“Love this place”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Came here twice on both my days in Dahab. It is really a beautiful place to enjoy marine life and immerse yourself in nature. Be warned it does start to get busy around 11am when all the tour groups roll up.

Also PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH OR STAND ON THE CORAL AS THIS KILLS IT!

Let's use some common sense so this place survives for people to enjoy

Visited July 2014

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Combine with El Bells”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I dove the Blue Hole three times, and would really recommend getting into it from El Bells, a five-minute walk away. It's a narrow chute you descend vertically, and you swim out through a gap in the rock almost directly into the fabulous Blue Hole. Swimming along beside the wall -- lovely fish and coral -- it's solid blue on the other five sides, and felt like being in space. I can see why people are drawn to go deeper. That's where the deaths the Blue Hole is infamous for happen, and they are invariably the result of diver idiocy, so don't let the stories deter you! Plus, if you're a scuba diver like me, the Blue Hole is a great place to gawp in amazement at free divers (how do they do that?!?!) ;)

Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Blue hole experience.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Arrived by quad bike and was taken to a cafe where our belongings were looked after. We were escorted to the 'easy' access point, a small gap between rocks which wouldn't be good if you are claustrophobic! Excellent start, and once through this space the reef shelf just fell away into the depths. The corals and variety of fish were amazing, crystal clear waters for snorkellers and divers alike. Once we had swam round and entered the hole, we could watch the free divers who could get down to depths of over 100m. This trip is a must. Felt very safe and the locals were all very friendly. Never mind the 'amber zone'.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Johnanddragon
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Lovely Sight”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The blue hole was a beautiful sight to look at, I wasn't able to go inside as I was in a hurry but I'll be going back next week to spend more time.

1 Thank Jessica S
blackpool
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Interesting snorkel and dive site”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I dived the blue hole earlier in the year but on this occasion as I was with my husband who does not dive so I only snorkeled. I was not very impressed with wildlife in snorkel depth inside the blue hole but enjoyed freediving to my limit in the depths and loved the blue depths below me.My hubby was a bit spooked with the depth.. The best snorkeling is on the outside of the blue hole along the right hand side. It was excellent, loads of different corals and fish. Well worth a look. Entering and getting out of the blue hole as a snorkeler is easy enough. We used the older broken down wooden jetty which was easy enough and more quiet than the 'easy entry' entry. We left our belongings in the bedouin cafe opposite the jetty and for the price of a bottle of water and a couple of coffees the owner looked after our gear. The landside of the blue hole is a bit shabby but has a nice vibe. Go in the the morning before the tours arrive with loads of snorkelers and divers or better still go on a Thursday when there are no tours from Sharm El Sheik visiting the blue hole for snorkeling. Well worth a visit.

Visited June 2014