“Baaaaaaaad”

Ecotel Dahab Bay View Resort
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
“Baaaaaaaad”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My advice for every one not to visit this hotel ever

Simply this hotel is the worest one i have ever visit in my life
Service is bad
Staff is very aggressive
Some item was stolen
Restaurant is very far from room
When.we arrived it takes more than 3 hours to have our luggage in rooms
Nothing is good there
They have nothing to provide for there clients
Nights is very boring there
It will be my first and last time in this bad hotel!!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
6 Thank ahmad h

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I will not stay here again even if I am held at gunpoint. The place is veryyyyy dirty and the service sucks. They say it's because the management has changed, but based on thw previous reviews here, it changed to a worse one.
When I checked it the toilet was dirty and smells awful, the shower was dirty and had dead insects stuck to the floor. The basket and mini bar were not emptied and the cups had coffee marks.
Not to mention dead cockroaches and alive geckos.
The staff is friendly, yet useless. They didn't offer irons in the rooms, but they offered to take my blouse and iron it for free. This good gesture turned into an awful experience when I had ro wait for about 6 hours until someone came to pick it up (although I called three times and insisted I need it in about an hour or less).
The second day the key didn't work, so I called the reception to send someone to open the door for me. I kept waiting in the scorching sun for 20 minutes until I found one of the housekeeping staff by chance to opwn the door for me, otherwise, no one would hav3 opened ot for me till now.
I am currently staying there, but I will check out tomorrow to find anywhere else to spend the rest of the vacation.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Shaymaa_m
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I'm egyptian,I book in this hotel twice a year with my family and since we discovered Dahab and the bay view resort &spa we became addictives to Dahab and this Hotel, really adorable and the staff are so friendly.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ISRAA E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

stayed here alittle while ago
and it was great/trouble in cairo so few at hotel but all the same the staff where great
could not fault this place i thought it amazing
the lunch@ the pool bar great all in all would defo stay again

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 129mark
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I and my wife stayed for 7 nights , It was a great vacation
the rooms were clean , comfortable with a great sea view
food was varied and some was very good in quality
the hotel was quiet at this time of the year , you can relax and take a break of your daily life pressure
the location is perfect with the mountains behind you and the sea in the front
the most special for this hotel is the stairs, it is every where in the 6 levels of the hotel grounds but you can also moving by the club cars
the beach is rocky , but clean
The service was very good in the restaurants and the house keeping
there is a shuttle bus directly to Dahab town four times a day , it is a nice town
i like to thank every one of the staff specially Mohamed in the reception and Fayed of house keeping, and Walid , the pool bar man and Mohamed from the pool area and Walid in the Blue restaurant
I like to thank Mr.Karim the hotel manager for his efforts
Finally i have to say it is safe to travel to Dahab there is no fear at all , i traveled by my car from Cairo along 6 hours and it is very safe road ... enjoy your stay in Dahab

Room Tip: The second and third levels near of the sea and main pool
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isaac E
Reviewed 28 October 2013

The stay was simply very good, only few comments on the food variaty, a bit less options but no comments on the quality.

The rooms were very clean and neat, service was very good as well as the prices.

Room Tip: The hotel consists of multi levels from the beach up till the reception, the nearer to the beach is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank omartawfik
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to this hotel and will hopefully be retuning for a third as it's just a brilliant place to be!!

The hotel was practically empty with literally no more than 20 people staying there (and we made up 7 of those!). The staff members, be it at reception, around the pool (Ali), at the bars (Reda) or serving in the restaurant are some of the nicest people I've met and couldn't do enough for us. They are fun, polite and accommodating. They definitely make this hotel what it is and did a great job at making a quiet hotel seem a bit more alive.

The grounds are beautiful and kept immaculate. The rooms are big and more than adequate for what any normal person would need. The beach is lovely and would normally have a bar open but this was closed during our visit (18th Sep - 3rd Oct) due to the lack of guests (the pool bar was open and always fully stocked!).

The sea is entered via a jetty and is absolutely beautiful. Snorkelling off the steps was amazing and like being in Nemo's fish tank! There is always a life guard on hand (during stated hours) who seems to know a lot and happily advised us on the best time to enter the sea. We found the sea was calmest around 3pm.

The food was more limited than when we visited last year but again, due to the lack of guests, this was understandable. You can get pizza, burgers, hot dogs or chicken sandwiches from around the pool (all lovely) and the evening meal was always nice. Towards the end of our stay, we requested the chef cook something a bit different for us which he did without question.

Dahab town is a cool little place if you want to escape the hotel for a night. It's not busy or geared up for clubbers but is a relaxing place to sit and have a few beers. I took my 2yr old son and happily went into the town with him and my mum on a couple of occasions and felt 100% safe. If the shop owners called us to go in their shops, we just said no and they left us alone.

All in all, if you're looking for a relaxing and quiet holiday, this is a great choice. There is no evening entertainment or pool games but this is exactly what we love about the place.

We were probably a bit spoilt but have no doubt the service would have been the same if the hotel had been busier.

Last thing to mention is how great the staff were with my son. They were constantly checking he had juice, made sure his toys were ready around the kids pool every morning and just generally made a big fuss of him everywhere we went which was lovely. It's a great place for toddlers who love to run, explore and swim.

Room Tip: Level 4 is nearest to reception, the restaurant and evening bar.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family