“great atmosphere”

Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Egyptian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Green Valley offers you a large selection of typical egyptian food,barbecue and large range of fresh fish (make your one plate).It's situated on the nice promenade of Dahab, close to the famous Masbat bridge. We have very cosy tables seafront and also some typical bedouin seatings. My friendly staff and I would be pleased to welcome you any day of the week, to have a drink next to to the sea or to have a meal in a very good atmosphere...
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Spent 7 days in Dahab Dec 2013 / Jan 2014 and I kept coming back to this place. To me it was about the service, food and ambience. Was a choice of inside, or sea side, regular table or bedouin style seating. There was even a fire burning in the centre of tne bedouin style area. The food was excellent and I found the service from the guys ourside coaxing you in to the waitrs to be supurb. Food may take a while to come but worth the wait, besides if you're on holiday sit back and chill, spoke a sisha while you wait!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Food: is average wouldn't like surprise you or anything but clean and fast
===> breakfast is nice but add falafel it is the best in dahab
===> lunch nothing special there

Drinks: just juice from carton except for the lemon wish was fresh, what I like was the tea with herbs.

Waiters: are prompt, but you get the feeling you are getting robed.

Value: make sure to know what are you ordering and how much it should cost, they wouldn't give you any bill

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We went here several times and enjoyed the food for the most part. The atmosphere is nice as the restaurant is right on the water and you can see the fish. On our last visit we dined with another couple and the older man who waits outside the restaurant offered us a discount on the total bill. The seafood rice dish I ordered was filled with pieces of broken shells and I could not eat it after three bites. My husband complained and the waiter was all smiles and apologies and brought me a shrimp dish instead. When the bill came we were given no discount and also charged for the crunchy seafood rice dish that had been sent back. In addition to the overall bill some kind of service fee was added that had not been added on our previous visits. My husband complained about the bill and mentioned the discount that had been promised and the waiter turned from being polite and attentive to angry and belligerent. He stated that discounts were not given at Green Valley and hovered over the table demanding full payment. We all felt intimidated and paid the bill disgusted and angry with the entire experience. When we were on the way out my husband confronted the older man outside the restaurant about the promised discount and service charge and he just shrugged and laughed.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife and I chose to eat here after a few nights in Dahab. We remembered the gentleman outside Green Valley and how nice he was so we decided to swing by and check out the menu. Like others have stated, some of the men outside the restaurants along the promenade are a little pushy and overbearing. The man at Green Valley was kind, friendly, and patient. It was definitely a good choice to eat here!

We both had Egyptian meals: koshary (almost like an Egyptian spaghetti dish - amazingly delicious!) and moussaka. My suggestion is to definitely order off the Egyptian items, but there is a lot to choose from!

Like most restaurants along the strip, we were served a free starter of mixed mezzes (YUM!!!) and dessert (caramel sponge cake with chocolate - oh yes delicious!!) and our mains.

Excellent value and good food. I'd recommend this place any time. You can't beat decent food and amazing service RIGHT on the water. It's paradise! Why haven't more people reviewed this place!?!?!?! It deserves more recognition!

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Green Valley became our prime chill place at our 2 week stay in Dahab. Not an outstanding menu, but the authentic local disches really makes it worth a visit. Also the seafood for dinner was a treat! Great with the little beach next to the restaurant. You can easily have lunch while the kids have fun in the water.