“Nice hotel! Great price!”
Review of Dyarna Hotel

Dyarna Hotel
Ranked #46 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 17 May 2010

Me and my boyfreind went to Dahab for a 6 days holidays of sun, beach and water sports. The Dyarna Hotel has a great location, we rent 2 bikes and was very easy to be going in the city The pool is a bless for realy hot days and the meals that they serve in the pool bar are very good! Nice rooms with AC. I just thing that they should keep more clean and with a better decor the beach area. I´m sure that they would win more clients if they do it!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Catarinagalucho

Reviewed 14 April 2010

Booked the Dyarna independently having seen it on a previous visit to Dahab and was attracted to the Sea front position, balconied rooms and nice looking pool. However on arrival we were greeted by unfriendly staff, shown to our room on the ground floor, which overlooked a brick wall and was next to the dive equipment area. Immensely disappointed with the room I returned to reception and explained why I was unhappy and requested a change of room, preferably on the 1st floor, was told this was not possible. I asked if it would be possible to change the following day and was told this was unlikely. This was in March and the whole of Dahab was very quiet, I can not believe the hotel was full. We saw very few other guests whilst we were there. Returning to the room we decided to just go to bed and ask again the next day. Bed was OK but had no top sheet on it, just a scratchy single throw on a double bed. Returning to reception again I asked for a sheet, and was told one would be brought to the room, it was, but was straight from the laundry and still wet!!
The next day we did change rooms to one which was slightly nicer overlooking the pool, however the staff, especially the receptionist was so unfriendly I felt quite uncomfortable.
Buffet breakfast was OK, the usual breads, cheese, jams, and you could get an omelette or eggs cooked.
We didn't use the pool because it was too cold.
We dived with Big Blue just down the promenade, and as usual found them to be friendly, efficient and safe. I didn't get the same feeling from the dive school at The Dyarna.
We will be returning to Dahab again but will steer clear of the Dyarna, having stayed at The Oricana Hotel in January,(just over the road) I much prefer the friendliness and service you get there and will willingly forgo the "sea front position" in exchange.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2010

We were greeted by a red ute at the airport and hopped into the back. Interesting but fun. headed through some typical messy and dirty looking streets and pulled out the front. First impression, where on earth are we, this place is disgusting. As you walk through to the back of the hotel the mood changes. From dirty streets filled with rubbish and people, the hotel opens out on to the calm blue sea, a nice swimming pool and a strip along the water filled with all your resteraunts, massage huts and night clubs. The hotel itself was nic enough. Rooms were reasonably clean, breakfast was ok, pool was nice and staff were very friendly. Also good that it was 5 mins walk down from the real busy parts of the waterfront, made it nice and quiet at night.
I dont really think it matters where you stay provided it is along the waterfront, as Dahab was magic.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2010

I stayed at the Dyarna in Dahab for a few days to relax and simply unwind after having enough of all the hustle and bustle of Cairo. And it was great. Mohamed was very kind and straight -- treated me like a good friend. The rooms, the view, the pool and the staff were all wonderful. This was the best value that I had in Egypt, as well as the friendliest and most professional service I received as well. I gave it 4 stars because it is rather basic. But for value the Dyarna is 5 stars in my opinion.

A sidenote: the showers use salt water. A bit different, but fine for me.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 December 2009

We stayed for 5 nights , the room was quiet adequate for the price we paid, We were on the first floor and could see the pool. The sun rises were fantastic. The staff were friendly although they seem to be very short of towels! Great to be just slightly out of the action. of Dahab but close enough to walk. The hotel is quiet and the dive centre is well run. There is a great little restaurant just 100m to the right run by a German couple that make great meat ball rolls.
We hired bicycles which were fun to get around but not in very good condition.
We loved our stay in Dahab and would love to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2009

We stayed here for five nights , the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It has a great pool and is right on the beach, with restaurants very close by and only a short walk to the center of town. Loved Dahab, its a terrific place to chill and relax and spend a few days.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2009

March 11, 2009.
Reviewer: TripAdvisor member Atlanta, Georgia USA
Upon arrival from our long journey, the staff greeted us with a big smile and a cup of Hibiscus tea. Then, showed us to our room. Our room has a nice pool view. The second floor rooms are much better. Better view and much bigger. The room on the first level is nice and clean but, a little snug.
We walked to shops along the beach. Nice stroll to the city of Dahab and all the restaurant. Maybe about 15minutes. It has a nice size pool and clean. A swim up bar and a dive shop on the property. Internet is also available.
Enjoy the staff. Jordan was great! He caters to our whims. Our over all stay was fantastic. I will come back.

• Stayed: March 2009