I stayed here for a week in September, diving with a friend. We thoroughly enjoyed our very reasonably-priced stay at the Bedouin Moon hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were basic but comfortable, and the pool area was very pretty and (mostly) tranquil. It was also nice to be a short cab ride (~£1.50 GBP) from the hustle and bustle of the central Lighthouse area.
As has been said, there's a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere which makes it great for single travellers or small groups. Definitely ask for a sea view room.
I dived with the hotel dive centre, Reef 2000. I'd expected to do a few dives there and then try another dive school, but the instructors Akram, Mo and Kamal were outstanding and Flo in the office was helpful and accommodating, so I ended up diving with them all week. The house reef is absolutely stunning for diving or snorkelling.
Only criticisms would be:
1. Rooms were tidy but in need of a hoover, (but don't come to Egypt if you're a hygiene freak)
2. On two full days of our stay the hotel allowed local ex-pat kids to run riot around the pool, despite protestations from some of the paying guests, which rather undid the air of tranquility that the hotel otherwise exudes.
3. Can't pick up wi-fi in most of the rooms. Also the barman at the pool bar streams (hit and miss) music all day so the bandwidth is limited anyway. They should get some wi-fi repeaters.
4. Beds are quiet hard, but actually slept fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bedouin Moon Hotel lies just north of Dahab bay in a stunning location where the Sinai Mountains seem to kiss the sea. You can watch the lazy, wind-ruffled waves lap the shore from any of our sea-view rooms or from the front terrace, where a buffet breakfast (lunch and dinner too if you wish) are served. All our rooms are en-suite, with air conditioning and boast unrivalled sea views across the Gulf of Aqaba or inspiring mountain landscape views. The hotel hosts a relaxed, comfortable feel and among other facilities you will find our stunning secluded swimming pool surrounded by colorful desert gardens, where you can sit back, have a drink and enjoy the best views in Dahab. Our facilities include REEF 2000 DIVE CLUB, a PADI 5* Golden Palm Resort and IANTD Technical Instructor Training Facility, who can cater for snorkellers and divers of any level. We also host yoga classes and yoga teacher training courses as well as massage therapy. Our international menu offers a delicious array of food that can be enjoyed in the restaurant or the pool bar. Free wireless internet is available throughout the hotel. Wind- and kitesurfing, desert trekking, boat and camel safaris can be arranged. So let's fly you to the Moon …..! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Ebookers so you can book your The Bedouin Moon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bedouin Moon Hotel
- Bedouin Moon Dahab