“A fantastic walk in an extraordinary landscape”
Review of Hike Dahab - CLOSED

Hike Dahab
Sydney, Australia
“A fantastic walk in an extraordinary landscape”
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Mady and her delightful Golden Retriever Aqua lead us on a lovely day walk (approximately 18km's) through a virtually untouched and amazingly beautiful landscape (mountains, sand, clear blue / green water and untouched coral reefs). She (and her dog) were wonderful company and both made us feel totally at ease the instant we met. Mady is also an environmentally conscious tour leader which we appreciated. We had 2 fabulous Bedouin meals along our hike (breakfast and lunch) which was delicious and healthy. It was a spectacular day and one my partner and I remember with delight. Definitely one of the top highlights of our 3 week trip through Egypt and Jordan! We note that there are not many reviews for her on TripAdvisor but we heard about her through various groups of travellers while we were in Dahab who highly recommended her trips. A MUST DO in Dahab. You will not be disappointed.

S.E. UK
“Dahab Trek”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

My partner and I were on a health-orientated visit to Dahab, as I was having major dental-work there at a cost and in a location that was very supportive of my needs. Tho most of our stay was taken up by this subject, we did very much enjoy the chill-out vibe at either ends of the beach in the Bedouin part of Dahab and had the good fortune to spend two days on a small 2-day trek walking, snorkelling and sleeping in the peace and beauty of the desert that meets the water's edge. We were well taken care of by our very experienced guide Mady MacDonald who had obviously spent much time travelling the world and guiding folks through elemental landscapes at a pace that supported them. We paid €70 each which was a really good deal considering the quality and generosity of the food alone! I wrote a piece to her email –
Absolutely marvelous and very easy, peace, beauty, friendly
local people, really good, generous food and a stunning set
of locations all managed seemingly effortlessly by Mady, who
had the perfect blend of shiney, personable ease and
attentiveness to details. She has obviously had some
considerable experience with groups, large and small and we
felt our time was just perfect. Thankyou, and thankyou also
for your care in supporting the local culture too, It will
preserve the lifestyle for others to experience long into
the future.