“Restaurant only”
Review of Coral Coast Hotel

Coral Coast Hotel
Ranked #33 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Walking along the coast, we decided we liked the look of this restaurant and menu belonging to the Coral Coast Hotel, so decided to go back that night for our meal, what a mistake.
4 items that we asked for they did not have, we waited ages for service, and when emptying the ashtray, they spilt it over the seat and left it. I do not know why the prawn cocktail tasted funny, but my daughter could not eat it, but they did not charge us for it. The reason for the very long wait for our food, was that they did not have any gas, to cook it on. This could not have been the reason drinks, too a long time to come also.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MargaretR R

Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

This was my second time to coral coast and my partners 5th it has to be one of the nicest places i have ever been too . Your so well looked after ,the staff are amazing our dive guide ahmed was fab he looked after me soo well as i was very nervous he was just lovely. Also its so safe there . Will def go back again missing it so much already x

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank mariapresley
Reviewed 28 October 2013

What a fantastic place to chill out! Eat good food,& go diving
All the staff couldn't do enough for you,they make you feel like a member of the family & been coming here for years
Great food,great setting,great dive school.
Did my advance open water with Khalid ( brilliant instructor,feels you full of confidence)
Booked twice for next year already so need I say anymore.
Danny &Tina

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danny B
Reviewed 13 October 2013

One of the best holidays we have had in a long time I could go on and on and on about how good this place is but that would spoil it. Simply put the hotel and all the staff make it what it is you have to try it, and if you don't like it its not the Hotels fault.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dickpig
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Well, what can I say, everything was brilliant, staff, food, atmosphere, service. It was a quiet period for the Hotel because of recent events in the country but feel our experience would have been the same if they had been busier. The staff were so friendly and helpful, plenty to eat with varied choices. The accommodation was clean and comfortable, but remember this is Egypt and their standards do differ from the English ones, we did not encounter any problems (well a small one with a leak in the bathroom which was resolved). We were surprised to have tea making facilities-a bonus. Purchase water from the local shops, don't use the water from the taps. The Hotel is on the outskirts of main Dahab so not in a tourist area which we like after a days diving so we can chill out. The pool was clean, plenty of places to sunbathe round the pool or on the beach or you can relax in the Arisha. It was so convenient for us with the Dive centre being based in the Hotel, also Embah Safari who we went with for a 2 night/3days Safari in the desert diving and canyon walking-awesome. The dive guides Yasser and Khalib were fab, the best to date we have had whilst on holiday. Would not hesitate to go back, did not want to come home.

Room Tip: Request an upstairs room for the sea view (and sunrise at 5am)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eastlakes
C0ral2013, Manager at Coral Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

On behalf of us all at Coral Coast Hotel thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Desert Dive experience and that your experience was a positive one.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

If you are looking for 5 star luxury then this is not the place for you. If you want clean accommodation, superb staff and fabulous food then book now. Situated in the more 'local' and authentic part of Dahab a five minute walk from the lighthouse this was an ideal location for us. We had a fabulous time, superb diving and a three day dive/desert safari plus an unforgettable trip to dive the Thistlegorm. We're already planning a return trip next year to see everyone,you truly do arrive as a guest and leave as a friend. I'm not going to single any one member of the team out for special mention as they are all equally wonderful. Big thumbs up Coral Coast, for true hospitality.

Room Tip: Superior room on the first floor for fab views over the Gulf of Aqaba
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I have been going to coral coast hotel for some years now, this time i returned with my family who have never been before and they absolutely loved it. We wouldn't go anywhere else, the staff are always polite and helpful, the hotel itself has everything you need and the food was always to a high standard. Our room was great we had 2 rooms adjoining which perfect for us they were cleaned daily and the shapes housekeeping make out of the towels were amazing and we loved the fact that everyday they would do something different...the pool wasn't there last time I visited and I have to say this was a great advantage as apart from when we went out diving we stayed at the hotel by the pool it was cleaned regularly and so refreshing.. Our 15 and 12 year old daughter both learnt to dive at fantasea organised by Carole who took them through their class room lessons and was brilliant, their dive instructor was Khalid who was just fantastic he was patient, calm and full of encouragement, one of my girls was suffering with her ears and he went out of his way to help her and made sure she passed her course before leaving.. My other daughter and husband who is an experienced diver also dived with Yassar and Sophie who were both wonderful, next time we go I am going to learn to dive I did start but didn't get chance to complete it, I have a fear of being out of my depth but having spent some time with Carole and doing some snorkelling to gain my confidence I know I will go on to do this... We are already planning on going back to see everyone we would like to say a massive thanks to Emma, Wael, Carole, Chris and Khalid you guys made our holiday so perfect nothing was to much trouble guest for life oh and I mustn't forget Hella she is such a star of the hotel....

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your positive review & feedback. All the hotel & dive staff make it their business to ensure that you have everything you need for a wonderful holdiay. We all look forward to seeing you back some day.