“The only place to learn to freedive”

Blue Ocean Free Divers - Day Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Blueoceanfreedivers provide all of your needs for freediving courses from beginner to Instructor. We also hire equipment, including our very own custom built heated dynamic training pool. We can tailor personal training days to suit your needs. We are based at H2o dive centre. The courses are run with small groups (max 4) and can be on a one to one basis for only a 20% premium. Courses are AIDA certified, and include all the equipment required.
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I spent 2 weeks in Dahab and did my AIDA 2 and 3 star courses with Brian. Brian runs Blue Ocean and is currently its only instructor. He is a fantastic teacher who is sincerely passionate about the sport. Moreover, he undoubtedly has the best set up for teaching in Dahab, and a I dare say almost any other place you'd care to go to learn to freedive. His purpose built 30m lane pool is the only one of its kind and really is invaluable for training and safely testing your limits before heading out to the big blue. Thank you again Brian, you helped me achieve my goals and I learned a lot about myself in the process.

Reviewed 9 March 2011

My husband, my to daughters and my self decided to book up for a freediving AIDA course 1 & 2 a couple of weeks ago. We have snorkeled , but never freedived before. Brian is an excellent instructor and teacher. So good that we had to ask if he had been a professional teacher before – which he had. He is patient, positive and knowledgeable and makes you feel safe and relaxed in the water. His course materials are excellent and equipment in perfect condition. We will definitely recommend Brian to all age groups and levels of experience. You will not be disappointed after a fantastic experience with Brian!

Reviewed 29 December 2010

Although I've been freediving for quite a while I've always had difficulty equalising but thanks to Brian's training tips and keen observations during my stay I more than doubled my pbs!
Perhaps more importantly everything went like clockwork, from the taxi meeting me at the airport to the dives being organized and being shown around dahab.
If you're thinking about freediving in dahab whether experiencd or a beginner I'm sure Brian would bring out the best in you.
Moreover if his purpose built 30m dynamic pool is finished, which should be this summer then I may be there too ! Brilliant stuff

Reviewed 4 December 2010

I did the 3 day Aida ** course with Brian a couple of weeks ago. While I personally found the course quite tough, Brian's patience and encouragement really paid off. I completed the course with no major hassles. Brian gave me plenty of time to take things at my own pace. His course materials were excellent. The equipment that I used during the course was in perfect condition. I can thoroughly recommend Brian to anyone interested in freediving.

Reviewed 19 September 2010

A friend and I recently booked with Brian for the AIDA two and three star courses after another dive centre cancelled on us at the last minute. Not only is the set up (with Desert Divers) just fantastic so that they were able to book us in for the courses, airport transfers and accommodation, but the instruction was just brilliant. We had never tried freediving before but wanted to take it quite seriously, and so they were able to organise both courses for us, and Brian is a very patient and knowledgeable instructor with whom we felt totally safe and reassured in the water. A big part of freediving is relaxation and he really excelled in getting us to switch off from the stress of our lives back in London and achieve some fantastic personal bests. Very highly recommended.