we loved it but no hotel is perfect and some may be put off by
1) the lack of a communal area with air con. It is 30 degrees in the evening in august which makes the karoake/disco area etc with just a few fans very uncomfortable and little frequented
2) the restaurant ares has multiple access points and the staff didn't seem phased by the sparrows that would fly in and out to nibble the bread rolls/pitta bread- always go for one at the bottom of the bowl
3) nearly everyone we met had at least one member of their group come down with stomach bug. Take immodium with you and avoid salads and getting dehydrated. We were advised to drink at least 3 litres of water per day each and if you are doing activities you will need more. There is no shop on site that sells bottled water so they make a fortune off clients by insiting you pay bar prices each time - 13 LE per 1.5 litre bottle- compared to 2LE in town. This didn't seem to bother many of the Neilsen guests (most of the British guests were from Neilsen) as still only a small % of total holiday cost.
If you want to do more than stay on site the whole time but looking for cheap trips I'd recommend
1) taxi into town - £2 single and get a meal on the seafront
2) visit blue hole to go snorkelling - buy your snorkel in advance (£8 in Masrat) as the hire ones are poor quality. £10 per person with the blue rock dive centre based at the Coralia.
3) take a glass bottomed boat out - the one at Coralia is only £8 pp and you can snokel off a reef as well
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, ACCOR, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and Prestigia so you can book your Ibis Styles Dahab Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coralia Club Dahab Hotel Dahab
- Coralia Hotel Dahab
- Dahab Coralia Hotel