“Excellent for water sports and access to town”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Swiss Inn Resort

Swiss Inn Resort
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
london
“Excellent for water sports and access to town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

I have stayed at the Swiss Inn, Dahab five times now and continue to enjoy the same excellent level of service with each visit. The staff are friendly, food excellent and access to watersports and beach pursuits immediate and unhindered. The gym was closed during my visit but they are in process of building a new health club near beachfront. I recommend this hotel with only one condition, room 107, whilst excellent in proximity to beach often reeks of sewage from time to time, most prominently after dusk.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank deannasser
SwissInnResortDahab, General Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Dean Nasser,
Many thanks for your positive and constructive review. We are always very keen to provide to all our guests best possible service. We also have taken already corrective action with regards to the broken sewage pipe and its repaired and guaranteed no smell anymore. The new gym located at the beach will open the next few days and our guests are all excited to try it out.
We all are looking forward to welcome you back again.
Very best regards from sunny Dahab, Peter Schiess

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first trip to Dahab. I really adore this cozy and magnificent place!... I will come again and again that's for sure. This time I stayed in swiss in hotel and I was really satisfied.
First- the location is great! The hotel is situated in lagoon which means the facilities for surfers are easily accessible!)
The rooms are clean and comfortable, food is tasty.
I would like to thank all staff for being so friendly and welcoming!
And I wish to thank spa workers. I've done a course of massage with Mohamed. He is a real professional and worth the money I've paid!
Next time when I come to dahab, I will definitely stay in Swiss inn! This is the best hotel I've stayed here so far!
And hope to see u very soon!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Yakovleva_Tanya
Dear Tanya Yakovleva,
In the name of all staff members and management, as well as on behalf of the very professional massage team from our spa center, I would like to thank you very much for your beautiful review. It makes us all very proud to be rated again and again as one of the very best hotels for excellent service and very tasty food. We all are looking forward to welcome you soon back again.
Kind regards from sunny Dahab, Peter Schiess
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

i spent the most beautiful Holiday in this hotel , i advice all my friends and my relatives to come and spend some time in this hotel. they will never forget this moments.
staff was very friendly. the room was big, quiet and clean - very nice furniture. nice beach bar in the evening.
In general, the hotel is very good . The staff are friendly and nice. The rooms facing sea look amazing outside

Room Tip: Sea Side very best
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Osama_ibr
Dear Mr. Osama,
On behalf of all members of staff and management, I would like to thank you very much for your very positive review. We all hope, that you will spend soon another vacation with us again.
Sincerely, Peter Schiess
dahab
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Now i understand how important to organize your holidays , and most importantly dont got stress, another way ur wonderful vacation can be smoothly turns into hell for 7-10 days , and who will be more lucky and on the 14days. After not good experience of the trip to Egypt , I stopped my choise at the Swiss Inn.

As that according to the tradition , my family and friends have trip to Egypt ,- Cairo or Luxor ( on tour ) , Hurghada ( with children ) , and now Dahab ( with friends in the surfing and diving )

+ beautifull area of hotel ,

+ Large sandy beach with views of the lagoon (which could be more wonderful )

+ for the children 's playground

+ staff are friendly and welcoming , and most importantly discreet

+ in 2 steps from the beach serff stations and pressure center ( by tradition we went to town on the light in the house = " " Russian Club " = the dive center at the reception by the way she and the class instructor rus.dev Maria och welcoming and friendly )

+ hotel's Spa club is very nice (sauna, hammam
The staff is also friendly and drzhelyubny ( Mohamed and Magda are massage therapists! i recommend)

- not fruits in restorant
- Building on the nearby beach beauty salon as told and gym ( must have been complete if we put the roof ))))

Enjoy your holiday and you will return again and again )

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sofitort
SwissInnResort, General Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Dear Guests Sofitort,
In the name of all staff members of the Swiss Inn Resort Dahab, I would like to thank you for your very positive review. We all are very happy, that our services have met and exceeded your expectations. We all are looking forward to welcome you and your nice family back again and wish you all the very Best. Kind regards from sunny Dahab, Peter Schiess
Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Whilst the hotel is beautiful and in very good condition. However, my romantic dinner with my husband based on an advert which made no mention of 'making a reservation' or 'details of time that restaurant's specially offer was not available'.
Buffet items were not labeled. Therefore, you could have ended up ill in an inadequate hospital with prices that shot through the roof!!!

From a professional point.... very disappointing indeed. Lack of English too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Eliane R
SwissInnResort, General Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear Elaine R.
We all would like to thank you for your review. The whole team from the Swiss Inn Resort Dahab is always eager to improve all guest services in all aspects. Almost all our food items on the Buffets are labeled, with very few exceptions like some raw salads. I would like to apologize, that the Romantic Dinner for Two did not materialize. I would like to make a very special arrangement on your next stay with us for this dinner and offer it to you free of charge. Please contact me directly at any time convenient to you and I remain with kind regards.
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

My family and I spent 3 days at Swiss Inn Resort staring from the 14th of October and checked out on the 16th, we stayed in room no. 127 which is a triple room, the room was not big, but not a problem for the price we paid (280 LE per person per night, the rate for the Egyptians at that time: 250 LE + 30 LE all inclusive supplement). The bathroom was not big as well, but again ok. There was a bath tub, so it is better than the shower. The hotel is not at Masbat area which is the Shopping area of Dahab, it is near the East Delta bus station but there is a Shuttle bus that you can take to Masbat, the time schedule is on the Concierge desk, 5 LE per person per way, and you give the money to the driver, not to the reception.

The following are some remarks which we would like the people who want to book to know, and the management to put into consideration to improve the hotel standard:

Room & Bathroom:

1- There is a document we received stating the extra charge items, restaurant meal times, what is part of the all inclusive concept, and what is not. All items in the mini bar are at extra charge (soft drink cans, 2 kinds of chocolate, 2 small bottles of Nestle mineral water, and 2 bottles of beer), a bag of chips, nuts and mint bonbon on the dressing table are at extra charge as well. There were 2 small bottles Nestle mineral water on the dressing table which were part of the all inclusive concept, and you should get 2 at no cost every day. However, when the room was cleaned on the following day, the houseman did not put the 2 bottles, we had already consumed one the day before, and he did not even put another one.
2- The bathroom amenities which we found upon arrival (shampoo & body lotion) were not replaced on the following day as they were half empty. The toilet rolls were about to finish but they were not replaced. There were rusty water lines in the toilet upon arrival. However, I have to admit that the overall cleanliness of the room and bathroom was good.
3- We found one blanket in the wardrobe, although the room was triple, and there was nothing to cover ourselves with at night on the 3 beds.
4- The room is a sea view, but you can see the sea from a distance, it was ok, no problem as we will not be in the room all day long during our stay.

Food & Drinks:

1-The food variety, especially during lunch and dinner was ok but not WOW, maybe because it is a 4 star hotel or maybe they are on a saving cost plan as there were almost 20 rooms full during our stay, except for the dinner on the 15th as it was BBQ at the outside seating area of the main restaurant, good variety of food including salads and dessert.
2- There are empty glasses on the tables in the main restaurant for the water, however, the waiters do not pour the water for you when you sit at the table, you have to ask them to bring water for you, and then they bring a large bottle of mineral water and pour it for you. They do not ask if you would like to drink something during dinner such as tea, coffee, etc. , you have to ask for that as well.
3- The tea served in the main restaurant is usually not hot enough, although it is served in a flask (a glass one, not a Stainless steel one, maybe that is why it is not hot enough).
4- When we were having breakfast on the last day, I wanted to put diet sugar in my cup of tea, however, I found out that the sugar is sticked in the sachet, I checked the production and expiry dates, I found the expiry date in October 2013, so maybe it had already expired (it seems that no one checks the expiry dates before putting it on the tables. I saw the General Manager there several times, the Restaurant Manager was always there, and someone in a light blue shirt and beige trousers, maybe the Asst. F&B Manager). I had my diet sugar with me, so it was not a problem for me, but an important thing to mention.
5- The strangest thing I have ever experienced is that you have to sign a cheque for the mineral water you get in the main restaurant or in the restaurant beside the pool (I think its name is Zaitoun, a la carte restaurant, as we had a lunch there on the 15th of October because the main restaurant was closed, I do not know why? No one informed us in advance, and there was no sign stating that it will be closed on that day for lunch), although the 3 of us were staying all inclusive and wearing the all inclusive blue bracelets. We will not pay for them when we check out, so why we have to sign? They should ask the guests who stay half board to sign.

Pool:

There is only one pool, we did not use it as we prefer to go for a swim in the sea (maximum depth of the pool is 150 cm, and there is a part for children). There is one Recreation staff member sitting in the Towel hut at the pool (maybe the only one in the Recreation department, anyway the staff in general are not many, maybe because of the occupancy). On our departure day, I saw him cleaning the brown tiles around the pool edge, and then he put the mob in the pool to wash it, and he used it again to clean the tiles, NOT HYGIENIC AT ALL. The staff should be well trained on how to keep the hygiene. I work at one of the top 10 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh according to Trip Advisor rank and it is a 5 star hotel as well, and I know that it is a very important issue as it is health hazard, and for that issue, it does not matter if the hotel is 4 or 5 stars.

Entertainment:

Did not see anything except a fire show at night on the 15th at the outside seating area of the main restaurant, and it was the first day of El Adha feast which was ok but really not enough to enjoy the evening as it was not long anyway, I expected a very nice Oriental show with a belly dancer for the 1st day of the feast. There is a Bedouin night on Wednesday but we left on Tuesday, so I cannot comment if it is good or not. By the way, the Oriental Pergola in front of the Beach Bar is very nice place to sit at and watch the beautiful view of the sea and the mountains.

Beach & Weather:

The water is really crystal clear, and the weather was sunny but not hot and with a fresh breath (that is the most thing I liked during my stay). The beach is sandy and the sand in the water is soft. There is no jetty and no corals (not good if you came to do snorkeling, but good if you just want to swim without being hurt by corals or trying to be away of them). The water is not deep till the balloons border which is enough space to swim (if you are 157 cm but you should be a good swimmer if you passed the border as it gets deeper). There is no lifeguard; there is a big sign in English only on the beach stating "Swimming at your own responsibility, no lifeguard".
We enjoyed our relaxing holiday, we liked the weather at that time of the year in Dahab and the crystal clear water. However, the management should take into consideration the above mentioned issues as really some of them should be resolved even if the hotel is 4 stars.
It is a cozy 4 star hotel, comfortable enough to spend a short vacation, so do not go with high expectations, and everything will be ok for you.

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally H
Dear Sally H.
Many thanks for your detailed review as received from a hospitality professional. Our team is constantly eager to improve the quality of services in all aspects of the Resort's operation and I would like to apologize if we have not been able to provide you with 100% guest satisfaction. We are asking the guests with the All Inclusive package to sign the bills for control purposes only, and we actually are receiving very positive feed back from the guests about this procedure. The set lunch is served at the pool restaurant due to the present lack of guests, but receiving also very positive comments with regards to choice and quality of the meals and very friendly service. As you correctly mentioned, the Oriental show with Belly dancer and Tanura is on Wednesdays and is contracted the whole year for Wednesdays as they are residents from Sharm El Sheikh. The entire team of the Swiss Inn Resort Dahab hope to welcome you back again in the near future and remain with kind regards to you and your family.
cwmbran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have just returned from an 11 day stay at the Swiss Inn and I can't speak highly enough of it. When we arrived there were hardly any other guests there (due to the recent troubles) so this may not be a true reflection. However, we had a wonderful time and I would highly recommend this hotel. When we arrived we were shown to a lovely room with an amazing sea view and large private balcony. The view was spectacular. The hotel is a good 4/5 star although it would benefit from a little updating. This appears to be going on at the moment. The rooms were spotlessly clean with huge beds! I did feel that storage in the room was a little sparce. However, that is a minor point. The staff are wonderful and can't do enough for you. We tried to learn a few Arabic phrases and they were so happy to help us! The food was lovely with a good choice every day. The beach bar where you can eat lunch offers a very limited selection. We used the one to the right as you walk out of the hotel. It is part of the Ganet Sinai but is right on the beach and anyone can use it. It is cheap and has an amazing selection. Try the pasta dishes - they are huge and really tasty. The pool is lovely, though there isn't really a children's section as such, it's just a bit shallower at one end but has a bit of a drop which I thought could be a bit dangerous with very young children. Night time entertainment is very limited but the same is true for other hotels in the area, not just the Swiss Inn (we have been to Dahab a few times and have stayed at other hotels - see my review of Ganet Sinai). However, the small town of Masbaht is close by and this has lots of restaurants and bars right by the sea. I honestly can't wait to return there!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room. It's well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynnmorgan
SwissInnResort, General Manager at Swiss Inn Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you very much for your very positive review of our hotel. We are receiving generally very good comments about our quality of food and will certainly consider to offer a wider selection of menu items at our beach bar. The kids pool area is marked with a fence and we have a life guard on duty during the entire opening time of the pool. Rest assured that we are continuing to provide best possible service to our esteemed guests. The entire team at the Swiss Inn Resort, Dahab is looking forward to welcome you and your family back again. Kind regards from peaceful and sunny Dahab.