“Rustic but wonderful”
Review of Sindbad Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dahab
Sindbad Camp
Ranked #7 of 27 Speciality Lodging in Dahab
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had a group of 13 staying at Sinbad Camp for 3 nights. We stayed in the simple rooms which have beds, a fan of some sort and mosquito nets. It was wonderful! The fans kept us cool enough to sleep, the mosquito nets kept us safe from mosquitoes and the staff was so friendly and helpful. The food was especially delicious. The bathrooms were clean and everything was in working order. This is a great place to stay in a fantastic location (right at the start of the Boardwalk, but around the corner so it is very quiet). It is right on the beach and very relaxing. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sindbad Camp

Reviewed 24 April 2013

When I entered the camp, I felt I have made a discovery. It was love at first sight! I had only stayed there for 7 days and I so wished it could have been longer. So what makes this camp so awesome & special?
- Elon (The-always-planned-multitalented-dutch Manager), Hasan(The MasterChef) & the rest of the staff
- Beach just 10 meters away from the camp and the perfect moonlight during the night
- The friendly pet dogs & cats, cheers up your mood whenever you saw them playing and living together so peacefully
- Most importantly, THE PEOPLE! I met some really great people with whom you can chat for as long you wish for, go to dinner with, play games, learn some skills and end up becoming friends :)
The camp is magical and you will surely visit it again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Angad_Solo_Traveler
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Two years ago we discovered Sindbad Camp in Dahab and it was love at first sight.
This year (2013) in March, we went back.
The peaceful and friendly atmosphere gives you a satisfying and relaxed feeling immediately.
Don't expect any luxury; it is basic accommodation.
The rooms are clean. We had a room with shared bathroom (clean hot water showers and toilets).
You can find a lot of peaceful places in Sindbad Camp; a hammock, a roof with sea view, a mini library, a restaurant where you can enjoy a fresh breakfast every day.
The owner Elon is a hospitable man, who willingly provides you with useful information, has good contacts for excursions and speaks a lot of languages.
Sindbad Camp is wonderfully located in a quiet area of Dahab and right on the beach.
If you're into snorkelling (like we are), the best location is at 5 minutes’ walk from Sindbad Camp.
All people we've met in Sindbad Camp seem to have the same relaxed view of life.
The price/quality ratio of value for money is superb: an overnight stay for two persons for less than 8euros (and that with the sound of the sea) is a hard one to beat!
Anyway, we had a great time and hope we can enjoy that Zen feeling again.
Sindbad, you can expect us soon!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katije
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Only stayed for 3 days but wish it could have been longer. Elon & his staff set a standard of friendliness, helpfulness & customer service that many expensive hotels could learn from. The moment you walk through the gate you know you are in a safe place.
The accomodation is basic but great value for money, the atmosphere informal and friendly. It is impossible not to make friends here.
Wonderful location right on the beach close to everything you might need. Sinbad is a great base to explore from and a great place to chill out.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank peejayalexander
Reviewed 13 March 2013

this year was my fourth stay at Sindbad camp and I love it. I feel it my home in Egypt.
The camp itself is rustic and basic but it has a really friendly atmosphere and I always feel safe and happy there.
The staff are all really friendly and helpful and help to make this peaceful place a real joy.
It is quiet and restful but well situated for all activities you may want to do.

The website describes it well and if you want a swimming pool. piped music and a luxury room then you would not like Sindbad and you would be better off getting a package holiday. If you like chilling out and listening to the sea then you will love Sindbad.

Room Tip: I love the Seaview rooms but you have to share facilities (no problem for me as very clean) you can...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sharon p
Reviewed 10 December 2012

I chose the Sindbad camp when I was surfing the Internet to find a place to stay. I made an absolutely right decision. The place is perfect (close to the beach, restaurants, shops and at the same time quiet). The staff is friendly, they are ready to help you at any time. The prices for rooms and dishes are reasonable. I stayed at Sindbad 4 times and felt like I was at home.
I really love it ))

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Serhii K
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed at Sindbad for 3 weeks in October. The staff is really friendly and helped me to organize everything I needed.

The rooms are really affordable. There are many places to chill out in the camp, perfect to read a book or do some exercise.
The location is really good, close to the main activities happening in Dahab.

Thanks again to Elon (the manager) for taking care of my lost luggage :-)

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends