“The best of its kind”

Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 22 October 2013

It's located in middle of town surrounded with average priced restaurants and cafes. It's almost 10 minutes walking distance to reach the sea beach.
My accommodation was along with breakfast meal. Once I tried to get my lunch their but I didn't feel enthusiastic to make it again.
What makes it special that it's quite and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Overall, It'd really be in my options to reside next time I come to Dahab.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Sheikh Ali D, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Hatem R,

Thank you for your stay with us and for letting other Dahab visitors know about Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort.

We are very happy you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Many thanks for your eye catching review headline ‘The best of its kind’!

We are sorry to hear that your lunch meal didn't quite satisfy you. If you have any further comments on how we could improve, you are more than welcome to send us an email and let us know your thoughts.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed here last year and as everything worked perfectly, I naturally chose the same hotel for my return visit to Dahab this year.
You might question in advance the realities for them given the polititcal situation and yet, the rooms were absolutely identical in quality and cleanliness as if not a moment had passed. They decided to change the buffet breakfast to individual waiter service due to flies and waste and it works perfectly. After a few mornings, I had my cup of tea before I could even request one (thank you Salem) - that's service for you!
So, large rooms kept impecably clean (given that we are in a desert it is no mean feat) = perfect. Service = perfect.
Location = perfect.
Price = bargain.
Information regarding trips or anything else you might need is ready to hand. Just ask Rasha. And for those women out there, I was travelling without my husband albeit with friends and there was none of that letchy male attention one might fear. Very enjoyable streching out in my very large King Size all by myself!
What more can I say. Well done Rasha! Keep up the good work. I'll be back!

1  Thank kleb_13

Dear kleb_13,

Many thanks for choosing Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort for your Dahab holiday. Not only once but twice!

As you correctly have noticed, life carries on as normal in Dahab, despite the political situation elsewhere in the country. We pride ourselves in keeping and improving the standards and to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Reviews like yours are truly rewarding and inspiring, and we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with other travellers.

We hope to seeing you again here in Dahab, Rasha and the team will take care of your hassle free and comfortable holiday in Dahab any time!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was our 4th stay in Sheikh Ali. I cant give enough praise to the staff in both the hotel and the restaurant. Nothing is to much for them and a very special thanks to Salem , who after day one understood my desperate need for a strong coffee early in the morning brought it over without even asking me. The rooms are fantastic and big and the staff keeps everything very clean and tidy. This place is for me the best hotel in the world. We will return !

Room Tip: ground floor garden, 1st floor terrace.

Dear TheovanEeden,

Thank you for yet another visit – and another review to our Tripadvisor page. The support and enthusiasm from our returning guests is a true inspiration. A BIG thank you from us all!

Your coffee is ready for your next visit :-)

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at the Sheikh Ali for one week with friends and family for a week of diving and sun! I've visited Dahab many times over the last 8 years and the Shiekh is easily the best hotel I've stayed in in town!
Beautiful big rooms, comfortable firms beds, with dressing area, huge living room and a wonderful walk in shower. Air conditioning is good, and can be set to fan, which for me helps so as not to dry out the already dry desert air. My room had a southern aspect balcony overlooking a calm and peaceful pool area which allowed me to get all of the afternoon sun.The hotel is not on the beach but in retrospect this was a positive because the sea front is a very loud and bustling place so peace prevailed!! The location is still good just a two minute walk and your at the best restaurants and bars Dahab has to offer. I would suggest the path to town could use some extra lighting.
The staff make the hotel. From the owner who is welcoming and always available to the front of house and cleaners. Special mention must however be reserved for the restaurant staff. They seem to of been hand picked from what used to be the best places in town, as they're all familiar! Always friendly and the food; steaks, pizza (fresh from an authentic pizza oven!) salads and omelettes. Chef Ahmed was even willing to go off menu and cook me up some things I asked for, and always cooked beautiful food!!
The hotel also offered a massage service which was great, and anything you needed arranged; flight transfers, taxis, restaurant reservations, etc.
Really have no complaints, and am already looking forward to my next trip!!

Room Tip: A room on the north side of the hotel gets the afternoon sun!
2  Thank richard i

Dear Richard I,

Thank you for choosing Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort for your last Dahab holiday. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other Dahab travelers.

We have noted your point regarding more lighting in the path through the garden to the centre of town. Many thanks for pointing out all the positives during your stay, the restaurant staff, food, location, peace and quiet and all the additional services. The restaurant staff are pleased they could make you happy and send their regards to England.

We look very much forward to having you here again, we aim to offer you an even better experience next time!

Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I have recently got back from an enjoyable 9 nights at Sheikh Ali Resort. The hotel is small, clean and tidy, however like the rest of Dahab, it's full of scrounging cats! The rooms are spacious an great value. Big walk in showers and big king sized beds. The pillows, however were a little hard. I asked for them to be changed, which was done immediately by the house keepers, but there wasn't a massive improvement. The service in the restaurant is good and the waiting staff are really friendly. They have an Italian trained chef, who cooks very nice pizzas in their brick pizza oven by the pool, which we had a couple of times. All in all, one of the better hotels in Dahab. I would certainly return for the value for money.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke B

Dear Luke B,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking your time to write a review here on Tripadvisor.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, the service and the cleanliness, and found your stay to be good value for money.

I am also delighted to let you know that at the time of writing we have two vets at the hotel, doing an amazing job reducing the number of future cats in the area. Originally an initiative from the dive centre management and last time done about a year ago, we plan to do this at least once a year as this is really the only way to deal with the matter in a humane way.

We have also taken note of your comment about the pillow. In fact you are the first guest mentioning this but as we would like to make everybody happy we will certainly keep some softer pillows available too.

We look forward to seeing you again in Dahab and Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort in the near future!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is review from someone who has lived in Egypt for a few years and stayed in a few hotels that claim to be 5 star many have not been a patch on this place.

I have just come back from 3 lovely days at Sheik Ali Resort largely down to Rasha as nothing seemed to be much trouble. This is a real gem of a hotel! From Booking (Thank you Guro) right through to check out it was a pleasant professional experience. The rooms are spacious. The whole complex is spotless. The food- the breakfast could be better but lunch and evening meals were excellent Restaurant Manager Tito really made eating at the restaurant a very enjoyable experience (we would recommend the Meat balls). It has a town centre location but the double glazed windows mean you don't have to stay up all night due to the very loud music coming from the strip.

I would thoroughly recommend the Sheikh Ali and have every intention to stay again.

Pros:
Location
Animal friendly (Lot's of friendly cats, which might be a problem for some) It wasn't for me
Rooms
Staff

Cons:
Tours (Price was good but mini bus was not great! We only took 1 Tour)
Hotel Taxi is a little bit of a steep price for a return ride to the free beach.
It doesn't have access to it's own beach but there are plenty of options
Pool Very cold

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear VictoriaOldaker,

Thank you for your stay with us and for choosing Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort for your Dahab holiday. We are pleased a seasoned Egypt traveller like yourself found a stay with us to be a pleasant and professional experience from beginning till end!

We appreciate all your positive feedback and have taken note of your comments for further improvements. The beach location is obviously not something we can do much about and pool heating is on the future wish list. However, we are disappointed that the minibus for your trip wasn't great. We are in the process of changing supplier for our trips and excursions and have great hopes for a general improvement of our tours.

Furthermore, we are aware that others may offer cheaper airport transfers, but on this point we will most probably not make changes for two reasons: As a Bedouin owned hotel we do our best to ensure that the native Bedouin benefit from the running of the hotel, both as employees and as drivers and we want to pay them fairly. Secondly, we receive so much positive feedback on our Bedouin drivers’ safe driving habits, non smoking policies and general attitude that we wouldn't want to lose them! We trust our guests appreciate the service offered and agree with us that one generally get what one pay for.

We hope to seeing you again in Dahab in the near future. As long as we can add more STARS to our team, we can do without the hotel classification stars :-)

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Been here in october 2013 the hotel is super clean. Rooms are new and spotless. The staff are very friendly. 3 mins walk and you will be at the center of the city and by the beach. Food wasn't the best thing in the world but still alright. Nice and clean pool. Good price.I'd definilty come again.

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Moe-gammal,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your positive experience here on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future to an improved restaurant experience.

Rasha, Gabaly, Guro and the Sheikh Ali team