“Another great diving holiday in Dahab”
Review of Divers House Hotel

Divers House Hotel
Ranked #5 of 29 Speciality Lodging in Dahab
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just returned from my second stay in Dahab and I feel the need to reassure folk that despite the ongoing troubles in Cairo, Dahab is fine! Divers House is great, as is Jasmine Pension next door where we usually eat. Lovely staff at both, great dive instructors, wonderful place either to learn scuba or just take in some Egyptian sun. Don't be put off by the political situation.

Room Tip: Hammerhead and Dolphin rooms have a balcony with sea view :O)
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have just returned from a lovely holiday in Dahab made all that much nicer by our stay at divers house. Clean rooms, great sea view and very warm and friendly staff. they made every effort to make sure we had everything we needed and were able to give us a very competitive rate on tours. I travelled with my partner and another friend, and for us the location was great.It is a short walk away from the vibrant hustle and bustle of the town centre. I highly recommend Divers house as a great place to stay and would definitely like to return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 December 2013

this place is really good specially with the sea view rooms, the owner is a decent guy that treats guests as friends , prices are all good .. there is a lot cheaper in dahab , but its fairly nice for what you are getting , just take care how much are you paying , cuz they charged an extra night twice .. the two times i stayed there

Room Tip: sea view sea view sea view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 November 2013

If you are looking for the nicest, most tourist friendly and beautiful place in the middle-east you found it: Dahab. If you want to make sure that when you return home your smile will last even longer, stay in Divers House. As soon as you step foot in this place they will serve you the typical Dahab hospitality and give you a smile that will stay on beyond your stay in Egypt.
The staff in this centrally located place, that originated as a Diving Centre but extended its service by adding a hotel to it, is the friendliest staff I have encountered in the many trips that I made. I must say Dahab in general has that warm and friendly atmosphere, but the unique thing that makes Divers House to what it is, is the people. For the price they are asking you'd never be expected to be treated as a prince; The rooms were very nice, the view was amazing and the way they decorate and make animals from the clean towels every day on the bed is absolutely superb. Housekeeping is really outstanding!
In particular, I would like to mention one staffmember specially by name, Adham. He did an extreme effort to assist in everything we wanted to do in or around Dahab and staff like him every hotel could only pray for.

In case you want to go for a dive or snorkel at the beautiful housereef or one of the zillion other beautiful very near sites, the diverse staff (German, English, Hungarian, Egyptian and I even heard some Dutch) will assist you in whatever site you'd wanna visit, at an amazingly better price then the 'competition'. Because in my opinion there are no better options for what you'd be looking for in a nice place like Dahab!

At Divers House you come as a guest but leave as a friend.
And you WILL be back, that I can promise you!

Room Tip: Ask for the seaview!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank effeniet
Reviewed 20 October 2013

There was only me and one other traveller in the hotel when I was there on account of it being the shoulder season, the crew really took me under their wing and made me feel very safe even showing me around town. In the interests of full disclosure the lack of house keeping of the rooms may bother some. I was there just over a week, the first day or so the room was tidied but after that I don't think anyone came into the room again, I had to ask for fresh towels and water for the mini bar. It was something I was willing to overlook because of how much they looked out for me.
I didn't think much of Jasmine restaurant (except for the smoothies!) but a 5 minute walk down the street behind the hotel heading towards lighthouse reef brings you to a super delicious falafel place called yum yum.
It is a 10 minute walk into the main part of town along the sea front which is lovely but you get harassed a little bit at meal times as there are heaps of restaurants wanting your business, however they all took 'no thanks' well.
I recommend Diver house to anyone who likes having chats with locals, diving, being surrounded by the sounds and smells of the ocean, amazing sunsets and anyone who doesn't have a high expectation of service.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Fine hotel, the staff is more like family than staff. Beautiful dive sites with experienced guidance.
The food is delicious with adjoining restaurant jasmine, the smoothy's heavenly.
I was there with my 16 year old daughter and she was downright spoiled.Thanks to Ahmed!:)

Room Tip: the hippocampus and the sharks are the most beautiful rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PeRo2013
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Diver's house accommodation was refurbished not long ago, now it's pristine. The rooms are small but provide ample provision for anyone on a dive holiday. Certainly a hundred times nicer than some of the alternatives I've used while visiting the Red Sea on a budget. As always the diving is amazing and the Diver's house staff are a friendly bunch who make things a lot of fun. I met lots of fellow divers and have to admit that the dive guides, all actually very experienced instructors, were outstanding, again I've experienced the other side of that coin in the Red Sea. A whole-hearted recommendation from me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends