“Coral Coast Denies Service to People of Color” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coral Coast Hotel

Coral Coast Hotel
Ranked #27 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Washington DC
“Coral Coast Denies Service to People of Color”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2010

The staff will do the song and dance around you only if you are a **White** European. People of color, let alone those who speak Arabic with them are presented with very slow service that eventually makes them leave and go elsewhere. Talking with the Dahab Bedouin and Egyptians one learns that it's a policy of the hotel owners not to welcome people of color. What a shame... We ended up @ Bedouin Moon, and were treated with fairness and rapport.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ayala555

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Arabic first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2010

I've just had a very relaxing holiday at the Coral Coast Hotel in Dahab. The rooms were basic but clean and the joy of coming back each evening to find out what new towel origami shapes had been created was a definite highlight- the crocodile with sunglasses was amazing!
The staff at the Coral Coast made the holiday, they couldn't do enough to help me and went to great lengths to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.
The Fantasea Dive centre also located at the hotel was fantastic and made me feel safe and displayed so much enthusiasm about diving in the local area that I decided to stay for 3 extra days!
I would definitely recommend the Coral Coast Hotel to anyone looking for an enjoyable and relaxing holiday with a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2010

- The moment you step through the entrance of this hotel u'll feel u stepped into an isolated island :) the pool & sea in ur view with the mountains background u'll wish never to leave this place.
- Specially if you approach the beach & find that not only u can enjoy swimming, diving & eating .. but u can do this while relaxing on a hammock :)))
- The hotel staff is not only friendly but very hospitable & accommodating to the guests.
- Even though it was a very busy weekend, but that didn't cause any delay in service on all levels.
- The rooms are beautiful, cozy & place you in the Dahab mood, where it's simple yet you won't be missing anything.
To cut it short .. that's the ultimate escape from noise, pollution & daily stress !!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank YasmineNagui
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

Just back from a lovely week at Coral Coast Hotel, it is 2 minutes from Eel Garden. I really like this part of Dahab. Very laid back and friendly, no hassle from restaurant or diving club. If you want something they are very helpful, but otherwise you can just chill and enjoy.
The hotel is basic standard, clean and spacious. Good mattresses and pillows.
The restaurant serves great food, both health and tasty with Egyptian style. Can recommend fish Bedouin style, delicious! You sit by the beach, in the day time the palm leaves roof give a nice shade to the hot sun and and in the evening you hear the waves rolling in.
I came out to mainly do yoga, there is many teachers and styles. I went to 3 of Jane classes, a nice and fun German lady. She teaches Hatha and Ashtanga Yoga at Coral Coast and Blue Beach Hotel, almost every day. Check web side www.ayoga.at.
I had full-body massage at Mirage Village, Mahmoud is fantastic and very skilled massage therapist.
I also went snorkelling at Eal Garden and Southern Oasis, both where great.
My partner went diving with fantasea redsea diving clubb and he really enjoyed it.
Last day I went for a walk, past Eal Garden and towards the Old Dahab, its a really nice beach walk and can see the mountains and the dessert stretching out in to the ocean.
When you had enough of all the healthiness, visit the German couple by Eel Garden and have some of there wicked cakes.
Many thanks to the lovely and helpful staff, who made our week so nice. We also meet many nice people.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

I have just come home from an 8 night stay in Coral Coast and had one of the best holidays I’ve ever had. I cannot fault the place, everything was excellent.

I contacted Lena in Coral Coast after reading all the fantastic reviews on Trip Advisor and she organised everything for me. I wanted a place to relax and dive after having spent a week doing all the sites in Cairo, Luxor and Aswan. She was extremely helpful and arranged my transfers from the airport, organised a beautiful sea view room, book two dive courses for me and gave me all the information on all the fun dives that were optional for me to do while I was there. I literally didn’t have to do anything once I arrived.

All the staff were lovely and helpful if I needed anything and my instructor Doug was by far the best instructor I have ever had, so professional and was able to answer any questions I had. After a day of diving it was so nice to be able to go back to the hotel and chill by the pool or in the restaurant and have a nice bite to eat.

Coral Coast is perfectly located, it is near enough to the town to walk but far enough away to escape the noise. It is a perfect haven to relax, chill out, get a massage or do some yoga after a day of diving.

Will definitely be back, already playing my return trip.

Lynsey

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2010

We went to Dahab for 10 days on a multi activity holiday. The hotel staff helped us with all our arrangements and at the end of a busy day the hotel itself was perfect for unwinding. The pool area was lovely and being just a stones through from the sea, going for a quick snorkel was easy.

Utterly relaxing with great service and lots to offer. A special thanks to Hassam in the Arisha for the personal touch.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Rye, East Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2010

We crawled off the bus at about 10.30pm, ten hours after leaving Cairo. After haggling over fares for a ride to the hotel, we climbed into the back of a pick up with our bags and were at the Coral Coast about five minutes later. I won't forget walking in, being greeted by the ever-smiling Ahmed, and being met by the view of the underwater-lit pool, the restaurant within feet of the Red Sea, and the peace and tranquillity for which we had really come to Egypt.

The Coral Coast is ideal, being a ten minute walk along the seafront to the main tourist area but remaining incredibly quiet as it is one of last hotels on that stretch. The room was comfortable, the bathroom occasionally a bit smelly but nothing to upset us, balcony overlooking the pool, sea and Saudi Arabian mountains on the far side. Food was great, service excellent and very friendly, and all in all I would happily stay here again. Indeed we would have stayed for longer but we had taken a flat a bit further in land for the rest of our stay (Assalah Lodge, look it up, it rocks!) but we came back to eat here several times nonetheless.

Happy times.