“Good Hotel... Very poor transfers from 'A2B' airport transfer taxi!”

Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Firstly, if you are travelling to Sharm El Sheikh and require return transfers from airport to hotel,
be wary of booking 'A2B' transfers, their service is disgraceful. On arrival after pandemonium finding the company we sat on the mini bus for 45 minutes for no apparent reason before going
to the hotel!

They request you to call them 48 hours before departure to confirm pick up time from hotel -
airport which we did and agreed a 1PM pick up 'Haha'. At 1.20pm we called them to find out
where they where? on its way, 5 mins they said ! at 1.35 we called them yet again and told
the following; you either wait for the mini bus to arrive, get your own transfer or stay in the
Hotel and miss your flight, charming! Our party contained 6 adults and a 2 year old little fella.

At 2.15, an hour and 15 mins late, the mini bus finally turns up already with 4 adults on board!
there was 7 of us all with 2 cases each plus hand luggage,with the cases from the other
Passengers there was NO possibly way in the world that we would all get in the mini bus! The
Driver who could not speak English called his office, I spoke to them again and explained the
situation, an unbelievable rude and arrogant man once again told me to sit in the hotel and miss
Our flight!!!!

We ended up paying another company to get us all the airport.... It's up to you folks...but 'A2B'
airport transfers in Sharm El Sheikh is not for me ever again!!!!!

Mercure Bay View Dahab.

With the problems in Egypt of late the hotel/ complex was sadly empty with a maximum of 20
Guest there at any one time so it's difficult to comment on the service would the hotel have
Been running to normal capacity.With all areas, restaurant, pool and bar being totally unoccupied
we found the service to be excellent as basically we where they only group to be served!

The hotel it's self is very clean, the food was very good and if requested they would cook what
you asked for.The staff where all very polite and would go out of their way to make your stay
pleasurable.The rooms are very clean with tea/coffee facilities etc, the mini bar in the rooms
for some unknown reason not on the all inclusive? The complex it's self is really nice and kept
to high standards.All in all we had a great holiday at the Mercure Bay View Dahab, thanks!!

Just one thing to add, the hotel is built on a very steep slope and therefore may not be
suitable to all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank RaymondC
There are newer reviews for Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort

Reviewed 26 September 2013

A perfect place to relax for a few days in the lovely Egyptian sun. Lovely quiet hotel, pool and reef and fantastic views of the Red Sea, Saudi and the mountains. Staff were amazing - so helpful and attentive - they make this hotel what it is! Special mention firstly to restaurant manager, Mohamed, who is doing such a great job and never seems to stop, and also to Ali at the beach bar who made sure that I was never without a drink!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Gin_and_tonic_lover
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Secluded and quiet, but within a cheap taxi ride to Dahab town. Lovely hotel, gorgeous views of mountains and the sea. Sunrise over Saudi is a real treat. Private peaceful beach with good snorkelling and a beach bar for refreshments. Went with a friend of similar age, late twenties, and loved it. Food not brilliant but can't complain for all inclusive. Alcohol readily available although bar man a bit on the slow side! Room clean and well equipped. Dahab itself is ok, not many tourists around, decent selection of restaurants, gift shops and watering holes.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank birdybird
A-Naiem, General Manager at Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear our valuable guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Dahab Bay View. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

what a fantastic holiday we have just had. the mercury hotel is amazing and so are the views and scenery. from the pool guys to the recepionist were all nice people. made us feel welcome ask them for anything and you got it. would we go back my answer is a big YES thank you to you all for making are stay so good. BARBARA WILD ......

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank barbie66-12
A-Naiem, General Manager at Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I've been part of a South African group of 21 people who stayed at this Hotel for 3 days after a great liveaboard and stay in Sharm-El Sheik. The overall impression of this hotel is great with proper rooms and general service. We opted for a "all inclusive" package which means all local alcohol and beer was included. What a disaster! They have a bar in the lobby that takes ages (the last night 7 of us waited for close to an hour for our Mojitos ordered from the Bedioun tent until one of the group went to fetch it) to serve you drinks. On top of it all, the barman makes you feel as if he is doing you a favour to serve drinks. We stayed in a similar hotel in Sharm (Ibedel Lido) with a total different attitude and approach. Never waited for drinks- all cocktails with local rum were free and inclusive. The overall impression and lasting thought I have of this Hotel was that they got us there and "tricked" us with the free drinks option. They have a Bedioun tent set-up which is where everyone sits at night after dinner enjoying Hubbly. To get a drink from there is almost impossible and should you then order from the lobby bar they give you small glasses like kids and tell you that's the rules. If one goes to Sharm and see all similar type Bedioun tent set-ups anyone will realise you have to, contrary to the Egypt culture, serve drinks to the customers cause that is how THEY enjoy it. I won't go back to this hotel!

Room Tip: All rooms have brilliant views
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan P

Dear our valuable guest,
We would like to thank you for your recent visit to Mercure Dahab Bay View. It was truly a pleasure to serve you.
We are deeply sorry that you experience did not meet your expectation and we regret that you left the hotel with a negative impression .
Please rest assured that all your comments have been shared within our top management to take the corrective actions to avoide such staff responses and handling in the future.
We really look forward to seeing you again during your next visit where you will touch a progress in our services.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been lucky enough to stay at the mercure 4 times and really I can honestly say I love this hotel. The staff and management are always very friendly and accommodating, the rooms spacious and clean with gorgeous views of the sea, the pool is huge, the lunch and dinner buffets (especially the outdoor BBQ nights!) are always tasty, and the outdoor shisha area is my fav place to lounge about smoking under the stars. I've stayed at another hotel on one occasion (which wasnt my choice) and I was actually taken aback at the enormity of difference in quality for a fairly small difference in price. I really hope to return again for another visit soon, and I hope to see the tourists return to Dahab, it's just such a beautiful place to come!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rcorfe
A-Naiem, General Manager at Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Dear our valuable guest,
We are very happy that Mercure Dahab Bay View hotel and the team members were able to accommodate to your expectations, and it has always been a pleasure welcoming you as our regular guest.
Your beautiful words are a motivation gear to every team member of the hotel and will encourage us to always improve and develop the quality of service we offer to our precious trusting guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming you once again in the near future.
With all our best wishes to you

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Have been to Dahab before but this has to be the very best for: (1) value for money; (2) incredibly friendly and helpful staff; and (3) snorkeling - in fact the snorkeling is the best that I have found in my many holidays to many areas of Egypt! some of the reviewers moan about the amount of stairs but quite frankly if you want a buggy lift they are there to pick you up in a couple of minutes and, lets face it, if it weren't on a hill you wouldn't get the magnificent views - again the best i have experienced in Egypt. The chefs were exceptionally helpful and would get us fresh lemons and mint for our water bottles everyday and their fish soup was delicious. So many exceptional qualities to this hotel that I can't mention them all. My daughter works in Cairo and it was her birthday whilst i was there and i had many offers from the staff going on leave to take my presents to Cairo for her! I will definately be going back next year. The only negative thing i would say is that people with young very young children should go to the Bay area of Dahab where there is sand. Finally, I hope and pray that all goes well in the coming months in Egypt and that holiday makers start returning or there will be many hotels closing (they are working so hard to keep them going) I send my best wishes to all the staff and would like them to know I am thinking of them in this very turbulent time in Egypt.thoughts and best wishes الحب و السلام على جميع المصريين

Room Tip: What can I say, all the rooms have stunning views and face the sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Antonina115
A-Naiem, General Manager at Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear our valuable guest,
We are delighted to read that the accommodations , service and quality of food were up to your expectations, as complete satisfaction is our goal.
Together with my team, we would much appreciate to welcoming you as a regular guest and we are looking forward for your next visit.
We wish you all the best .
Sincerely ,