“Perfect week diving in Dahab!”

Desert Divers Dahab
Ranked #12 of 81 Tours in Dahab
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive, climb, trek, freedive and stay with Desert Divers in Dahab, Egypt! The great thing about Dahab is that all of these activities are world-class, as well as on our doorstep. Many eco awards including an EU-grant for developing sustainable tourism in the Sinai. Any questions, just ask!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect week diving in Dahab!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have just returned from a week spent completing my Open Water and Advanced PADI diving courses with Claire at Desert Divers. I can't recommend them higly enough - I have learnt and experienced so much in just a week and feel like I have really got to grips with diving from the instruction I received.

If you do a course, you get a variety of different dives, like night diving and deeper dives and you learn different skils like underwater navigation.They always emphasized safety which is something you have to be careful about as not all of the dive centres are as safety-conscious as they should be. Most of all though I had fun and was always excited to get back in the water for each dive.

I also did a half day of climbing with Desert Divers and came away having climbed routes that I started off thinking I would never be able to get up. A real confidence boost!

I went as a female solo traveller and soon found that doing activities with Desert Divers was the perfect way to meet other like-minded people. It was all such an enjoyable experience and I'm already looking forward to getting back out there next winter.

Visited January 2014
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hello SynneH001,

I can’t believe it’s been a month since you were here! Thank you for all the nice words on TripAdvisor. It was great to introduce you to both diving and climbing. We’re looking forward to next year’s trip!

“Great climbing”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Spent two days climbing in Wadi Gnai with Desert Divers. A very enjoyable experience. Great rock, great service, special thanks to Khaled, the climbing guide.

Hi there,

Just a quick note to say that Khaled had great fun introducing you to the climbing here. Glad you loved it as much as we do!

Tanis, Said and the Desert Divers Team
New York, New York, United States
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Just finished our 3rd trip with Steve at Desert Divers. The whole operation is friendly and relaxed. We freedive and Steve is great at helping you train. They also have a cool trek to a to Ras Abu Galum where you can count stars all night and be the only divers in an amazing reef. Highly recommend.

Visited November 2013
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Just a quick note to say hi and thanks for such a great review. It's always nice to have you freediving with us - looking forward to the next visit! Maybe another Ras Abu Galoum trip next time!!
Helsinki, Finland
“My energy source”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I love Dahab and I always dive with Desert Divers there. It's homely, friendly and professional. Last time I did lots of awesome fun dives and they even enabled my really early morning dives. And those are the best! Without the Desert Divers I wouldn't tried the rock climbing, so there is a variety of activities if you feel up to it. Also remember to relax, although you can't avoid that, Dahab will get you to that mode immediately when you put your flip-flops on. Next time when I go there I will do the rescue diver course. I travel alone, but never feel lonely with Desert Divers. I can survive the long and cold Finnish winter with my fully loaded batteries from the Dahab sun.

Visited November 2013
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Hello Milja100 and thanks for the lovely review! We're very happy to charge batteries any time. Looking forward to your next visit!!
Cairo, Egypt
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect gateway”
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We went down to Dahab on a regular weekend, and Desert Divers arranged everything for us.
the rooms aren't bad, the people are nice and friendly. It's cheap and the rock climbing there is amazing! it's definitely recommended.

Visited September 2013
Hi there and thanks for the nice review. It's always great to get locals into rock climbing - thanks for joining us for the weekend, and looking forward to taking you again some time!