Dahab Paradise
US$37
Hotels.com
US$69
  • Breakfast included
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
US$100
US$63
US$40
US$35
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
  • Breakfast included
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$64
US$62
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsreal paradiseblue holebedouin tentboutique hotela short taxi ridecheap taxispent nightscomfortable roomssaudi arabiasea viewlaid backnothing is too much troublesmall hotelbig thanksfalafelamazing placeyogurt
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I had a wonderful time in Dahab and the Dahab Paradise, the staff were absolutely lovely and so helpful and I couldn't ask for better service. The staff can organise anything at all you would like to do, any trips, taxis, restaurant bookings and are very informative about the area and offer recommendations to suit your needs. The pool area is beautiful and tranquil and they serve you whatever you like to eat or drink wherever you like from the restaurant to the pool to your balcony. At night the lights by the pool make the whole setting look so serene and gorgeous, especially if you have a ground floor terrace room. The sunbeds are lovely and comfortable and provide plenty of pool towels. The rooms are pleasent although some of the cupboards have a slightly mouldy smell so the dressing table drawers I couldn't use as my things in there ended up smelling as well. The bathroom is lovely and clean but the shower is tiny and as it has doors its very chlaustrophobic and difficult to have a shower so that was a downfall. The rooms are cleaned every day which is very unusual and very happy with. There could be a hairdryer and kettle in the room and the wifi was painfully slow and often didn't work but other than that, it was great and perfect for a little retreat over looking the sea although I didn't realise I couldn't swim in the sea as one of the reasons I chose here was to have a beach right next to the hotel so I had to go to another beach and wasn't warned about not going in and could have found myself with a nasty sea urchin bite, so warnings should be given when you arrive as my holiday could have been very different but I would most definately go back, it offers a very personal boutique hotel service for lovely getaway I felt so relaxed and stress free from a wonderful holiday.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I stayed at Dahab Paradise for 10 days. Myself and my aunt both needed total relaxation and tranquility and we got exactly that. The staff are wonderful (especially Mo, Mizo and Guro)...nothing is too much trouble. The location was perfect....just a short walk to a small supermarket and a short taxi ride into Dahab for some hustle and bustle and great seafood restaurants.

Dahab Paradise isn't 'luxurious' but it is comfortable and informal. Certainly gets my vote over and above Dahab Hilton (I have stayed there too).

I definitely recommend getting up to watch sunrise... stunning.

I look forward to returning when I next need some rest and relaxation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Firstly, could I confirm what everyone says, the staff at the Dahab Paradise are incredible. They are welcoming, cheerful, polite in the extreme and unbelievably helpful. They arranged two trips for us, to Petra for the day, and a day and a half in Cairo (thanks Guro) and all we had to do was notify them of our needs, and they did all the rest. But on a day-to-day basis, nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

People do need to look carefully at what they are booking though. This is not the Dahab Hilton, nor are its prices. If you are looking for wall-to-wall carpeted luxury you are likely to be disappointed. But it is a small, very friendly, comfortable hotel that is ideal for those who want to relax for a while, or take part in diving, snorkeling or day trips that you are looking for, then you will be delighted.

We will willingly return to the Dahab Paradise (they are organising a music festival in January for anyone interested) and look forward to meeting up again with the friendliest hotel staff I have ever met.

So, thank you to Remo, Mohamed, Guro, Mizo, Wael and Nemo for making our stay so pleasant. (I've attached the photos)

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobandliz48
Reviewed 14 October 2010

We chose this hotel because of it's tripadvisor rating and whilst we had a great holiday overall there definitely some good and bad points to.
Good points:
- the staff working in this hotel are completely fantastic. Reception staff were hugely helpful and always friendly booking taxis in to town, organising trips and signposting. Nicest hotel staff I've ever encountered. Restaurant staff were also lovely although quite relaxed about the speed with which they served you!
- the organised trips were great. We went to Petra overnight (which was fabulous, I'd completely recommend it) and also up Mt Sinai for sunrise (again excellent). Both were well organised and completely enjoyable
- there was a diving company onsite. We used this to hire snorkelling equipment and to organise a snorkelling trip to the blue hole (oh wow, the blue hole was utterly fantastic, couldn't recommend this enough!)
- the location was fab if you want something a bit quieter. It was a good 5 min drive out of the town (but taxis are very cheap so this was unproblematic) which meant zero hassle and no hustle and bustle. The hotel is on a main road but the road was actually very quiet. On the other side of the road was the sea and we did some excellent snorkelling on the coral reef directly opposite the hotel. Awesome stuff with beautiful tropical fish. I couldn't get over how beautiful it was! Also the rockpools on the 'beach' were pretty fun - if you like that sort of thing.
- the pool was small but lovely and the layout of the hotel generally was good
Bad points:
- the food in Dahab generally was terrible. We had night after night and day after day of bad food (only saved by 48 hours in Jordan). We tried Dahab itself and the restaurant at the hotel. The restaurant at the hotel had the plus side of feeling safe (e.g. we checked and all salad was washed in filtered water etc) but the standard of food was dreadful. And the range wasn't ideal either - mostly badly done 'cover versions' of western style food.
- the room was small and dark. The bathroom sometimes smelt funny (drains-smell) and although the shower was hot (once we'd worked out how to turn the heater on!) the water pressure was bad and it was very small.
- if you're looking for a sunbathing holiday, when the hotel is full the sunbeds fill up fast (and annoyingly, many of them sit empty but with people's things on them to reserve them for most of the day). We didn't do so much lying around but it would have been nice to have had the opportunity to do so for the odd hour.
- the hotel seemed to us to be extremely safe but we would have preferred to have had a safe in our room
- the free wifi was deathly slow
Overall I would recommend the hotel but please be aware that its real-life star rating (as opposed to the tripadvisor rating!) is realistic and appropriate. We had a fab holiday, mostly thanks to the wonderful and helpful staff but the facilities here are by no means perfect or luxurious.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Dahab Paradise was located away from the main town but only a 5 min (1 pound) drive away which is what I loved about the place.. quiet, relaxing and away from it all.

Its right by the ocean, all rooms have sea views.
The rooms were nice clean and comfy with a couple of deck chairs out the front to stretch out on, in the sun. Actually the pics on the website are the real deal.

The food at the restaurant is fab, as are the fruit cocktails and milkshakes mmmmmmm
Breakfast with the room is decent (not amazing) pancakes, eggs, cereal fruit etc

Service is first rate. We had a couple of issues with our rooms/service which were quickly resolved

1. first room had a gap in the door which would allow mosquitoes in. Staff changed our room and the next day we saw them fixing the door. (they also give you plug in insect repellent for your room)

2. shower broke (head came off) in the second room. as soon as we mentioned this we had a repair man come down and fix it within a few mins.

3. I ordered a wonderful seafood chowder but the next night I ordered it again it was a bit seafood-less. I mentioned this to the waiter and it was quickly replaced.

They have a nice pool and an area/pit that they light a fire in in the evenings which we took a few beers down and chilled out each night in there.

While staying in Dahab I also recommend big blue Dahab diving company and funny mummy restaurant in the main town (they do the best milkshakes, Egyptian beef stew and fish dishes)

my only down side and it wouldn't stop me staying there was that the shower power and heat wasn't amazing and the only reason I mention it is as a diver (who gets cold easy) I love a really really hot shower at the end of my diving. And in hindsight I probably could have asked them to turn it up for me

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple