“Wonderful hotel”

4S Hotel
Ranked #34 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Really is a wonderful hotel and very proud that he is in my Egypt
a good service with a relaxation atmosphere with a good value for money product, kids were enjoining the stay and they asked me to come back to the same hotel, the private beach that they are offering was having all the services needed to have wonderfull time on the beach, we were staying till the sun set every day

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Henidaa

Reviewed 21 March 2013

First of all, I like to remark for all people which think about to go to south Sinai (Sharm, Dahab Nuwaiba or Taba) they should put in there consideration, that this area have nothing to do with El Arish (north Sinai) or the Cities which appears in the News. The security situation in south Sinai do not cause any problems for Traveler.
There is no actions from the domestic people against Governmental Property's or public areas.
For me, the 4S Hotel is a place which I can re comment for those people which like a quite, familiar and service orientated Hotel. People which need the luxury of a Beach in front of the room or a vacation with Animation,Party and Disco should look not for this Hotel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The Pool with his Crystal clear water made me used him day and night (yes, not like other Hotels which have a limited pool operation time).
The rich breakfast on the Roof Terrace with the view to the Mountains and the Sea and a original German Bread and good Filter Coffee let me feel home.
The staff is very help full and flexible. If I ask for snacks or Dinner at any time, the wishes became true. Sometimes with country typical delay. But who cares, I am in vacation and for sure I will come back to enjoy this Hotel away from the busy Resorts where I have to fight at the Buffet against the Country's there people get food only in vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ramses27
Reviewed 30 January 2013

It Was Lovely Stay at The Hotel Staff Was Very Qualified & Friendly "I'LL B Back" Soon Isa Specially Thanks To Mr. Ahmed Abd EL Nabi My Vacation Was The Best Because Of You Many Greetings & C U Soon

Ahmed Afifi

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank titooops_at
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I have given this hotel 1 out of 5 - mainly because it really doesn't deserve it's 5star rating and the average surely has to be reduced- god knows why it's called the 4S - certainly not for 4 star accommodation. The most it could get really is 2 stars - to put it into perspective we moved from this hotel after our first night there to a much superior hotel - Christina Beach - which rated itself 2Stars - if we're going on that - it doesn't even deserve a 1!

I don't want to rant on and on about this - as it literally was the big sore spot in the whole holiday, but in short, the rooms were not clean, the fridge had a used bottle of fanta in it and a big yellow stain and wine stains also. The bathroom had dead flies swept into the corner as well as half-used toiletries, the room was not set up as a twin, the bedside lamp bulb was dead, and even the concierge couldn't get the lights to work in the bedroom for 5 minutes - and then left without showing us how to work them!

When shown the bar area, I tripped over due to poor lighting and was told to ignore the room with loads of rubbish in it. When we asked about the pool bar they mention - he said "pool bar?" and then after a few minutes said - oh yes and pointed to this inadequate shack by the pool.

Our taxi driver had absolutely no idea where it was and asked several locals who couldn't help - we literally chanced upon it and then couldn't even find the entrance for another 10 minutes.

As our week went on, all reactions were either "4S?????" never heard of it - or NO WAY.... as they knew exactly the kind of experience we'd had.

Now I'm not a fussy traveller - I've gone all around the world, staying in hostels, and if that's what I was looking for - 4S would be your place - either that or if you're on an extremely low budget, don't care about thorough cleaning, nice views (there are no nice views - not one by the way) and being near the sea, and feeling as if you are relaxing and on the holiday you've saved hard for - then MAYBE this hotel is for you.

Either way, I've stayed all over Egypt before, and never felt the compulsion to move hotels quite so quickly as this one! I think it's because hospitality and cleanliness is such a part of Egyptian culture that it was impossible to accept that this experience was what it should be.

There are plenty of better hotels all along the seafront - I'd advise you to go to one of them.

Room Tip: The one positive thing this hotel has to offer are the huge size of the rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank greenmelon2002
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I can only assume that the 4 & 5 star reviews here are from people who A) have never been to Egypt or Dahab before and were expecting a 3rd world experience or B) are friends of the owners/dive school.

I HAVE been to lots of Egypt including Dahab before and, at this hotel, we didn't even receive the hospitality you come to expect in the country (not even an hibiscus or Bedouin tea foisted upon you on arrival!)

On top of our transfer driver (and most of the at least 8 other taxi drivers and hotel gate keepers he stopped to ask) not having a clue where the hotel was; when we finally got to our room late and tired after driving around town for 45minutes:

It wasn't set up at a twin, we had to arrange the room ourselves, the lights didn't want to turn on and one of the bedside lights was broken, the toiletries in the bathroom were half used, the fridge had stuff in it from the people before us and hadn't been cleaned (see photos), there were dead insects swept into a corner and long grey hairs on the table in the living area from the people before, we can only assume.

When we woke, our balcony 'sea view' was as per photo attached (TECHNICALLY we could see the sea in the distance I will give them that!) breakfast was seriously disappointing, as was the 'pool bar' (their website says "Range of international drinks and snacks" - apparently that means soft drinks, beer & wine but we didn't try)

We got very little response from the receptionist/concierge man who didn't even want to come and see when we said the fridge was not clean (he said "yes it has been" - we dragged him in to see for himself!) & didn't get to see the manager when we voiced our concerns.

We found another hotel and were delightfully happy!

I can see how this hotel would be adequate (and nothing more) if you were on a pure diving holiday. It's probably a true '2.5' but my experience, like that of 'Dakkers' was definitely a 1.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank JQ73
Reviewed 19 November 2012

It's interesting... you read the other reviews and because there are so many of them you believe they must be true. Well... a lot can obviously happen in 2 months (or between 8th Sept - the most recent post - and when we went - the 4th Nov).
To start with our transfer driver couldn't find it and even when we used MY phone to call the hotel the driver still struggled. Not the hotels fault.
We arrived late, and though we were on 1/2 board there was no dinner for us and no offer to get anything. After we asked about they did order a burger and a sandwich but we wish we hadn't bothered. Pool bar? Not really and then not really anywhere to sit and enjoy it.
I won't go in to the rest of the details but we complained and checked out before the end of our holiday and went elsewhere. The manager did try and explain that the usual staff had left because of holiday season or something, but the place looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the last review.
The only time where this hotel might work is if you're a big group, diving a lot and eating out then it MAY be OK.
Would I go back. Dahab - yes, 4S - never.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple