Shams Hotel
US$64
US$64
US$44
  • Breakfast included
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$111
US$89
  • Breakfast included
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
US$115
US$158
US$63
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$27
Jaz Dahabeya(Dahab)
US$92
US$84
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsdiving centerrooms are cleansea viewplace to stayprofessional divingvisit dahabbreakfast is servedamazing placehotel ownerdiving tripexcellent staystayed for nightsrelaxing placehotel is locatedthe location is perfectgreat divingenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at Shams for 7 nights with some friends in February. We loved Dahab, and will definitely stay at Shams again when we come back. Our room was basic in comfort, it was always very clean, and they made the coolest designs out of our towels everyday. The shower water was clean and fresh (sometimes you get salt water showers at other places). We even had a decent sized refrigerator in our room!

The best though was breakfast every morning, by the sea, lounging on the pillows. The menu gives you many choices from a full egyptian breakfast, several egg choices, as well as choices for more continental foods like fruit and yogurt. With that and some bedouin tea, it's an amazing value and great start to the day.

Staff was very kind and attentive! On our last night my husband and I both fell ill, and when the one of the staff members found out, he made me peppermint tea to help us along.

Thanks for everything! We're already looking forward to our next trip!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Shamsiii, Owner at Shams Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

I am glad you liked your stay at Shams Hotel
You are always welcome to come any time
All the best & see you soon again

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights when we initially visited egypt in December 2012. The best thing about this hotel is its great location looking right onto the boardwalk and beach. it is in a great location where the restaurants are just at your doorstep and the souk is only a short walk. it is in vey quiet yet central part of Dahab.
The breakfasts are very good- as is the restaurant food.
The room was always very clean and the cleaner would always create these wonderful shapes out of our clean towels. Each day we anticipated what shape he would create.

The other great thing is the owner Shams, who is very very helpful and friendly. He arranged some great tours for us to Mount Sinai and the Coloured Canyon. They were much better value than other places. Shams also has a dive centre for those wanting to dive.

On the downside everything seemed old and in need of a refurbishment.(A lot of Egypt seems to be like this now especially over the last few years since political unrest in this beautiful country). Our bed had sheets that did not fit- I think we had a double bed but the sheets were probably king single sheets. There was no soap in our bathroom. The menus in the restaurant were falling to bits and the outdoor furniture needed to be revarnished or painted and pillows needed to be updated, Proper fitting sheets, soap in the bathrrom and new menus are things that can be easily changed without too much cost.
We stayed in Dahab again in January 2013 with a small group tour and realised that for only a few dollars more we could have got a much better room in a similar location. I think with a bit of thought to detail and money spent on it Shams Hotel could be very good.
Couple in their 50's from Australia

Room Tip: Great location, fantastic owner but needs some money spent on it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl255060

Dear Thanks for a great review

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Since I dive with Shams Dive Center it was obvious to stay at Shams Hotel also. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the rooms are spacious and clean with nice beds. Also my room had a nice balcony where I could sit in the evening watching the sun go down into the Red Sea. Also the restaurant is good and is located on the beach just next to the water. Not only did I eat my breakfast and other meals there but also spend time smoking a good shisha and drinking Bedouin tea and just chilling after diving. I can also highly recommend this place and the diving Center as well.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We had a perfect stay in Shams. Eeveryday breakfasts at 8 on pillows in a restaurant on the shore watching the sun comes up. Atmosphere of peace and relax.10 minutes by car to Lagoon and the same to Light House.

Room Tip: Wooden bungalows are nice.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank marbarella

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Spwnt 7 days there, I enjoyed a really friendly amd helpful staff, the roms are very clean and basic very suitable for a relaxing vacation.
Breakfast is really tasty and fulfilling, I would say veriatie were more than enough for. You just have to watch out from the cats there, they can jump on your food like all the places n dahab I guess
Yet the staff knows how to deal with them and most of the time they will go away if you hush them off:)

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Rose

Thanks for a great review
Shams Hotel team is greatfull for the positive experience you had here ,, we have already solved the problem :)