Happy Life Village
US$100
US$63
US$40
US$35
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$23
US$21
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$62
Priceline
US$48
US$42
All reviewsfishcoral reefshuttle busnothing is too much troubleblue holefantastic holidaydahab centrepoolschefsmountainsegyptseadivingquadguyssnorkelersanimators
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We just returned from a beautiful and relaxing week in Happy Life Village in Dahab. We had a fantastic time! A well maintained resort with spacious and cosy rooms, all with balcony. Nice pools to relax and beautiful located directly at the beach with a wonderfull housereef, with perfect diving and snorkling possibilities. Dahab is only fifteen minutes drive from the resort. A good variety of food for an all inclusive resort.
But the best of Happy Life is the staff, on all level. Maintaining, cleaning, bar, restaurant, pool, management they all are very friendly and make your life happy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank WimSchutte
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Just spent a week in Happy Life Hotel and was so pleased that we are already planning to go back next year. The staff were delightful and very eager to get whatever you wanted. The food was excellent. Was expecting rather boring serve yourself food but was suprised at the choice and quality. The hotel was only about 25% full and I think that is because people are worried out Egypt. The place and beaches were completely safe and you are looked after all the time. We even had a overnight stay in the desert in a Bedhuin tent and it was fantastic. Full moon and the stars and an amazing man called Ashraf who I would highley recommend. He runs Ashraf Safari and is an amazing man. We had two days with him and saw wonderful sights and canyons and met and eat with Bedhuin people. Not to be missed. Snorkeled at blue hole and siz other sites with Posiden Dive Centre and they were not only extremely resonable price wise but were really good with me as quite a novice snorkeler. Definateley go back

Room Tip: If you email before you go to Mr Shady (couldnt make it up) the relations officer he will help you get a room with a balcony and a sea view. We had room 12B4
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank londonmontycat
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay and was our third time staying at Happy Life. We don't usually go back to the same place as we like to see what else is out there. We were hoping that our previous experiences would be similar and hoped that they were still surviving with the lack of tourists to the country. As soon as we pulled up outside we were welcomed with open arms and were instantly made to feel special. From the porters, reception staff, beach staff and respecially the restaurant staff they all genuinely recognised us and stopped to make an effort to welcome us back. It was good to see staff promotion since last year and after talking to the staff they are very proud of their work and workplace.
As with a lot of reviews you could be extremely picky and find fault with tired rooms but everything worked adequately and was always extremely clean.The house reef was still fantastic, with hours of snorkelling to be done.
This year we took our niece (21) who had only been to Sharm so we were apprehensive that she wouldn't find enough to do and would miss the nightlife. Her opinion at the end was that it was the best place she has been to and couldn't praise the staff enough for looking after her. She has already started to save for next time!
We would urge anyone looking for a quiet, well run hotel, with excellent professional staff to seriously look this place up. It was extremely hard to come home again!!
Whilst on the free shuttle bus into Dahab one lunchtime (only four of us) we had only gone a few metres up the drive when we stopped and were greeted by about twenty plus children getting on with about 6 adults! It turns out that Happy Life provide free of charge a place for local children some empty rooms at the back of the complex to run a sunday school as Dahab (5km away) won't provide a venue for them to teach. They also provide transport to pick up in the town and to return later. The Sunday Teacher couldn't praise Happy Life enough. It was a most fantastic experience and this just shows what a great place Happy Life is not just for tourists but for the community as well.
One last thing - in our own experience the food quality and variety was better than ever so am a bit confused by some comments, no one was ill and there was always something to tempt your taste buds. Even on the second week the theme was the same as the week before but with variety so we found it wasn't boring at all. Since last year they now have a menu board so you will have an idea of what there will be. Thank you Happy Life, will visit again for sure!

Room Tip: Choose a block near to the beach (21, 22 or best 23) which is quieter /more private and has great panoramic views over the sea to Saudi Arabia
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank ToniMcK
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Happy Life Village is set in a secluded spot outside Dahab. This makes it feel safe and a real Oasis. However as others have said don't get worried if you approach the Hotel at night as the drive and entrance leave much to be desired.

Once you are inside the food is excellent and the staff attentive. The daily fresh salads are beautiful and I would say it is the best quality food I have enjoyed on a all inclusive trip.

The pools are VERY cold so despite loving to swim I only went in once or twice during a whole week stay, a little heating would improve my rating.

Rooms were relatively basic but clean, the two rooms my family stayed were next to each other, which made it convenient that you could climb through the balconies, however I would not like this if it were strangers in the next room!

We went into Dahab once however, with just women in our party we did not feel relaxed and the stray animals and jeering men were a bit much. We booked a trip in town and went up into the mountains one evening which was enjoyable, however you overlook lots of other fake Bedouin camps which spoils the illusion of authenticity!

Would return to Happy Life if I wanted to stay in a resort and chill for a week, would not go back to Dahab otherwise.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Danni_Smith
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I stayed 3nights in the End of May. I choose this hotel after reading reviews about house reef being probably the best in Dahab since my purpose was snorkeling.

At first I thought that house reef did not look as good as I expected. It did not look in good condition, . when I was there I saw one guest standing on the coral but there was no life guard to give attention , so no wonder... But marine life was pretty good and quite intesreting especially early in the mornings about 7am so that I enjoyed snorkeling very much after all .
Very good thing was the weather did not affect snorkeling there because of mountains even when it is windy, means No red flag (at least during my stay). But I only stayed 3nights so of course I am not sure what it is like if it is too windy though.

The Famous Three pools snorkeling spot close to the hotel was a disapointment. I don`t understand what people see in that place or I must have been to a different three pools? Coral was in bad condition and not many fish. I thought house reef of the hotel was much better.

As a hotel, it is a nice relaxing hotel in very good location (great view !) with kind and warm egyptian staff.Something very nice about all the staff there. They made me feel happy.

Food was not very interesting but I liked the way they cut Grape Fruite in front of me for breakfast which means always fresh.and also staff at the restaurant were nice.

As some people write in here, yes there are dogs but after I ignored them they did not bother me. I think they come from Three pools area. Anyway they are harmless and quiet so I did not mind at all.

This hotel does have a Happy lively atmosphere with nice staff and I found the place very relaxing. If I visit Dahab again, this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo