They pay attention to guests comfort, and had fogged the mosquitos just before i arrived. There aren't so many actually, and a little touch of a gift of incense was provided just to clear the air.

The setting of Dahab Paradise is really just gorgeous. Nestled right into the mountains, which is a real wonder. Step outside your room and there they are, with little touches left by guests of love hearts made by gathered stones. I really felt at home here. My stay was short, but I would return without a doubt, as everything felt relaxed, informal, intimate and like home, with a sense of being anywhere in the world, but with the beautiful Sinai on the doorstep.

Thank you Dahab Paradise for making my short stay very beautiful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank EliTwinks

Dear EliTwinks,

A heartfelt thanks for your wonderful review. Thank you so much for your kind words and sharing your experience at Paradise on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed the tranquil, beautiful location and truly understood the concept behind Paradise. Having a happy team is just as important to us as having happy guests, thank you for noticing.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future, when hopefully you can stay longer and experience another memorable stay.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent 10 days at Dahab Paradise a couple of weeks ago and it was, without doubt, one of our favourite holiday experiences. Michael and Nimisha run the hotel to an exceptional standard - they manage to make you feel like a friend and are attentive to your every need without being overbearing, which is a tricky balance to meet but they manage it perfectly. The hotel is clean, efficiently run and they ensure the environment is a calm one for everyone to relax in. The hotel attracts a variety of guests from all different cultures and the fact that the atmosphere feels like a community is due to the excellent ethos of its managers. The pool was wonderful to swim in and doesn't ever feel full so you feel like it's your own, the view from the upstairs balcony is lovely and the rooms themselves are very comfortable (big beds!) The breakfast is nice and they're working on a new menu which is needed to ensure more guests eat there in the evenings. Fantastic, attentive bar staff - a credit to the hotel. Because I'm pregnant, I got sick whilst there and was better looked after by the hotel and it's doctor than I would have been in the UK! They came out to hug us when we left - says it all really! English hotels could learn a lot from Dahab Paradise. Thank you for looking after us so well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear JH,

Thank you for the amazing review. We are honoured and delighted that your stay at Paradise was one of your favourite holiday experiences!

Many thanks for your kind comments about the service and hotel, it is always nice when our efforts are appreciated. We are very happy that you experienced our genuine hospitality.

It was a pleasure having you and your husband stay with us, we hope you can visit us again in the near future (with your new addition to the family) and have another memorable stay.