“Just perfect for a nice price, and this in the Sinaii area... Great!”
Review of Coral Coast Hotel

Coral Coast Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This is a french lead hotel... well from a capitalistic point of view.

Of course u won't find any frenchman here, unless he is a customer. but everything is fine. The rooms are modern and cosy, The sea is just terific and there is a lot more.... Pool, restaurant, massages... even a soccer game between crew members of the hotel on an unbelieveable unexpected green field. So if u are into kicking... go for it at 4 pm... Well it might be because it is winter and low season...

People here are moreover very very nice.

SO if u can, go for it... The price is a bargain.
Cheers

PS Wlan is on board for free...

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Madredeuss

Reviewed 10 January 2011

Very good hotel, excellent location, nice staff and very good food. The dive center, Fantasea is also excellent, so basically we had a perfect vacation at Dahab. All we hoped it would be it was thanks to the people at Fantasea and Coral Coast !

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2011

A fantastic hotel, in a superb location! Great, friendly staff (From the front desk to the restaurant manager, to the housekeeping towel art guy!) and some of the best food in the whole of Dahab! My partner and I are already planning our next trip back to Coral Coast Hotel! Keep up the good work guys!
30S and 30T ;o)

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2011

As has been mentioned in earlier reviews the Coral Coast is a very good albeit basic hotel. The hotel is clean and well maintained (although a bit faded in parts) but most importantly the service was consistently good and the staff very friendly and accommodating.

We were slightly disappointed that although the hotel is technically on the beachfront, the beach itself was pretty disappointing and we were advised not to swim from it due to the coral and the steep drop off. There is of course amazing snorkelling and diving within no distance (at the Eel Garden and Lighthouse) so this was not a major problem.

Overall the Coral Coast is a good budget hotel and we would certainly recommend to others looking for a place to stay in the quieter part of Dahab.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2011

I took a trip organised by an independant travel agent to the Coral coast hotel for a week diving.

Upon arrival in Sharm airport in the wee small hours, I was collected by my transfer and taken to the Coral coast. From the outside it seemed quite pleasant and once through the doors my opinion didn't change. I was greeted by the reception staff and shown to my room.

The following day I woke up and went outside, the place in the day looked just as nice as it had done in the evening. The overall area was clean and shabby sheek which I felt was quite nice.

I stayed bed and breakfast and the hotel restaurant provided a buffet breakfast each morning as well as a few hot options like pancakes and omlettes, which were nice. I ate in the restaurant every evening also as it was cheap and known to be clean. I very much enjoyed the food and despite the unusual menu found most of their delights delicious.

The staff throughout the hotel were polite and charming, and although not all could speak great english understood enough to be helpful. I had a few problems with my room while there. The shower wasn't great and I found ants in my room on a few occasions. I reported both problems and the staff sorted them within a matter of minutes which showed efficiency. I also had my towels laid out in decorative patterns every day by the cleaning staff which made me smile.

The hotel hosts a pool which was clean and a beach side location meant it was possible to go and have a paddle in the sea before dinner should one choose to do so.

There was also a dive centre located within the hotel, and as I had prebooked dives before arriving I used the facility. The staff were all English speaking and really helpful especially as when I arrived I had a cold and couldn't dive. Once i'd gotten over it I did several dives in a few locations and they were really professional organising kit and looking after us all as well as hanging out in the hotel afterwards for drinks and conversation.

The town of Dahab as a whole was low key, its more a place for couples and quiet groups, If your looking for hustle and bustle I suggest Sharm, The place isn't overly clean, stray dogs walk the streets and there were many goats just walking around. All of which were friendly but they don't exactly have street sweepers. I found out this isn't unusual in Egypt so I assume its similar in other areas and that aside the area is fine to walk around in day and night.

The diving around Dahab is amazing, I'd never dived in Tropical waters before, and the sea was both warm and clear. There are plenty of well known sites in the area and trips run to places further afield.
My holiday as previously stated was booked with an independant travel company using local companies. Because of this I had a rep and booked myself onto several activities while I stayed there including sandboarding and quadbiking. These trips were an experience, the quadbiking was especially fun. The company used also had a shop in the town and so these trips could be booked independantly.

Overall I had an eventful holiday, the hotel and facilities located within however were superb and I would definitely recommend going.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2010

The staff will do the song and dance around you only if you are a **White** European. People of color, let alone those who speak Arabic with them are presented with very slow service that eventually makes them leave and go elsewhere. Talking with the Dahab Bedouin and Egyptians one learns that it's a policy of the hotel owners not to welcome people of color. What a shame... We ended up @ Bedouin Moon, and were treated with fairness and rapport.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ayala555
Reviewed 23 December 2010

I've just had a very relaxing holiday at the Coral Coast Hotel in Dahab. The rooms were basic but clean and the joy of coming back each evening to find out what new towel origami shapes had been created was a definite highlight- the crocodile with sunglasses was amazing!
The staff at the Coral Coast made the holiday, they couldn't do enough to help me and went to great lengths to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.
The Fantasea Dive centre also located at the hotel was fantastic and made me feel safe and displayed so much enthusiasm about diving in the local area that I decided to stay for 3 extra days!
I would definitely recommend the Coral Coast Hotel to anyone looking for an enjoyable and relaxing holiday with a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo