“fantastic time”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Corby, United Kingdom
“fantastic time”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

we stayed for 9days and had a wonderful time. My daughter went diving and my granddaughter tried her hand at snorkelling everyone had a fantastic time. Thanks everyone. My granddaughter loved her pancake breakfast.
Thanks to Paul and Sophia McBeath for the diving excellent experience. Can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: rooms cleaned daily even had hearts and swans made out of towels with petals over the bed. we decid...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
lund
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We stayed for three weeks and went diving everyday with excellent divinginstructors!!! Everybody working at Red sea are lovely and the location couldn´t be better. Nice to have axess to a gym and the resturant Planet Cafe right by the hotel is a nice place.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Location is brilliant and thats one of the main reason for staying here. In addition the staff is friendly (though a bit slow sometimes) The breakfast is usually nothing to "crave" for, except if theres any "important" people staying in the hotel. I know they have nice dorms, coz I stayed there the last time. This time around I stayed in a room, and that was perfect! Will choose this place next time around again!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank reisebug
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I stayed in the dorm for a week while diving, travelling alone.

Even though I lost my key the very first night and brought down a shower curtain while drying clothes the staff were friendly and helpful from beginning to end.

Everything is spotless and cleaned regularly. One exception being the men's toilet upstairs which could do with a bit of a scrub - but that's being a bit nitpicky. It is a hostel after all.

I'm told there are cheaper diving centres, but the staff were friendly, helpful and great instructors. Considering you get free bed and breakfast if you dive there - and a discount if you book ahead - I'm skeptical that anywhere else is actually as good value all considered.

Breakfast was good enough, even if the fruit was allowed to go a bit stale. And if you ask for a prepared breakfast (say if you're rising early to go on a trip) they will even go to the trouble of peeling a boiled egg for you. You don't get that service in the UK!

Brilliant pool, perfect location right in the centre of things on the strip, Churchill's restaurant has great value food and drink, etc. etc.

Very hard to fault! Would almost certainly return there if I go back.

Room Tip: The dorms have 8 beds, which is about right.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2012

As simple as amazing everything is just perfect all what it needs is just a wider spot on the beach it would have been my all time favorit
Very clean rooms a nice pool and in the middle of everything had an amazing diving vacation

• Stayed September 2012
Windham, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Stayed in the dorms, great value. Watched a lot of football when i wasn't at Yalla Bar laying out with a beer. Staff is courteous and not too overbearing. very laid back atmosphere. Stayed here for a week, and was very easy to make friends as i was travelling solo. The rooftop terrace was excellent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Diest, Belgium
Reviewed 8 July 2012

End of June I went for a 1 week diving holiday to Dahab. As I'm only a beginner diver (advanced with only 9 logged dives) I looked the internet for a nice place to stay with diving shop attached. So I found RSR and I absolutely loved it. The hotel is cosey with friendly staff, the guy's (Osama, Abdo and Said) at reception did everything the could to help me with whatever I needed. The room maybe needs a bit of TLC but you have everything you need, AC, TV, SAFE, Frigde, big bathroom and everything was kept very clean and roomservice made the most fantastique things out of my pillows and towels. Breakfast was simple but very nice as well.
Diving with RSR is also recommendable! I absolutely loved every dive and because it was very calm in Dahab probably due to the electionproblems, it was only me and my guide Achmed. He showed me lot's of beautiful things and took me to the most wonderful diviesites of which I loved Ilands and Canyon the most because it gave me a bit of a Lara Croft feeling. Even getting there with a jeep is a bit of an adventure, felt like a femal TinTin on expedition in Egypt. The diving is done with very good and well kept material, you can use a locker and you have the posibility to rinse all your gear at the shop!!! very easy and handy. Paul, a Scotsman who runs the shop is a very nice and chearfull chap has a lovely wife and pretty daughter, is always there to help you or to give you advice and because he loves his music, there is always a good admosfhere around the shop. I did a nightdive as well right in front of the hotel at Lighthouse and I saw the most amasing things, even snorkeling at that site is amasing!
I took the taxi to and fro from the hotel and the 28euros I payed, was worth it. Other guests took a taxi at the airport and ended paying more, so don't bother. They were waiting for me, I got in the car immediatly without any hassle and were driven to RSR at once.
Eating in Dabah is not a problem either! I ate at SHARK and loved the food and people there!!! Very good restaurant! I also enjoyed wonderfull curries at Nivana (Indian) and Blue Heaven (thai ). The restaurants aren't expensive so that was excellent as well.
As a woman on my own I loved my week at Dahab. I'm looking forward to a next visit and will hopefully return to RSR hotel and divingshop soon!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on groundfloor around the pool, close to diveshop and beachpromanade
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo