Open today: 08:30 - 18:00
Review Highlights
Best place for diving and climbing in Dahab

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Miriam D
Loving Dahab and the people!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
blueotwo1
Crowborough, United Kingdom

All reviews rock climbing camel trek climbing gear egyptian tea rocky mountains at sharm el sheikh airport bedouin food bedouin guides look forward to going back abu galum free diving bedouin style open water local bedouin world class can't wait to come back diving instructor
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Desert Divers was, without a doubt, the best spot in Dahab for all your diving and climbing needs. Not only do you get incredible value for money, but Tanis and Hamed were always around willing to help out with anything. We did ten scuba dives with dive master Khaled, who knew everything about the area and all the incredible reefs around Dahab. He was always willing to take us to new dive spots, depending on the best conditions. Desert Divers is also the only place in Dahab with an experienced and accredited rock climbing guide, Rich, who focusses on fun, safe and sustainable climbs in the area. Their location is right in between Marine Garden Camp, which has a great vegan cafe attached, and Sindbad camp, where you will find the most amazing Moses breakfast for 30le which leaves you full all day. We came not knowing what to expect, but left feeling like family. Could not recommend this place high enough :)

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking time to write a review. You made our job super easy, we loved every day with you! take care, and hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Desert Divers has something special. Spent a week diving with them and was very impressed with the personal touch. Had a great time with our dive guide Khaled who took us to some great dive sites. Nothing was too much trouble and everyone in the team was extremely helpful. Thanks also to Tanis who runs a very well organised and efficient dive centre. Highly recommend.

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi there, so nice to find you here and thank you for the nice review. It was a pleasure to have you with us for the week. Hopefully the first of many dive trips to Dahab! take care and keep in touch :)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I discovered Desert Divers in 2017, and it's become my goto place for all activities in Dahab.

I contacted the owner weeks ahead of my planned trips through their facebook page, and she was very accommodating, so no time was wasted when I arrived. I've done my AIDA 2* with Christian Bluml in 2017, and 3* with Buket Guner in 2018; both were very exprienced and great people, and I learned a great deal from them. I've gone rock climbing, and scuba diving with through DD as well.

They're a family, and when you spend time there, you immediately feel it. Their comfortable table quickly becomes a hang out spot.

Can't recommend them enough!

Hi there! Just a quick note to say that we love being your go to place! It's always nice to have you back in town and around the table!. see you in June :)

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

Desert divers was the best diving school i ever had. The instructors are like home underwater and i had so much fun while diving and also in the place itself. I felt very safe also. Like 100 % trust which was important for me. The groups were very little..like 2 people one instructor which made me feel very comfortable. Everyone who you meet there is a sweetheart and you get stuck there drinking tea and having nice conversations. Also the prices are the best i think. Ja i absolutely recommend this place!!!! I will come back soon as i can.

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

hi, hope you're well! all the team here is sending a big hello and telling you to come back soon! take care

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews but felt compelled to after the 2 days we spent with desert divers.
Hameed is awesome! Really helpful with everything, Mubarac and Halled were amazing scuba guides with great vibes and very professional skills, helped us a lot.
Can't recommend this place enough!
Definitely coming back

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Hi there! I have to say... we're also super lucky with the people we get arriving on our doorstep. Thank you for the very nice days, and looking forward to more!

Reviewed 18 August 2018

I went there based upon recommendation of my brother and i'm very happy i did. Desert Divers is a nice and relaxing place with very friendly staff. We had some great dives with Khaled, Tarek and Hamid. The 2 day camel trip to Ras abu galum was very special, hot with beautiful dives and Hamid was a very good dive master. My son did advanced and both we did deep specialty with Tarek who had a excellent briefing every dive and he makes the best pictures! Khaled joined us with the fundives and he made us feel very comfortable in the water. Thank you all (Said, Tanis, Khaled, Tarek, Hamid, Hamid(Achmed :) for the great time we had at Desert Divers in Dahab!!!

2  Thank nancykleeven
desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi there! Thank you for the nice days in Dahab. We all enjoyed our time with you. We even have a few more photos for you! I'll send by email. Keep in touch, and hi to the rest of your family :)

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed here based upon the recommendation of a friend and was very glad I did so. This place is incredibly well run. Before I landed in Egypt, the communication was excellent. I had a brief Skype call outlining what I hoped to get out of my trip and Tanis then built a comprehensive itinerary for me. I never had to worry about anything, every detail such as airport transfers etc were taken care of.

From the moment I arrived I was warmly welcomed by everyone at the camp. The atmosphere is so great, everyone always smiling and happy to chat.

I originally planned to do my advanced open water PADI course during my stay at Desert Divers. Tarek was an awesome instructor and very knowledgeable about the local area! Unfortunately however I had some sinus issues after my second dive which restricted my ability to dive any further. Tanis jumped in and organised a taxi to take me to and from a local clinic just to make sure everything was OK and nothing serious had happened. So compassionate, I really appreciated that. She also amended my itinerary to replace the subsequent dives with some rock climbing and a hike up Mount Sinai, both of which were an absolute blast!!

Thank you Tanis, Tarek, Khaled and the rest of the team for giving me some great memories! I can’t wait to come back and visit you again!!

Hi there! Hope you're well and enjoying the end of summer at home. Just a quick note to say we're so glad you had a great time. Hope to see you again soon - without a cold this time so you can dive more! take care :)

Reviewed 14 August 2018

I joined good friends who were already in Dahab and diving with Desert Divers.

I have done the module 'deep dive' from the PADI advanced with Dive Instructor Tarek in the Canyon. Tarek made me feel at easy before, during and after the dive with attention for details and a clear dive (de)briefing. I enjoyed this Deep Dive a lot!

I also joined my Friends on the 2 day Camel Safari to Ras Abu Galum were we have done 4 dives in 2 day's and slept in the Desert near the ocean. Hamid was a good dive master on these dives and it was a great, and hot ;-), experience overall.

I want to thank to the whole Desert Divers team (Said, Tanis, Tarek, both Hamid's and Khaled) for the great experience and their hospitality during the stay. I can recommend them if you want to dive, follow a PADI course, safarii or more....

Desert Divers is located close to the lighthouse area and can be reached by walking via the boulevard.

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hi there. Hope you're well! Thank you for taking time to write a review. We really enjoyed your time with us. Hi to all, and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Not knowing anything about Egypt, reading a lot of safety warnings on the internet, never traveled alone before, made me a bit concerned whether I should come or not. But I was convinced to come to Desert Divers and stay with them at Marine Garden Camp after very good communication via email beforehand.
I haven't regret that decision. I felt perfectly safe, people were friendly, there's a relaxed atmosphere and it was easy to make new friends. Tanis made me feel welcome, we had some nice conversations and she made sure everything was well organised.
I had a great time snorkeling, 2 night camel snorkeling safari to Ras Abu Galum and a midnight hike to Mt Sinaï and visit St Catherine monastry in the morning. Really worthwhile doing!
When the weather is less hot, I would love to come back for a multiple day Desert trip.

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Hi there! We're so glad you decided to come to Dahab, and would love to have you back again for a longer desert trip. Keep in touch, and hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

I chose to do my PADI open water course with Desert Divers because they were so easy to deal with. From my initial enquiry email all the way to completing my PADI course Tanis was so helpful and made the whole process so easy. My course was great, I happened to have one on one training with a great instructor (Tarek) which meant we could cover everything and more in the time I had in Dahab. Would definitely recommend and I look forward to going back!

desertman, Owner at Desert Divers Dahab, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi there! It was a pleasure to teach you to dive, and to introduce you to Dahab. Thanks for taking time to write a review. Keep in touch and hopefully see you again soon!