“Very good beach”

Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Very good sandy beach. Clear sea water you can see some coloured fish even without mask .
There have some fun on beach
Like a the crazy banana .
Very good beach for wind surf.
Good rooms .good food .
Small swimming pool .good garden. But no air conditioning place to spend a night time with your friends and the weather is too hot even night time only one place is plural table and small and bad air conditioning.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hossam D
ibisDahab, General Manager at Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Hossam ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and your nice comments about our hotel , all the management is among our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such support from our loyal guests especially in this difficult period which we are passing, I was delighted to read your motivating words and to learn that you always had a memorable experience with us.
We do hope that we will be able to welcoming you again and again to IBIS STYLES Dahab Lagoon in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2014

It's a magical location. Facilities are exceptional, rooms are gorgeous, food is amazing, the workers are really hospitable & the views are to die for.

One minus however,
the employees who stalk around on the beach constantly approach you trying to sell something. It gets quite frustrating. My advice, give it to them straight and don't start a conversation, especially if you're a woman.

But all in all you are guaranteed a very satisfying holiday!:)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Svetlana M

Dear Sevetlana ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on tripadvisor , following your recent stay in ibis styles Dahab lagoon, I hope that you had a pleasant return journey.
Once more thank you very much for this constructive feed back and look forward to welcome you back at IBIS STYLES Dahab Lagoon

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Just came back after staying at IBIS, Dahab.
It is a lovely hotel with a fantastic beach. The rooms are basic, but very clean. The gardens and the beach are lovely.
Breakfast needs to be improved and also the beach bar could have more interesting items on their menu.
The staff were not the best. They were trying to do their job, but it is obvious that they are not well-trained. I recommend that management gives them some training on hospitality. They need improvement.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shahenaz
ibisDahab, General Manager at Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Shahenaz ,
Thank you very much for your feedback and your nice comments about our hotel and our Country , all the management is among our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such support from our loyal guests especially in this difficult period which we are passing, I was delighted to read your motivating words and to learn that you always had a memorable experience with us.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stayed at one of the small apartment houses.

It was a part of our Egypt/Sinai tour and we spent the last two days in this resort.

I loved the resort grounds and the beach and surroundings! Simply breathtaking and luxurious.

Our apartment was nice, but cramped. I liked the bed niche with steps leading to our beds.
Some outlets didn't work and our key to the apartment kept being stuck.

There are also a lot of mosquitoes, so make sure to use a repellant or you will get bitten all over.

The food was delicious and a great variety, but I've made a mistake of eating a salad and fruit from the salad bar and got a severe food poisoning.

I was really careful during my 14 day tour across Egypt and Sinai, but at the end, when we arrived at this beautiful resort with delicious food choices, I felt like my guard fell down, because I would never expect to get food poisoning at a place like this. And I was really craving fresh fruit and veggies.

As this was at the end of the tour, you can imagine my plane trip back home was a nightmare.
It lasted for over a week, even after I came home.

So please be careful and possibly avoid eating washed food.

Another thing to be careful about is the small shop near the reception. We were ripped off! The boy who was working there overcharged us heavily for the postcards and stamps and sold us a damaged t-shirt (claiming the faint line on it was just a bit of sand dust and that it will come off when washed. And even though I assumed it was a line made by exposure to the sun, he claimed otherwise and was really persuasive and wanted us to buy it. We really liked it (apparently they only had one in that color), so we took it. It was a mistake. Just be careful when buying things there.

We also went on a diving trip to the blue hole, organized by one of the hotel staff and it was alight, even though a bit pricey.

All in all it was a great stay, but not without (food poisoning) consequences.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eva A

Dear EVA,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We are sorry to read that you have had such a disappointing experience at IBIS STYLES Dahab Lagoon .

Please note that your comments have been passed to our team to assure this unfortunate experience will not occur again.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The IBIS STYLES Dahab Lagoon .

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had great time there. Not the perfect one, but generally it's ok if you came for surfing. Food was not that reach as 5*, but it was enough for that. Red vine was absent some times.
Hotel is clean, staff nice and quiet.
No animation, even for kids. We (adults) were ok with that, but I think my daughter was not against some more fun.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ibisDahab, General Manager at Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Denniskl,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I went in May. It's about the 6th time I've stayed at the Ibis. It's always great. And a fantastic location for windsurfing!! I had a superior room - and it was lovely. A sea view, huge terrace, quirky design, king sized bed - if not bigger. The rooms are really quiet and kept really clean. Ask for a mattress topper if hard beds aren't your thing - they are very happy to oblige. The food in the hotel is great - sometimes a bit strange as it caters for different nationalities, but unusually for me I loved the veggie options and there was always chicken and fish too. Tonnes of options for breakfast - pancakes and chocolate sauce might be one of the reasons I am now on a diet!! I went on my own - great hotel if you are single. They really look after you. I booked through Fi and Toby at Dahab Holidays. https://www.facebook.com/groups/dahabholidays/ . They are awesome people who make sure every detail of your holiday goes to plan. They organised the accommodation, and have a great relationship with the hotel, windsurf kit hire, private transfer to and from the airport and were just amazing. Toby's patience was legendary - as he drove a few of us into Masbat several times for massage, dinner and shopping!! And arranged a desert dinner - (drove us there and back!!). All in all - brilliant!!

Room Tip: I had a superior room. They are lovely - very quirky. But I've had garden rooms too - and like t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Treendy
ibisDahab, General Manager at Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Treendy,
We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in ibis styles Dahab lagoon. It gives us great pleasure to know that your stay was a memorable one. We are also pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting your good experiences with us especially our rooms, pools, beach, food,and the service provided by our colleagues.
We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just came back from a couple-day break from Dahab and discovered for us our new "home away from home". We got a sea-front room with an amazing location and fantastic view. The room has a fancy design and is very comfortable.
The territory of the hotel is very well groomed with lots of green grass (which was fantastic for our baby daughter).
We can not agree with the previous reviews regarding the food, Food is fine! Every evening there is a live buffet with grilled fish, poultry or beef. As for the vegetables - there is a wide range of fresh or steamed or stir-fried vegetables.
The hotel staff is very friendly. We would like to thank specially Mr. Khaled for his very warm welcoming! We will definitely be back

Room Tip: Sea-Front rooms are cozy and quite
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Aleksandra S
ibisDahab, General Manager at Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Aleksandra,

Thank you for choosing IBIS STYLES Dahab Lagoon and for taking the time to give us your feedback on

Trip advisor. Your holiday experience, really it’s my pleasure to meet you &your family in our hotel
We are so much delighted that we meet your expectations

And created a joyful stay for your Holiday with us, and you enjoyed the facilities throughout the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back again in you 2nd home in the future.

Best regards to you & your family