“Another egyptian gem!”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Another egyptian gem!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Centrally located. Very clean modern rooms and quiet possibly the cleanest swimming pool I've been in ! Staff are lovely too and very helpful. Breakfast is basic but you can order a good omelet or pancake, and churchills, the on site bar does great food at good prices. I will definitely be back.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Emcrutch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hayama-machi, Japan
Reviewed 7 August 2014

My adult son and I visited Dahab together thinking that perhaps we'd stay a day or two, snorkel and lie around the beach for a day or two. After speaking with the staff at Red Sea Relax, we both decided to become certified in OW. The dive staff is fantastic. Very professional, but also fun and relaxing. I had already had a diving course, but it wasn't a good experience for me. This was not just a good experience; it was a great one. I'm overjoyed that the crew at Red Sea Relax encouraged me to give diving a second chance, b/c this time I loved it! Even if you don't dive, Red Sea Relax is the place to be in Dahab. It has a fantastic pool (exceedingly clean), a great bar on site, a beach-front location (with an adjoining restaurant) and a warm and welcoming staff. Best of all, it's affordable. If you have any doubts about visiting Egypt b/c of the Arab Spring Uprising, let me quell your fears. Whether with my son or alone, I felt completely safe. In fact, I'm already planning on returning as a solo female traveler in a few months, and I'll definitely be spending part of that time at Red Sea Relax diving by day and enjoying a few Sakara by night :)

Room Tip: Great free dorm rooms for anyone taking a dive course.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The Red Sea Relax is a great Resort in Dahab, Egypt a small tourist town on the Red Sea. An excellent location for diving, snorkeling, dining, and Relaxing. The facilities and the Hotel Staff were friendly and helpful. The Dive Staff was great. Courses and instruction were available but the best thing is the variety of dive sites available and the flexibility of the staff. They were happy to take me to any site I requested, always in small groups. No "Diver Soup", always a fun dive nearby just walk in from the shore.
Tourism in Egypt is suffering miserably from the travel restrictions placed by many countries due to past security concerns.Two weeks in Egypt and I never saw any cause for worry. Checkpoints and security stops are set up everywhere as the Police, Military, and resort owners do all they can to assure tourists they are welcome and in a safe environment.
I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Photos on the Red Sea Relax website show how the rooms are situated around the pool, dorms for backp...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I´ve stayed at the Red Sea Relax three times now, and each time I enjoy it more and more. Everyone of the staff are amazing, they look after us so well, from the owner, the dive instructors, the reception staff, kitchen staff, cleaners, the guy cleaning the pool, all of them.
If you are into diving, or wanna learn, you couldn't pick a better place than Dahab, because of the reefs and clear water, and you couldn't pick a better place than Red Sea Relax..
We will back in Novemeber, thank you so much guys..

Room Tip: Get a poolside room…….. Wake up, straight in
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I reviewed while there, but apparently it didn't post! Rewriting because this hotel and dive centre really is exceptional.

I went to Dahab for my open water course, my first time diving, and chose RSR for its friendly staff and great location. When you're not in the water, window shopping, or cruising more and more slowly between restaurants, RSR is a great place to hang out and socialize, and even has an attached pub (with the cheapest beers in town!). As a young, western woman traveling alone, I never felt unsafe in Dahab. In fact, I extended my stay and was there almost a month, doing not just my open water but also advanced and rescue certifications!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2014

It's really a nice place to stay, diving and relaxing urself. The diving courses are amazing, with good price, patient and nice instructors, good equipments, friendly buddies and cute dogs:P The service is really good, and I really miss there after leaving. I will definitely go back one day!

• Stayed June 2014
Luxor, Egypt
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I had an excellent time in Dahab. Please take your country's embassy warnings against travel to Egypt with a grain of salt, often these have political/economic motives. I NEVER felt unsafe in Dahab or anywhere else in Egypt at any time during my two week stay. Literally the most dangerous thing in Egypt is the sun, so if you stay hydrated there is nothing to worry about. Businesses are really suffering in Egypt and they really need tourists back so please GO TO EGYPT! And stay at Red Sea Relax hotel! I did my diving certification there and they were very patient with me because I'm terrified of the ocean.

• Stayed June 2014