“great holiday”

Ranked #5 of 26 Speciality Lodging in Dahab
Melbourne, Australia
“great holiday”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

There was only me and one other traveller in the hotel when I was there on account of it being the shoulder season, the crew really took me under their wing and made me feel very safe even showing me around town. In the interests of full disclosure the lack of house keeping of the rooms may bother some. I was there just over a week, the first day or so the room was tidied but after that I don't think anyone came into the room again, I had to ask for fresh towels and water for the mini bar. It was something I was willing to overlook because of how much they looked out for me.
I didn't think much of Jasmine restaurant (except for the smoothies!) but a 5 minute walk down the street behind the hotel heading towards lighthouse reef brings you to a super delicious falafel place called yum yum.
It is a 10 minute walk into the main part of town along the sea front which is lovely but you get harassed a little bit at meal times as there are heaps of restaurants wanting your business, however they all took 'no thanks' well.
I recommend Diver house to anyone who likes having chats with locals, diving, being surrounded by the sounds and smells of the ocean, amazing sunsets and anyone who doesn't have a high expectation of service.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fine hotel, the staff is more like family than staff. Beautiful dive sites with experienced guidance.
The food is delicious with adjoining restaurant jasmine, the smoothy's heavenly.
I was there with my 16 year old daughter and she was downright spoiled.Thanks to Ahmed!:)

Room Tip: the hippocampus and the sharks are the most beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PeRo2013
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Diver's house accommodation was refurbished not long ago, now it's pristine. The rooms are small but provide ample provision for anyone on a dive holiday. Certainly a hundred times nicer than some of the alternatives I've used while visiting the Red Sea on a budget. As always the diving is amazing and the Diver's house staff are a friendly bunch who make things a lot of fun. I met lots of fellow divers and have to admit that the dive guides, all actually very experienced instructors, were outstanding, again I've experienced the other side of that coin in the Red Sea. A whole-hearted recommendation from me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ross Y
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The hotel was great, we really enjoyed staying there and doing our open water course with one of the hotels diving center instructor was very smooth and easy and totally safe. Definitely would go back

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Bahiahmed
Verl
Reviewed 23 April 2013

My stay at Dahab Divers Lodge was very pleasant: I felt at home and very welcome. The manager Mohammed and his assistent Vojka were very helpful and took care of me around the clock. The dive centre and its facilities are superb yet very personal and cosy. All equipment is new and I had the impression that all dive guides were well chosen by their friendly, very attentive and safe attitude. Diving was fun. Personal wishes were considered and made true.
As I also stayed at the Dahab Divers Lodge rooms I enjoyed short ways in the morning and after diving. Rooms were simply but well-furnished (including a fridge and really hot water) and had 24-hour surveillance which made me feel very safe. The layout of the dive centre was cosy and very homey with its private sitting area where divers and visitors meet, with its blossoming plants in the courtyard and all dive centre facilities within 10m range. The Lighthouse diving area is in walking distance to the centre, all other dive sites are easily accessible by car which is all organised by the centre. On top of the diving Mohammed and his staff will be happy to organise mountain dinners with bedouins (very recommendable) or excursions of all sorts.
I will certainly come back to enjo more of Dahab Divers Lodge's hospitality very soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Just did my advanced PADI with divers house. Felt completely safe with my instructor and the kit was all perfect. Great advice on local dive sites and everyone was really just generally helpful.
It's also right near the jasmine which does a great pizza.

I'll be coming back soon and will always dive with divers house

• Stayed April 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This place was recomended to me by a friend. I stayed here for 4 days and did my advanced PADI course. The location is excellent. Has a wonderfull view of the Sea right in front. Even at night the whole place lights up. The people running the place are nice. All the staff is wonderfull. And the dive instructors are awesome. I did most of my diving with Mohammed and a few with Sam. Had a great time. The room I stayed in was comfortable. It was a single room. I used it only for sleeping since all day was spent at the sea diving. It had a double bed with attached bathroom. They also arranged for my bus tickets to Cairo and dropped me at the bus station. The only con was they didnt serve food. Although there are places close by. But no troubles. I will go back here for diving again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo