“It's business as usual in Dahab”
Review of Happy Life Village

Happy Life Village
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“It's business as usual in Dahab”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Firstly, there is no curfew in Dahab. If your plane lands at three in the morning, the transfer will be waiting for you. I am a lone female traveller and I spent three heavenly weeks there. I had no problems and no cause to be concerned. I arrived in Sharm at around 9pm and the shuttle was there to meet me. I was the only person on board. We went through the usual 'check points' but were waved through without issue.
I had a lovely clean room. And on waking the following morning I headed towards the beach. I have never seen a more beautiful landscape, the sea and the mountains make for a breath- taking view.
The resort is very quiet. The FCO guidelines are keeping many people away from this beautiful place. You could have a pool all to yourself for the duration of your stay if you wanted. The people are the most welcoming of staff teams and nothing is too much trouble. A special mention to Mohammed at the restaurant. The most professional man, a gentleman and somebody who genuinely cares about your holiday experience. Saeed at the beach bar is another professional man who never let's your glass get empty and is the most attentive and professional bar waiter at the resort. All of the staff are friendly and helpful. They really do care about the customer and want people to come back again.
The food is excellent. I was there for three weeks and did not find it either boring or repetitive. There is no need for tea and coffee making facilities in the room, You can get a drink at any of the restaurants and bars through out the day and night. I found the spirits to be just as strong as those in England (though I'm not an expert).
Mayhe is the only member of the animation team now working at happy life and she is beautiful and funny and full of energy. She tries very hard to entertain the guests. She is a good friend to all.
The diving and snorkelling is some of the best to be found in Egypt (I have been reliably informed) and there are many excursions on offer. Though, if your like me and just want a place to relax and unwind this is most definately the place for you.
I would recommend that you put the fears for your safety aside and go and experience 'Happy Life Village'. You won't regret it.

Room Tip: You could choose to be nearer the pool or beach
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Rosehay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
scotland uk
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Myself and my wife and in - laws took a 3day break from sharm ,and it was so relaxing, right on beach,and the pools are nice also the food was excellent the staff were very good, around the pool ready to top you up,waiters in dinning room were great,there is not much in the way of entertainment, it will surely lower your blood pressure, the only little problems were no tea or coffee maker in room ,TV has not many English channels, beer was ok,but the spirits are not up to much so if you like a nip take it with you and chill.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bigmalcincoalsnaught
Hastings
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have been to this hotel 10 times now, the last time being in February this year, and its my second home, the staff are my second family, what a wonderful place! we were recently advised by Olympic holidays that we could no longer travel to dahab (and Happy Life) in May and would have to change to a hotel in Sharm el Sheikh due to increase in terrorism threat...but thankfully the hotel is so friendly that I have been able to book the hotel direct with them which includes transfers! If you have Easyjet flights through Olmypic then you are able to keep them and be refunded the accomodation costs so dont give up! The staff assure me that it is safe there in dahab. Please private message me if you want to still travel to this amazing hotel...I will help you. The hotel and staff need the guests, and you wont be disappointed. If you like peace and quiet and friendly attentive staff this is the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CurlyWurlyTop
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel location is excellent,you feel so relaxed in a peaceful location.
hotel itself is good, with some renovation in certain area; will deserve 5 stras.
same problem i fae always in dahab exist in this place which is DOGS..4-5 dogs were enjoying their usual life among the guests on the beach and pool and main restaurant!
hotel pools are excellent are very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LOL M
Herstmonceux, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We have just returned from our third trip to Happy Life and we are re-booking to go back in October this year. The service cannot be beaten anywhere in the world and we have stayed in some pretty smart hotels over the years. All the staff including the cleaners cannot do enough to help if you need anything they are only to happy to get it for you. The location is superb, great snorkelling and stunning views of the mountains. We did not lift a finger for a week! Thanks to Akram and his team at the bar for going out of his way to collect a bottle of champagne and make a cake for us and in the restaurant Nazmee, Mohammed and the chefs for making such a special effort to celebrate our wedding anniversary, decorated tables and five star service all the way. Our second home - thanks to you all !! - see you in October - Oh just watch out for the Spa staff (they are independent from the hotel btw) sometimes they cannot take no for an answer!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank SadieAngel
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Me and my partner went there for 11 days for his birthday in february and what a great time we had. On his birthday the restaurant staff gave us our own decorated table and gave my partner a cake and they all sung happy birthday to him. The hotel was so relaxing we practically did nothing for 11 days. The staff here are absolutely amazing, they cannot do enough for you, nothing is to much trouble. Every morning within minutes of getting to the beach the staff arrived with our drinks before we even sat down! i really don't know where to start with this review as there is so much to be said. The animation are brilliant who are there all day every day inviting you to play different games and do things like yoga and stretching. We had a brilliant time with them learning there dances and my partner even put on one of my dresses to do the dances with them on our last night as promised on our first night lol. The hotel has 3 pools one of which has 3 water slides which we only ventured into on our last day due to the water being to cold. We did snorkelling too which is a must, its amazing what you see under there. Dahab itself was very quiet but was nice to have a wander around and have some food. The hotel have some dogs walking around who are very friendly and walked us back to our room on a few occasions. The food at Happy Life was amazing with a huge variety to choose from and once again all the restaurant staff was amazing, mohammed, alfie, karim too many to mention. We met the hotel doctor due to a fall i had and what a lovely doctor he was, very friendly and efficient. The security staff and reception staff are very friendly and helpful to its easier just to say EVERYBODY at this hotel are amazing and we cant wait to return, we are already looking to book up to go back in june :) :) :)

Room Tip: The higher rooms are best for the views which are amazing :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank emmawell
Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine
Reviewed 25 February 2014

That was our 6th vacation in Sinai and 3d in Dahab, so I had pre-image in my head of what awaits us in 3* hotel… Well, what can I say! Reality exceeded my expectations. All was perfect from the moment our driver and guide greeted us in airport, helped with luggage and transported with much care to the hotel till our departure after 11 days when we got boxes with breakfast at the reception since we had an early flight (we didn’t ask for that beforehand). In previous reviews it had been said enough about good food, nice rooms, clean beach etc. So I want to mention something else that impressed me…
As my work is related to hospitality, I usually notice many little things, which commonly are out of attention, but finally that is what makes vacation pleasant . Procedure of check in was very professional, quick and easy; luggage porter showed us territory and told us about main activities; room, which was spacious and clean was also supplied with all necessary information which is very important (no stupid advertisement though), good linen, new (!) and clean cozy warm blankets as nights were rather cool; new mattresses and towels at beach… Beach itself is clean as camels and horses have definite separated area; security man keeps the beach free from sellers. Shuttle bus goes to Dahab at very convenient time – if u will take it, u will not miss your lunch or dinner, what usually happens in other hotels.
But the most wonderful discovery was staff. All through our stay we felt care and warm friendly attitude. Our great respect to the person, who trained employees of this hotel . No one of them ever crossed the line between friendly attitude and familiarity. No silly jokes at the restaurant: f/ex waiter suddenly grasps and takes off tourist`s plate (sad experience in other egyptian hotels), only respect, care and professionalism.
All the staff worked with enthusiasm, but nevertheless many times during the day we watched Manager appeared precisely in those parts of the hotel, where his presence was necessary to monitor the performance.
Big thanks to all guys in Happy Life Village! You made our holiday unforgettable.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends