“Lovely Lovely Stay....”

Ranked #28 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely Lovely Stay....”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I have just come back from a lovely week staying at The Coral Coast Hotel. The purpose of my visit was to unwind and practise yoga as wel as trying out the snorkelling and diving.... Very friendly staff, made to feel most welcome right from the start. Rooms are clean and tidy. The whole area of the hotel is clean and you can see that it is well cared for. Everyone was was very helpful, especially when I decided to do a try- dive the staff were on hand to let me know exactly what I would be doing. Seamless from airport transfer to and from the hotel. If you are looking for 5 star all inclusive like you'd get at Sharm then this is not for you but I would thoroughly recommend this hotel if you want down to earth charm within Dahab local living. I will definitely be returning with my children to let them try a relaxing beach/pool holiday with snorkelling and Diving thrown in...Thank you

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
Epworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was my first visit to the Coral Coast Hotel and to the Red Sea. I chose this hotel because it was recommended to me as a good place to complete my Open Water Diving course. I was really made welcome as soon as I arrived and invited to join a barbecue on the beach, all the staff were very friendly especially Carole the Dive Technical Manager.
The next morning I was introduced to my Diving Instructor Julia, she put me at ease about the diving and was a great instructor easy to get on with, very experienced and good fun. Diving the Red Sea was amazing, I did 12 dives, including going on to my Advanced Open Water. Every dive was a great experience, warm water, great visibility (20m) and loads of colourful coral and fish.
My room was comfortable and clean with everything you needed. The food in the restaurant was very good - and I am a foodie so I am fussy. The staff were always friendly and helpful and took time out to talk to you and make you feel welcome. As I was travelling on my own this was appreciated.
So thank you to everyone at the Coral Coast fro making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Terry J
London
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Another return trip to the Coral Coast with a group, we took full advantage of Fantasea dive centre on site :-)

Rooms are being upgraded and the ones that are completed are lovely and airy and really do benefit from the clean crisp look.
Food was amazing (again), staff are second to none and the whole atmosphere here is relaxed, friendly and like a second home where you are always made welcome.

Needless to say we'll be back :-)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Morpeth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place was such a relief and godsend from the hassle and plastic culture of Sharm. Food was great, room was nice, staff were friendly, you can's go wrong, would most def go back and forget about Sharm altogether. Dahab much, much nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Fantasea dive centre staff and instructors were outstanding. Staying at the hotel is very relaxing and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. I highly recommend the Coral Coast and I'm already looking forward to a return diving trip next year.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 February 2013

This was my second stay at the Coral Coast and it did not disappoint the second time around. The idyllic location on the shores of the Red Sea (sound of waves lapping on the beach at night, stunning) and amazing views were worth the return alone.

What sets this hotel apart however are the amazing and hospitable Egyptian staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. I travelled with my 10 and 11 year old & they were thoroughly spoilt by all the staff, noting from the first night which one preferred which flavour of ice-cream & serving them accordingly correctly without prompting after that (as my 11-year old said in awe "even Dad gets that wrong!") and keeping an eye out & taking care of them at all times. The restaurant manager encouraged them to snorkel on the reef & even went with them to get them kitted out himself.

On top of all that the 'towel art' on the bed every day is amazing (the crocodile was voted the favourite) the place is spotlessly clean and the food delicious, we will definitely be returning again.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Sagittarius84
London
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I just returned from a yoga holiday where I stayed at the Coral Coast in Dahab. I don't think I have ever received such a warm and friendly welcome from hotel staff anywhere. Wahid, Abraham and all the staff were wonderful hosts!

The hotel is nestled on the outer edge of Dahab, quieter (and a little windier!) than the main area, but a really great location with fantastic views, great snorkelling at the Eel Garden, 2mins walk away, and only 5-10mins walk from the main restaurant area, local shops and cafes. The best thing is that you can easily stay put and soak up the views and the sun without having to go far for great food, diving, yoga or snorkeling.

The hotel is great at arranging trips, massages and basically anything that you'd like to do. I had a fantastic Thai yoga massage in the massage 'tent' by the pool and enjoyed two trips to the desert, with our lovely Bedouin guide, Hermaid.

The only downside for me was the slightly rubbish shower pressure and old shower head, but in all honesty I got used to its quirks in a couple of days. The cleanliness and comfort of the rooms more than made up for it, along with being greeted every day to some rather impressive towel topiary! Swans, an elephant, a scorpion - hilarious every time...

So go visit! This is not the place for anyone who expects luxury or a clinical 'all inclusive' experience. Go because you want to relax, for the desert and the sea, for the diving, for yoga, and to have a laugh with the locals.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo