“Wow, I've found a little piece of paradise in Dahab”

Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
London
“Wow, I've found a little piece of paradise in Dahab”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent just under 2 weeks at the Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort and it was totally blissful.

Having done some extensive research before hand and knowing Dahab fairly well, I wanted a hotel located fairly central to the main town whilst still offering an element of tranquility and can honestly say that the Sheikh Ali delivered on all fronts.

A short walk led you to the start of the main strip with restaurants everywhere and loads of shops if you need all the usual tat.

The hotel was exceptionally clean throughout both communal areas and the room was kept spotless at all times.

Now the suites were perfect, lots of space, with a bedroom area, dressing area and lounge with a TV (it only had 3 channels but we never watched it).

The beds were super comfy as were the pillows and the AC looked brand new, (not noisy at all, meaning you could have it on all night!)

The bathrooms are modern and again very clean with a walk in shower (personally I would have preferred a non fixed shower head as trying to shower a 6yr old was a challenge at times).

Water from the taps was far less salty than the other hotels I have stayed at in Dahab - big plus point when brushing ones teeth.

Food in the restaurant was spectacular, breakfast was served from a menu (no buffets) with a good selection of the usual eggs toast and even an egyptian breakfast (highly recommended).

We had dinner in the hotel a fair few times and again it was amazing, the burgers were decent enough but the real winner was the italian food, seriously the best pasta I have ever had in egypt... the chef was a genius and often came out for feedback which was a nice touch.

Try the curries as we left them with a few recipes and if they follow them, then trust me you will not be disappointed!

This hotel is truly spectacular with its nice size pool and large suites, you really couldn't ask for more.

We loved our stay here, the staff were super polite and attentive the management always took time out to have a chat and we had our very own kittens who we miss incredibly...

We have found our little oasis in Dahab and will return every time we visit Dahab to Sheikh Ali.

Room Tip: Avoid the room next to the restaurant as it backs on to the kitchen area and they make a lot of nois...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Unicornbud
SheikhAliResort, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Hinesh.

Thank you for your very thorough review of Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort - we appreciate the time and effort our guests spend making a review.

We are very thankful for your generous words!
Your review sums up in a very detailed way what we are trying to do here;
creating a home away from home for all of our guests.

There is not much to say but thank you!
We hope to be seeing you soon!

Gabaly, Rasha and the Sheikh Ali team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
Kingsbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This being our second visit to Dahab, we had no difficulty choosing where we would stay, as we had such a wonderful time last year. Despite Government advice against travelling to Dahab, we did manage to get travel insurance through a company call Westfield which provided us with both diving and general travel insurance. On our arrival in Dahab we were greeted by many with a “welcome back” and did not feel unsafe at any point during our seventeen day visit.
Our group of six (family and close friends) enjoyed many meals at the hotel which were always well presented, tasty and came with great service. Once again, we benefitted from having large, immaculate rooms and Super King Size beds which were so comfortable. We used the beautiful pool day and night and had so much fun doing so. All the staff were so helpful and friendly; a special mention to Rasha and Tito, as they went out of their way to sit and chat with us, checking that everything was just perfect...and it most certainly was. Well done Sheikh Ali, your resort is first class; can’t wait to come back a third time.
Peter M

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
SheikhAliResort, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Peter M

Thank you for your review!

We are happy that you felt safe at your stay in Dahab.
And we are happy to hear that you will come back! ;-)

We love you pictures from the pool, it is so important to us that our guests feel at home and have fun while they are here.

Hopefully we will see you back here soon - for more good food, good service, nights in big beds, nice chats and pool-fun :-)

Say hi for your traveling companions!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the dusty streets of Dahab, stepping into the Sheikh Ali Hotel is like stepping into an oasis of calm. Despite government warnings about travelling to South Sinai, we returned to the Sheikh Ali this year for the second year running. And it felt like coming home. We were welcomed like old friends, and once again the cleanliness of the hotel and attention to detail of the staff could not be faulted. Moreover, leaving aside a notable lack of visitors, Dahab hasn't changed either. It is as friendly and relaxed as ever, and no one in our party of six ever felt in any way threatened or at risk at any time. Please come to Dahab, the people who live there desperately need your business in order to survive.
As for the Sheikh Ali team, they continue in their quest for excellence. They have certainly not become complacent in the light of the rave-reviews that they have received to date. Whatever your request, nothing seems to be too much trouble. This is a small hotel that punches well above its weight. We honestly wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms are good and well appointed. All rooms are suites.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Andrew H
SheikhAliResort, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Andrew H.

It was lovely to have you here again. You are old friends! - and you are welcome anytime!

I hope your review will contribute to tell the people who are considering to come Dahab, that it is safe and you can enjoy a nice and relaxed holiday here.

As for you words about Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort; thank you very much!!! We are honored to be your "home away from home".

We do our best not only to meet, but exceed our guests expectations - every time they come here. And it is nice to know that the effort is noticed and valued.

Please say hi for your travel companions - we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

generally, it is a very good hotel.
I was satisfied about the great team of workers. They are incredible.
The food, in my opinion,is fine not excellent.
And the rooms are very clean.
Wish them all the best because they deserve it

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank smo2a
Sheikh Ali D, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear smo2a.

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your time to give us your opinion of this stay.

We are very happy to hear, that you think we have a great - even incredible, team of workers.
We try hard to have the best staff on board and are happy that it is noticed by our guests.

Regarding the "fine" food in the restaurant, we are constantly working to improve and we want to go from "fine" to "excellent". Your comment is encouraging us to try even harder. And hopefully next time you are here, you will find the food excellent.

Thank you for your recommendations!
And we look forward to welcoming you back to Sinai’s first all suite hotel.

Gabaly, Rasha & the Sheikh Ali team
paris, france
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel makes it so easy that you find yourself coming back, again and again in my case! Exactly what you want on your holiday, easy and hassle free. The hotel can arrange everything for you, such as transfers (exactly 1hr from the aiport) or scuba diving or driving into the desert to get the whole Bedouin experience although the hotel is Bedouin owned so you can just stay and chill-out by the pool.

Rooms are exactly as they were when I first went a few years ago, when I returned last year and again this year. No mean feat in a desert to keep the place dust free! The bed is massive and very comfortable. Good shower. Town is just round the corner on foot, literally which is where we went for dinner in the evening although we did sometimes just stay in the hotel restaurant for ease and because service is good and the food and you're sitting by the pool. Very relaxing.

What I also appreciate is the fact that although I was joining friends, I was travelling on my own and staying on my own and I never had any feelings with regards to my safety. Never had any hints of anything. Great! And just loved it when I saw a Bedouin in his robes at the airport holding a sign and just knew that it was for me! Very good driver so a great start right from landing at the airport. I smile as I write!

What's not to like really?! Writing this review is wetting my appetite for another visit sometime soon..! Thank you Rasha for managing the hotel and bossing all those men about! Love it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank david59
Sheikh Ali D, Guest Relations Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear David59.

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking your time to review Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort. We really appreciate the time and effort you put into that.

We are happy that our work, trying to keep Sheikh Ali Dahab a place that you would want to return to, is notices - and appreciated.

We are very pleased that you had a great time with us and that our beds/matresses are of your liking. Thank you for your words about the cleanliness, our location, the restaurant and our service.

We are glad that you found yourself safe in Dahab traveling alone, this is very important to us.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for your recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sinai’s first all suite hotel.

Rasha, Gabaly & the Sheikh Ali team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stumbled upon Sheikh Ali after a weary search in Dahab for a good bed and firm mattress, something that isn't particularly easy to find. From the moment i made the telephone call I was welcomed with such warmth and invited to come and view their rooms, and test the bed. What a gem of a place to stumble upon. I have been visiting Dahab for 25 years, my first experience was staying at the one and only camp on this beautiful bay back in the day when we had to pull our own water from the well, and the beach was lined with nothing but palm trees, sand and camels. As the years have rolled on, my comfort levels have increased. I've stayed at many places in Dahab, usually on short visits, and yet none have really ticked the box completely for me in terms of privacy, quiet, sweet water showers, and a good firm mattress for a dodgy back condition. Voila! Sheikh Ali had it all! The location is fantastic, nearby the shops and laguna, and although it doesn't have a beach view, i really didn't find that an issue. A short walk through the resort leads you to the beach in 5 mins. In all my years travelling, to many world locations, I have NEVER slept on a bed as comfortable as theirs. Even my orthopaedic mattress at home didn't even come close to the comfort of these enormous beds! And they are enormous! I could roll over 3 times and not even reach the other side! Beds aside, the suites are exceptional! The egyptian linen is crisp and high quality, with a choice of pillows offering different levels of softness and support and a range of towels also. The bathrooms are built and designed from marble, and the walk in hot showers are full power with the sweetest water in Dahab. A varied range of soft towels are available and a hairdryer for the ladies too. The living area provided two comfortable armchairs, a table, fridge, wardrobe and television with very generous counter spaces and storage options. The aircon worked perfectly. The bedside table lamps offered beautiful soft ambient light - no harsh lighting here! All in all, the spaciousness of the suites was wonderful. The other touches, heavy curtains, to block out light, with softer curtains providing light and privacy. Full sliding doors opening onto the terrace, and the cleanliness was of an exceptionally high standard. You could eat off the floors if you were so inclined (though i wouldn't' recommend it), offering the most spotless accommodation I have come across not only in Dahab but in many global locations. there was not a fault to be found. With suites cleaned daily, room service, and customer service helpful and prompt, and very hospitable. The pool was cleaned daily, and the gardens tended beautifully. The restaurant offered a range of dishes, and service was always attentive. Rasha and the team including the owner gabaly made me feel the most welcome guest in the world, and nothing was too much to ask, making sure my stay was the best I could have. I returned again for another short visit, and shall return whenever I am in Dahab. For me it was wonderful to stay at a resort with history. Even though it's a relatively new build (2 years) the Sheikh Ali family extends back into the history of Dahab, and regardless of its luxury, this resort offers that family run feeling, and of course the infamous Bedouin hospitality. This beautiful culture turned my head around all those years ago and changed my view of the world entirely. If you ever get a chance to stay here, go for it. You will not be disappointed in the least. Thank you to Gably and Rasha and all at Sheikh Ali for making me feel so at home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Sheikh Ali D, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear EliTwinks

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time for writing the 100th ‘excellent’ review for Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort!

We are very happy that you had a great time with us and enjoyed with good bed and firm mattress, the cleanliness, location, the restaurant and your room.of course you were with your family here .we are so happy that you enjoyed with us and many thanks for your recommendations

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sinai’s first all suite hotel with your lovely mattress

Rasha, Gabaly & the Sheikh Ali team
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We had a great time in Dahab and hotel Sheikh Ali this March. At no time we felt unsafe. The hotel is relatively small, situated in the "city" of Dahab. To the promenade there are two minutes. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff are absolutely helpful and friendly. The restaurant is also highly recommended, especially if the pizza oven is on. For those guests who want to sleep not only at the beach but also learn more of the country and want to meet the people: the best alternative to the big beach resorts in dahab! We are planning our next stay in September and hope for payable flights than (that's the main problem currently!!)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Marian K

Thank you for your stay with us and for letting other Dahab visitors know about Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort.

We are very happy you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Many thanks for pointing out all the positives during your stay, the restaurant staff, food,pizza oven location, peace and quiet and all the additional services. The restaurant staff are pleased they could make you happy and We look very much forward to having you here again in September.hopefully the flights situations will be better . we send our regards to Berlin, Germany.
Rasha, Gabaly, & the Sheikh Ali team