Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LGDunblane
Dunblane, United Kingdom

Great value, nice decor, perfect location....

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 22 Nov 2012
Excellent little hotel, in a fantastic location right on the "boardwalk", so easy to stroll along, enjoying the sights & the nightlife. We've been probably 4 or 5 times and keep going back - so they are getting something right! Great value for money, lovely decor, clean, nice pool, great location .....perfect!
Date of stay: September 2012
Room Tip: If you have three friends sharing, go for a "Superior" room....two singles & large...
Trip type: Travelled with friends
    £211
    £38
4.9 miles from Nesima Resort and Dive Center
Pool
Located in the center of Sinai, Retac Qunay Dahab Resort overlooks the Gulf of Aqaba. It offers 5 pools and a manmade lagoon. All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace and have flat-screen TVs with satellite channels. Decorated in warm earthy tones, each contemporary room at the Retac Qunay Dahab Resort is fitted with large windows, white linens on the plush beds and comfy sofas in the seating areas. Tea and coffee making facilities are available.
£73
    £16
0.3 miles from Nesima Resort and Dive Center
Restaurant
View more hotels in Dahab
All reviews nice pool shops restaurants rooms are clean dive promenade
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2012

When we decided to dive again in Dahab there was only one hotel we looked at. We had a great time 3 years ago when we stayed in the rooms by the pool. This time we booked standard rooms which, as previous guests have noted, are small / basic but clean. The airconditioner is quiet (not in all hotels I have sayed in) and they provide a mossie zapper to ensure a good nights sleep.
The breakfast is very standard but we have always been satisfied and found the service to be expectional.
I have to say the dive centre is exceptional as Diana and her gang have everything organised. Eddie was a fantastic Dive Master, he was professional and yet so easygoing - just what you want on holiday.
Overall - would I go again - YES.

1  Thank greencavers
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We had a lovely 10 day holiday at Nesima in October and in fact it was our 6th visit to this resort so it must be doing something right! I don’t normally write reviews, but seeing some negative ones surprised me. The most common issue seems to be the breakfast and food in general. Whilst the breakfast may not be as good as in a 5* hotel, it is perfectly adequate. We tried some freshly squeezed orange juice once, but gave up as the oranges were rather dry, so we just had the juice from the jug, which was OK but not proper juice, the only negative about breakfast. There were various cereals, milk, yoghurt, honey as well as various cold meats and cheeses which were kept under cover. There were some hot dishes in heated tureens, but by far the best option is to ask the chef to make you an omelette or scrambled eggs. These were made in front of you and you can see what goes into them so they are fresh. Cereals, omelette, toast and unlimited coffee combined to make a perfectly adequate breakfast. It may not be as varied as in a 5* hotel, but then the price of this hotel is not 5*. If people want more, the option is to pay more and go to the Hilton, but that is way out of the town.

We ate at the hotel restaurant most of the time as we found the food to be very tasty and good value. For example, the fish tagine was very tasty and literally half the price of the restaurant next door. The restaurants along the front are nice if you have not been to Dahab before, but a lot of them are pricey for what you get and the food is often not outstanding. One of the best restaurants in Dahab for fish is the Sea Bride. Five of us ate there and the total cost was 220LE, about £24 between the 5 of us and we could not eat it all as there was so much! After a while, the hassle of being pestered to eat at various places wore us down, so we ate at Nesima most of the time overlooking the Red Sea under the stars.

As far as the personnel are concerned, I can only assume that some staff had changed since we were there. We always found the staff to be extremely friendly and helpful and could never do too much for you. We were always greeted at breakfast with a smile and also in the restaurant. The service there may not be super fast, but what’s the rush? This is Dahab – people should relax and enjoy the atmosphere! We didn’t see Max, the manager this time as he was away, but we met him last year and he seemed very pleasant and kept asking us what could be done to improve the hotel, just what a manager should be asking.

Dahab may not be a classy resort – if you want that there is the Caribbean or the Maldives, but then expect to pay 2 or 3 times the price. Dahab has its own character which may or may not appeal; it all depends on what your expectations are. We stayed in one of the superior rooms by the pool which have their own outside seating area. These rooms are big with a good sized bathroom, safe and fridge, which we used to make our own ice cubes by using bottled water (of course!) and ice cube bags which we brought with us so we could have our G&Ts!! (warning – don’t buy the local Egyptian gin, Gordoons!!)

As far as the diving centre is concerned, it is brilliant! Superbly organised by Diana, they could not do enough to ensure you have a good time. The diving may not be super spectacular with only the occasional sighting of big stuff, but there is always plenty to see. The water temperature in early October was 27C, all the way down to 30+m whilst the air temperature was 35C during the day and “cooling” to 28-30C at night! It seemed a bit more humid this year and there were a few more mosquitoes than normal, but we were prepared with plenty of spray. The dive guides are superb - we had Nubi and he could not do enough for us. He must have 40-40 vision as he pointed things out which we eventually saw only after getting very close to them! The diving is shore based with parties travelling by jeep to various sites. Most of the shore entries are an easy walk in, but you need boots and suitable fins. The boat trip to Gabr el Bint is well worth it, a superb day out on a nice big boat. Tip – don’t over indulge on the lunch! It is super and you may be tempted to go for seconds!

So, overall, we had another super holiday and, yes, we will be back again next year!

Date of stay: October 2012
2  Thank Frank J
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Booked as a diving holiday, we were a little limited to options on hotels and knew it would be fairly basic. On arrival, The Nessima looked to be one of the better ones in Dahab.

As the plan was to dive, we didn't spend too much time at the hotel anyway but had mixed experiences when there.

The room was small but the cleaner was thorough and nice and deserved a tip at the end of the stay.
Note that we had no safe (so had to leave things in deposit boxes in reception or in the room), even with mosquito repellent in plug in form and spray we did experience quite a few so take your own as well!
The mini fridge in the room was incredibly noisy and old and had to be switched off at night to get some sleep.
Bathroom water pressure was also minimal.

Breakfast was appalling. Every morning we were greeted (!) by the most miserable waiter who demanded the room number at least 3 times, every day.
He would then proceed to stare at you with a look of disgust, making the whole thing deeply unpleasant.
We had paid for breakfast as part of the package and needed the food to set us up for a day diving - so our options were limited.
The food was poor, confused and more importantly, uncovered which meant flies were able to get to it easily.

The poor service continued on to other meals and drinks we had where the service was provided at the restaurant or pool bar. The saving grace for drinks was the rooftop bar which was a relaxed, friendly place.

The dive centre provided a friendly and helpful atmosphere, with helpful staff and guides.
The dive trips from the centre were good and in the main, well organised.
One word of caution is to ensure that you try to get a guided group with similar levels of ability.
As a fairly new diver (50+dives, 2+ years experience) and quite a physically small person, my buddy and I were put into a group with instructors with many years of experience and with a minimum of 500+ dives.
The guide (as lovely as he was) tended to work to their abilities, which meant there were times when I struggled to keep up especially in cases where there were strong currents working against us.

Divers: if you've never been to dahab and in November take full length wetsuits and boots. The beaches are pebble and stone and not sand.
Also take care when entering and exiting at shore as the stones get very slippy and some are boulders.

He also did tend to shoot off quickly underwater (going against the idea of diving being a relaxed and limited exertion required sport!).

My final comments are a note to management. For the winter season and given the clearly limited amount of tourists anyway, I would seriously consider standing down some staff.
During the whole stay I never once saw the beauty therapist have any clients so would sit around doing nothing. Doesn't really seem cost effective in what are already tough times for the tourism industry.

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Do you like live MAGGOTS for breakfast!??

Me and my girlfriend just got back home to London from Dahab. We had a great holiday, with the exception of the HORRIFIC experience that happened to us whilst having breakfast at the Nesima Resort.

We are both well traveled and have been coming to Egypt for years. We're both aware that stomach bugs are common for most tourists to Egypt, and that often food hygiene standards are not of the same standard as back home in the UK.

We'd both had suffered a couple of times on this holiday with the usual upset stomach, so one morning we decided to go to the Nesima for breakfast because it's new and on the outside looked like a quality establishment with a fair amount of invesment judging by the looks and layout of the building, so we expected the food hygiene standards to be equally high.

We paid around £4.50 for the buffet breakfast, which is pricey for Dahab. I remember thinking that the buffet didn't look as fresh as I had hoped, but I put this thought aside in good faith and sat down with my girlfriend to eat the breakfast which included fresh orange juice which you had to sqeeze yourself using an orange presser.

So, we started tucking into the food which was pretty awful and had flys buzzing around the mostly uncovered food. There were 3 staff standing, doing nothing but just staring at us while we ate which was particularly annoying and uncomfortable. There was plenty they could have kept busy with, like refilling and covering and protecting the food for example.

Whilst be stared at, I then started drinking the orange juice that I had just pressed. I drank half of the glass... then noticed a very large, white, wriggling fly MAGGOT in my orange juice!!! I freakout out realising that I had probably just drank a load of MAGGOTS, so I ran as fast as possible to the toilet when I was VIOLENTLY SICK for the next few minutes making sure that I got absolutely everything out of my stomach... a horrible and humiliating experience.

I then demanded to see the manager of the Nesima hotel because the Nesmia staff didn't know what to do or say. Eventually I was escorted into the managers office. The manager, a white, grey haired Europeran man in his 50's, I suspect German or Austrian judging by his accent, stared coldly and emotionlessly at me, as I clearly explained what had just happened. I explained that that most of the buffet food was uncovered and exposed to flys and heat, and that the oranges we rotten to the core. I said that this was outrageous coming from any hotel, leave alone a hotel of this caliber. After listening to all that I said and seeing how sick and ill I was, do you know what this so called 'manager' said?? ...he said, coldly: "So I guess you want your money back do you? That was it. No compassion, No sympathy, No empathy, No concern and No care WHATSOEVER.

I was and still am utterly as DISGUSTED with the food as I am the so called CUSTOMER SERVICE of the Nesima. Both are ROTTEN TO THE CORE.

DON'T LET THE PRETTY PHOTOS FOOL YOU. THERE IS A MASSIVE MANAGEMENT AND HEALTH AND SAFTEY FAILURE AT THE NESIMA. STAY WELL AWAY, THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER FAR BETTER OPTIONS IN DAHAB.

To the Nesima management - YOU ARE A DISGRACE.

Room tip: This place is unsafe.
4  Thank DstDarren
NESIMATEAM, Manager at Nesima Resort and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Dear Guest,

We wish to apologize for your unpleasant experience while having breakfast at Nesima.
We also would like to thank you for bringing up this very serious issue, which has never happened to us since we opened our restaurant in 1992.
Even though we have been using one of the best fruit suppliers in Dahab, maggots in oranges are sometimes undetectable, as the insect penetrates the oranges and lay eggs inside, unseen with a bare eye during certain period of its development.
As a result, we have immediately changed our fruit supplier and taken other internal measures to avoid similar mishaps.
We have and always did have food hygiene on the top of our priorities.
We urge you on your next visit to come and enjoy a tour of our kitchen and a complimentary meal. We are confident that you will enjoy your next visit to us and share it with everyone else.
We strive to continuously improve on our services and assure you that we take every guest comment very seriously.

Best regards,
Nesima Management

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I have just come back from a gorgeous sun soaked holiday in Dahab, enhanced by the wonderful accommodation and welcome we received at the Nesima Resort.

The resort is right on the beach front, and it was simply glorious to open the shutters each morning and see clear blue sunny skies and languid blue ocean in front of us.

For a relaxing holiday with friendly and attentive staff (experts at the finishing touches too - have a look at the photo of how they left our fresh towels each day. It always brought a smile to our faces).

The rooms although basic have all the requirements you need for a lovely getaway.

We would recommend anyone who wants a relaxing holiday, particularly if you enjoy lounging by the pool, reading books and having the odd cold beer brought to you, to come for a break to Nesima.

You'll come back home with the memories of warm sunlight still in your heart (and on your skin).

1  Thank DeliaDiamond
NESIMATEAM, Public Relations Manager at Nesima Resort and Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Pepe07,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback on Tripadvisor. It is nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate your recommendation. We hope to welcome you back to our resort any time soon.

Warm regards,