“Jerusalem & Petra trip”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$36.00*
and up
1-Day Jeep Excursion from Dahab to Small Colored...
Ranked #59 of 84 Outdoor Activities in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most popular night time excursions for couples and families. Leave Dahab in time to see the sunset and head to the mountains to make a Bedouin style BBQ. Whether you'd like to experience the warm hospitality of the Bedouins as a family or have a romantic serene evening under the stars with your loved ones, this is a great alternative to the typical night life outings.
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

50% awful trip!

Being disabled, I made a simple request to have a seat on the driver's side of the coach so that I could stretch my right leg but although I was assured by Joseph that this would happen, it was not arranged so all the way to Jerusalem, I was in an awful lot of pain.

There was a man called Simona who put us on the coach to Jerusalem. He was very rude and all the time was shouting at us to hurry up which is impossible for me on crutches. He also shouted at us when we got to Elat before we went to Jordan. His attitude was disgusting!

Our guide for Jerusalem was terrible. Really, really bad. He didn't even say his name and he left our group so many times, did not explain things and did not tell us what we were doing. He was awful.

There was a small group of 8 of us who were English speakers whilst the rest of the group were Russian. So much time was wasted by them constantly shopping that we missed out on a lot of Jerusalem, only had 20 minutes for lunch and only had an hour at the Dead Sea. Whenever the coach group was told we had a 20 minute break, the Russians took an hour and a half which completely wasted our time.

When we got to Jordan, everything was so different. The driver was brilliant, the welcome host, Hussein Al Abbadi for Al - Jawad Tours was fantastic and explained very well all the times we would be doing things the next day.

The next morning, we met our guide, Ihab and he was brilliant. He explained everything to us on our way to Petra and also when we were in Petra. We were very, very happy with him. He made our day in Petra fantastic.

We are very happy with our day in Petra but very disappointed about the coach to, and our day in Jerusalem. It was awful!

Having previously booked a Bedouin dinner with King Safari which was a disaster as the jeep driver crashed due to stupidity injuring both myself and my partner, we were very wary about our Jerusalem and Petra trip but Joseph reassured us it would be good. He was so wrong. We have complained to him about the Jerusalem and Petra trip but as yet, a week later, he has not had the decency to reply to us.

Do not book trips with King Safari. Book through your hotel or choose another tour company.

Sarah and Steven

3  Thank Beantin

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I arranged a last minute trip to Egypt and was impressed by prompt helpful service via email from Joseph and team. Joseph provided contact numbers for anytime during the trip and also a few minor issues I had were respectfully listened to once I reached Dahab.

The package included transfers, flights , tours and accommodation. The transfer drivers were very professional and tours guides were good.
Given the current situation though, to be honest ,it might be just as well to arrange your own tours and accommodation in each place and just use their flight booking/transfer services , as well as some of the activities and tours based out of Dahab

It is easy to find tours to join for the cultural sites in Cairo, Aswan and Luxor and also great value accommodation but its best to seek advice of people currently/recently in the area (not reviews on line) as the things are changing daily and many places are looking worse for wear. Recommended for example, in Cairo use Guardian guest house, Luxor - the wonderful, clean, friendly Bob Marley Peace/Boomerang guest house , in Aswan - Keylani hotel , In Dahab -just book one night if you arrive late and then just wandering around you will find some nice places.

All in all -its a great time to visit especially to avoid crowds - I will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

i had a trip with those guys 10 years ago and it was perfect. when i tried them again these days found everything has totally changed.
i booked a super safari trip with my wife and paid all the fees and talked to one of the owners (bob) and the date and time were confirmed and everything was fine.
the night before leaving at 11 pm i was about to go to sleep to wake up early for the trip and i was passing by their office so i thought i should ask them if the car will pick us up at the camp or at the office because the office will be closed at the time of the trip at 7 am in the morning. i asked the guy there and he called the same owner (bob) and then told me that the trip is cancelled !!!!!!! without telling anything and for no reason and with no word of apology and they made me loose the chance to book the trip in any other office . so if i didn't ask before only 8 hours of the trip time i would have been waiting with my wife 7 am in the morning waiting for no one to come.
after all that the guy tried to convince me to shift my trip to any other thing and when i refused he told me to go tomorrow to the main office .
when i went there the next day we met a Russian lady working there and she was treating us as if it is we who cancelled the trip, and again without any intention of apology she tried to make us do any other trip by our money until i told her that im leaving dahab the next day and a tour leader there called abbady interfered to get me my money back ( by the way this guy is very professional and friendly and he is the one made us book the trip in the first place).

Bottom line the guys at king safari has so much big work than to care about small number of travelers. so if you are travelling single or couple or not a large group, try one of the other safari offices may be they still need to gain the satisfaction of customers in small numbers.

3  Thank Egyptiano333
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This trip was really awesome, the Sinai landscape is incredible, I was amazed by White canyon - it is huge! At the time we visited Sinai, there was a problematic situation because of political riots in summer 2013, the big coloured canyon was not allowed to enter. We visited the smaller one, not so exciting as the big seems from pictures, but still - the colors are incredible. Mushroom rock - cool natural creation :-)
King Safari pick-up was on time, the guide Nazir was friendly, he answered everything I asked about. Our driver, a Bedouin, was a very nice man, when in oasis El Hudra, he was very friendly and nice.
E-mail communication with King Safari's owner, Joseph, was quick and clear. He only advertised different prices on the website and asked for higher via email. But we negotiated and paid what was on the website. For our in-person meeting he was very late, but he explained that (a serious reason).

2  Thank Dornicka