“Wonderful centre”

Black Rock Dive Centre
Ranked #16 of 83 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: We pride ourselves on having a very personal and professional approach to our customers diving holiday needs, whether you are solely diving or wish to combine it with other activities. Our fully qualified and highly experienced instructors run the full range of PADI courses, daily guided dives and snorkel trips.All this plus our unique liveaboards, INON Underwater Photography courses and photography specialised dives, you're sure to have an experience of a lifetime with Black Rock.
“Wonderful centre”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Going for a dive for the first time ever with Renate was the most amazing and calming experience.. Followed the next day with a snorkelling trip to the Blue Hole. Awe-inspiring and so informative.. FANTASTIC !!

Visited August 2014

Dorset, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Excellent dive centre. Very accommodating”
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We have been diving with these guys for a few years now. My wife passed her open water with them and has carried on to become a master scuba diver.
Great instruction, brilliant dive guides and very helpful people. They always fit around our agenda. And make the extra time for an additional dive in the day should we want it. We could not recommend them enough. We will be back in October for some more Black Rock treatment.

Visited July 2014
Crowborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended professional friendly service”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I took my PADI qualification at Black Rock and absolutely loved it. The team were skilled professionals, the equipment of high quality & well maintained and the team fun to be with. Big thanks to Hayden & Nikki for making my introduction to diving so memorable

Visited December 2013
Maldon, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Professional and friendly”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have just come home from a diving trip with Black Rock and find myself daydreaming in the office about diving every few minutes…it was my first diving experience and the team at Black Rock made it such a fantastic one. Renate is super efficient and incredibly welcoming and our instructor Hamza was simply superb. I ended up completing my Advanced Open Water as well as the basic course because I enjoyed it so much. Jenny came out with our group one day and took some fantastic photos, she is very talented. I'm already planning my next trip to Dahab and will certainly use Black Rock again. First rate dive centre :-)

Visited July 2014
Manchester
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Black Rock, Dahab - True Diver's Paradise”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First of all let me start by saying that this isn't the first review I have written for Black Rock (see http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g297547-d1887235-r163494017-Black_Rock_Dive_Centre-Dahab_South_Sinai_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html#REVIEWS). I wrote the first review after my first time in Dahab and hence my first experience of Black Rock Dive Centre. Since that review I have returned to Dahab a further two times and they continue to impress me.

The customer service is second to none. This is truly a fine set up. I am very keen on dive photography and if this is something that interests you then you really don't need to look any further. Things are quiet in Dahab at the moment and so the chances of diving in a small group or even one to one with a guide are excellent.

As a photographer that means that you have ample opportunity to work on your shots and take plenty of time waiting for your subject to behave and produce that 'magazine' shot opportunity. Jenny is Black Rock's photography expert and she is perfectly happy if you want to spend your entire dive hovering around the same little coral pinnacle waiting for your moray, clown fish, anemone shrimp or whatever it is to pose nicely while you fiddle with strobes, camera settings etc.

Jenny has an excellent eye for photography and is a wonderful guide. Even if you aren't taking the Inon photography course (which I absolutely recommend) I am confident that your photography will improve if diving with her. I have dived loads of times from Sharm El Sheikh and I have come across many dive guides who are sympathetic to dive photographers, however the reality is that on your average dive boat, maybe half of the group will have cameras and of those with cameras most will have either a GoPro or will be a point and shoot snapper. Even if the guide slows the pace right down to allow for your photography the reality will be, that more often than not you will be at the back of the group, being left behind, feeling rushed and then racing to catch up with the group to avoid being lost. This is definitely not the case with Black Rock. Here you have the luxury to properly develop your skills, try shots with different strobe positions, different shutter speeds, different apertures, different angles, macro, wide angle. This is the kind of luxury that I have only ever had when I have taken a specialist photography expedition and paid through the nose for it. At Black Rock it is part of the day to day diving and it is great.

Renate manages the centre and she is an absolute marvel. She is warm and welcoming and frighteningly efficient. She is a 'make it happen' type person and will do her best to cater for whatever dive needs you might have. She will also assist in sorting out accommodation whether it is a local hotel you are looking for or the privacy and homeliness of a rented apartment. I have been to Dahab 3 times now and I have been consistently impressed. (I didn't write a review after my second visit as it was quite soon after my previous visit).

I haven't mentioned the political situation in Egypt but I feel that I must point out that I have visited Dahab 3 times in the last 12 months or so and I am pleased to report that all three visits have been completely without incident. Dahab is many, many miles, a desert, mountains, a plane and a one hour car journey away from Cairo where much of the trouble is focussed.

Black Rock is situated in Laguna, on a beautiful beach just outside the centre of Dahab where the biggest worry is whether there is going to be enough breeze to keep the windsurfers happy. I imagine that Dahab is like what Sharm El Sheikh must have been like before tourism really took hold and before neon lighting was invented. Dahab to me is an understated gem. It is a rough diamond. People come to Dahab for three reasons in the main - to scuba dive, freedive or to windsurf! That isn't to say that there aren't other things to do - quad biking, camel rides, desert BBQ's etc There is even an overnight dive trip you can do which involves a camel ride out along the coast past the Blue Hole, a bedouin BBQ and a night camping beneath the stars.

The dive sites are pristine, and there are some that will absolutely take your breath away. There is the chance to dive the infamous Blue Hole, go muck diving at Bannerfish Bay, experience the other worldly experience of Eel Garden and explore the most amazing coral gardens that you will ever see. Dahab has it all, a true diver's paradise.

Visited June 2014