“Great stay, we look forward to returning”

Nesima Resort and Dive Center
Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Cairo, Egypt
“Great stay, we look forward to returning”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This was our family's second stay at Nesima Resort this year. Diving husband and son had so enjoyed the simple, clean, and comfortable rooms, the lovely, well landscaped premises, and the delicious breakfast, not to mention the perfect location-- serene yet not isolated-- that they urged me to come along this trip. As a "trailing" spouse and mom, I had ample time to experience the hotel and Dahab itself. As I walked up and down the boardwalk, I quickly discovered that if there is an ideal place to stay in slightly rakish Dahab, the Nesima Resort is it!
My food standards are high, so I was happily appreciative of the delicious and varied offerings of the breakfast buffet, which included unusually good bread and excellent coffee.
We had our late (after dive) lunches by the pool: the Mexican hamburgers are just too good, so we never got around to trying other items on the lunch menu!
I wish I'd paid better attention to the little brochure advertising Nesima's well-being center: massages, herbal scrubs, sauna. After I met the very nice massage therapist just before leaving, I put it on my to-do list for next time.
And before I forget-- We loved the towel origami that greeted us each day after the room was tidied-- my son took pictures!
A little advice if you are new to traveling in Egypt: Now matter how excellent the management or how friendly the staff, don't be inhibited about being proactive about what you need to have it's important to you (luggage taken to your room if you can't get in right away, etc} Thinking ahead of the present moment, when it comes to service, just isn't a genetic marker on the middle-eastern consciousness.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
Zoeterwoude, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 November 2011

If you want to stay at a pleasant small resort, near the center of the village, with good service, close to the sea and with an excellent dive-center: this is the place to be. we had a lovely time here. The staff is very friendly, the service is good almost to good to be true. We went out for dining every evening but you can also have a good meal at the resort restaurant.

The dive-center at Nesima is on the premises and very well organized. Our dive-guide and instructor, Hamsa, was the best we ever had before.

So nothing to complain about? Off course. Done buy anything opposite the resort on the right site of the dive shop. It's a rip off! And don't let staff members help you to get a good price! There is no good price!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nico1962_01_04
sdfsdfsdf
Reviewed 20 October 2011

I cannot comment on the hotel or the dive shop as I was staying somewhere else, but me and my friend have eaten here thrice and everytime we were very happy with the quality of the food, especially the fillet steaks.

On the other hand I advise against the cocktails. Both the so called Mojito and the Tequila Sunrise have NOTHING to do with the way these cocktails usually are prepared. The availability of drinks in Dahab is limited but this place really is no alternative.

Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank sdfsdf s
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Lovely small hotel. Perfectly located on downtown Dahab for restaurants/shops etc. Very tranquil location on the beach, good service, great breakfast etc. I recommend it because it is central and not remote as many other complexes are!!
The guy who cleaned/made-up my room was incredible- I had a different "animal/bird/fish design" made out of the bath towels every day- a nice artistic touch ie customer TLC.

Room Tip: Mine wa fine although there was a minor problem on night 1 as there was no water, no issue, the room...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank peterrussellsmith
Ieper
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We had an amazing time at the Nesima Resort and dive center. Beautiful pool, good food, cosy rooms; the best location... The service was excellent and the dive center was super! All the people that work there (Tarek, Diana, Nubi...) are só friendly and helpful. We loved the atmosphere at the dive center and the service was impeccable. We also loved sleepy dog and cat two-tail! When I had troubles with my ears, they arranged transport to the doctor. They made sure we had a wonderful dive instructor (thank you, Rose!) and beautiful dive sites to go to. Also the extra dives we did (with Tamer) were unforgettable. If we go back to Dahab, we will definitely go back to Nesima! They also seem the most professional. The dive center is professional and clean! Thank you guys, for everything, we will be back some day! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YouBetje
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Me and the GF recently stayed at Nesima for the second time; we also dived with the on-site dive centre. Clean rooms, great service, fantastic location (close enough to the centre for a quick stroll but far enough to be quiet), great pool and a good restaurant with some great restaurants nearby (Lakhbatita, Blue House etc). We were greated on arrival with a cold drink, despite the late hour, had our bags taken to the room and the level of service didn't drop all week.

The dive centre staff were professional, safe, friendly and took us to some fantastic sites (Thanks Tamer!). All the equipment was in good condition, secure drying rooms, in-depth briefings were given before dives and the days were also nice and relaxed.

We were impressed last time and we were not disappointed this time; when I visit Dahab again I will be staying at Nesima.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Good central location that is very quiet. Very clean with excellent service. Staff all helpful - nothing was too much trouble. Room had air conditioning which was welcome. Room facilities were basic but very clean and everything worked. Swimming pool was well maintained with (free) towels available and plenty of sun loungers. Excellent dive centre on site with very professional and knowledgeable staff. I had 5 days of superb diving. I would recommend the place and be happy to return in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo