Algotels
Shropshire UK
So relaxing and friendly
Review of Seaview Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 26 Nov 2012
We spent another lovely week here in November, and loved every minute. The newly refurbished seafront snack bar is a great improvement, and the breakfast omelettes were delicious. Being able to snorkel off the house reef was wonderful, and coming back to the pool afterwards for a spot of sunbathing made life very simple. Sitting on the balcony, the sky changing colour above the sea as it got dark , was a peaceful end to our days before going out to eat, and sitting by the sea drinking a bedtime Turkish coffee or Bedouin tea finished the day off nicely. We can't praise the staff highly enough for their care of us, and will be returning next spring, inshallah.
Date of stay: November 2012
    £30
0.9 miles from Seaview Hotel
Beachfront
View more hotels in Dahab
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 May 2012

A friend who is buying property in Dahab recommended this hotel because of the location at the quieter, south end of town. Our booking was handled efficiently by Helena but our transfer from Sharm airport did not arrive. The hotel, like all of Dahab, is in need of refurbishment but I enjoyed the view from my balcony overlooking the pool, sea and the mountains of Saudi. Price was cheap but you can find a small hotel where I live in the upmarket town of El Gouna on the Red Sea coast for the same price and far superior. I didn't hand in my key so my room wasn't cleaned for three nights. Breakfast was very basic but you can find good restaurants nearby very cheaply. Room was spacious with large fridge and fruit plate on arrival. Free wifi, TV, A/C. Staff work hard to please you.

Room tip: First floor rooms are more private with good view.
Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank GeorginainGouna
seaviewresort, Manager at Seaview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2012

Dear Georgina,

Many thanks for your kind review, and I apologise once again for the mix up with the transfer. This has led to me personally handling all responsibility for arranging transfers as there was a staff mix up with this.

We have taken all of your comments into account, and we have a new policy that housekeeping is available at any time which our guest requests, so as not to disturb our guests and ensure that their room is cleaned at any time which they may need.

We thank you for your constructive and kind comments, and would be delighted to welcome you to Seaview Resort in the near future.

Kind regards,
Helen
Seaview Resort Dahab

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Returned to seaview after a year to find it just as we remembered. The room was very clean and staff were so welcoming and happy to help us. The pool was great, and we enjoyed having a pizza delivered for lunch. Eating breakfast or having a really good coffee watching the moon rise with the sea at our feet was wonderful.
They were busy making new kitchens on the seaside while we were there, to do hot food at one end and bar/snacks at the other end, which will be very nice.
Thanks to all the seaview family for making our stay so enjoyable

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
seaviewresort, Manager at Seaview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

Dear Ann and Geoff,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would be more than happy to welcome you again to Seaview Resort, you are lovely people and we hope to see you soon! The new restaurant and snack bar is going to be very special, and we hope you will be here soon to see it and sample our tasty menu! Thank you once again for your kind review and we wish you all the best!

Kind regards,
Helen
Seaview Resort Dahab

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I will start with the minus...
apartment was not clean on arrival maybe because I planned on the double room previously but I don't think so as oldish dirt. The floor needed sweeping. The bathmats were very dirty..and needed to be washed but they kind of got washed by us when we had the jacuzzi. They need to wash these.

the next day the men came into clean it thoroughly and did all we wanted. and I pointed out the unclean areas such as under the sofas - fridge and mirrors and windows were dirty - and draws needed attention. The kitchen lacked a coffee maker or machine and any decent sized mugs. Or a knife that cut - or a bottle opener etc., otherwise quite well equipped for all other needs. The middle gas ring did not work. It was a 3 prong stand alone camper oven thing..fine for us.
My sheets seemed not washed well - and smelt a bit. They appeared to be very average. There was no under blanket on the bed or mattress protector and the bedroom smelt of a past occupant slightly which did not seem to go maybe due to lack of underblankets etc., My friends room was clean and fresh...it had 3 single beds in which we had not been told about but a very good sea view. They happily moved two beds together though they are not adjoining beds so not right for a couple. There was jacuzzi it took ages to fill and maybe not environmentally friendly in the desert..however we enjoyed it..the shower was very average and it took awhile to wash under it but ok.

I was impressed with the views and the size of the apartment...and general vista.

There were some mosis no doubt they came in via the hole for the palm tree a quirk of the apartment. New mosi killer was provided in the form of tablets and a spray in the middle of the night when one bothered me but of course I had to ask.

There were some dead plants round the tree which were taken away on request and the room and kitchen was cleaned on request..I would have liked every day for the bins at at 11am but they are obviously not wanting to be intrusive to your holiday.

The pool was unbearable cold and I am brave but I could not get in so there was no pleasure to be had in swmming in Dec..Jan so don't book if you want to use a pool in any accom in Dahab in these months because you will have to go in the sea which is warm..I kind of wished I had gone for a no pool less expensive place as I did book for the pool. To swim in the sea
there is a 20 meter or so reef to walk across - doable in shoes and a wet suit -as if you fall you can cut yourself as I did do not risk a short legged wet suit , cuts on the reef causes cellulitus a very serious problem due to the live coral getting into the wound...wounds must be cared for - lemon juice or a scrub out with a sterile toothbrush does the trick and iondine afterwards will help..it takes ages to heal I am still on anti biotics for a wound the size of 10p piece..that is 3 weeks after and risk anti biotic drip or amputation at the very worest of this infection - hopefully that won't happen! I travelled alone as a woman and only ever snorkled in thailand and greece where you access via a boat or by the beach - had no idea about walking across reefs, not to try on windy days etc due to waves and stuff and falling over..it would be useful for them to print a fact sheet about the reef with useful hints and tips...and a few safety warnings..about walking in flippers and falling over..etc., I really think it is non adviseable to go alone without some bouyancy aids as I found myself out at sea and tired..on another occassion..its easy to get scared in the sea if you are not exprerienced...and to leave this info in the room with some further information about Dahab.

eg a map which I was given after 2-3 days - a map on arrival would have been cool as I had no real idea where I was or where to go though it is quite obvious in Dahab which is a very nice place suffering from a lack of tourism at the moment so please go the people are nice and not too much hassle!

Pluses
Offered the choice of double room or apartment on arrival.
Cleaning done when done was good
Helpful people.
Not sure if the owner is on site? If he is he speaks only little English..this can create complications.
On site hire of equipment eg flippers (beware) shoes for the reef and diving suits..all a bit chaotic but they will sort you out they charge 20le per item but were reasonable when I did not use things..
Lovely big apartment with good view sea view direct..and black out curtains..tv with a couple of UK channels for a movie per night or CNN. good reception.. close to the bottle shop and supermarkets.
Very good transfer from the airport by nice man.
Not such a reliable on site taxi service good at dropping off not so good at picks up twice stranded once in town in a wet suit after the sun went down and once at a hotel on the day of our flight home not so great...so maybe get dropped off and then just get a local taxi which are plentiful.
The best thing helpful about our lost items which we often got back sunglasses and shoes and stuff.

Overall I had a nice relaxing holiday but don't recommend for lone travellers. I recommend for couples. Or family.

The pool was kept clean. and the surrounding pool areas though. However it is extremely slippery round the pool and they could put signs up to warn people as a nasty accident could happen! The pool area is peaceful and often empty but not much tea or coffee to be had around it - the restaurant opposite is open but it could do with having a couple of menus around the pool area to encourage people to eat at the tables there..

All in all I had a lovely holiday..though...and thought the people at the apartments, were nice and good hearted. They tell you they don't accept credit cards you have been warned..this can cause problems at the end if you run short and remember you still owe them for the scuba stuff so keep some money aside for that..my fault as I needed to pay attention to money not my bag unfortunately!

There is no gym.

I felt my emailed direct reservation was handled far too slowly and that questions were not answered quickly..

Overall I give it a 4 out of 10 for a solo traveller.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank francescabL1504YK
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I simply can't praise Seaview enough. my wife and I have stayed at the Seaview twice and have had a great experience on both occasions. Mohammed the receptionist is a great guy and can't do enough for you – whatever you need, he will sort it and is so friendly and hard working. The rooms are lovely – better than basic, clean, secure and quiet and have balconies or patios overlooking the pool and the Red Sea.

If you fancy a dip, the sea is about 10 metres in front of the hotel and you can walk out to the reef and snorkel amongst a myriad of colourful fish, corals and sea creatures then relax and dry out by the hotel's pool. if you want a bite to eat, the hotel does snacks which are tasty and good value and if you want something more in the evening, there are restaurants along the sea front from the hotel right into Dahab and there is something good for everyone.

Need i say more…the Seaview is a perfect all round hotel.

Room tip: All rooms are excellent.
Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Dahab visited more than once .. In my visit was the fourth of my stay in Hotel Sea View, really beautiful and wonderful you feel at home with my family, a very beautiful place as Jbny I would not feel I was a tourist and others .. I love and staying in each visit to Egypt .. Thanked for all the team of seaview hotel to participate with me on vacation happy

Date of stay: March 2011