“So coming back next year!”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just got back today from one of the most amazing weeks of my life, really enjoyed it. The hotel was excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful,the rooms were nice and the food was good. The Reef 2000 dive club is excellent, i definitely want to do another dive qualification because i so enjoyed it. Our dive instructor Adam was so helpful and incredibly patient considering i needed help just to get my fins on!haha. I am 100% (depending on my mum a bit) comning back next year!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zoe R

Reviewed 30 October 2011

First and foremost this hotel is very friendly and all of the staff make an effort to meet you when you first turn up so they have a rapor with you throughout your stay. Nice touch guys!
One of the things that sold it to us was that this is not one of the mainstream hotels in the middle of town, we liked the fact that it is slightly outside the main hub (5 mins in a taxi or 15 min walk). Very traditional local feel emphasised by the camels and goats wandering by :)
Though a little pricey (still cheaper than restaurants in town) , the food was varied and tasted very good (together with the local beer!). Well laid out and looked after grounds which come to life in the evening around the bedouin tent in the back yard.
Another plus point for us was that the dive centre is part of the hotel and doesnt require any getting up early to get to the centre.

Dive centre was excellent with very friendly and knowledgabe staff. Tutoring was fantastic, very clear and concise (thanks Akram!). Very well organised with a good variety of daily dives. They also worked out to be much cheaper than other dive centres in the town! Well done guys we had an amazing experience and we'll be back!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Bedouin Moon, although a very basic hotel, needing a coat of paint, made us all feel so welcome. The staff are particularly friendly, especially Mohamed on reception, the great chef (pancakes are delicious) and the staff in the dining room. The pool area is excellent, situated at the top of the hotel, so as well as the stunning views of the reefs and Dahab, there is also a welcome breeze.
Reef 2000, the dive school, who are attached Bedouin Moon are a very professional and friendly group. We had Mo as our guide and he made the whole week very special for the four of us. He was a very safe, but relaxed guide, who only wanted us to get the best out of the week. He took us to dive the Canyon, during the day, at night and at dawn, to experience the dive at different times. None of us will ever forget the night dive, it was awesome! Would recommend reef 2000 for their safety and their friendliness.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This really is a friendly and welcoming hotel, where solo travellers should feel very confident about staying and families/couples are equally catered for. The rooms are not luxurious but perfectly comfortable and the staff could not do more for you. The dive centre is next door, which I would strongly recommend you use, and the pool is beautiful with views of the sea and the mountains. It all makes for a special holiday.......go see for yourself ;)

Reviewed 21 October 2011

Just got back from my first trip to Dahab having been to Sharm for several years. The town and the hotel are a step back in time to a less commercialised time. The hotel rooms are dated and well worn but they have comfortable beds and air-con so who cares about a lick of paint.
Externally it is in good shape with a small but adequate pool.
The service however is a delight. Mohamed on reception (I think he sleeps there) could not have done more to make us welcome and put right any problems we had. The chef is very good as is his food and the breakfast service. Everyone makes the guests welcome and they are equally friendly to each other. A traditional dive hotel where you can enjoy a post dive beer or two. I would happily go on my own.
As divers my party enjoyed having Reef 2000 adjoining the hotel. Must have been 10 yards from breakfast to the kit room. The dive staff (drivers, guides, equipment staff and reception) are very competent, efficient and great fun. They achieved the perfect balance between safety and good humour. I would recommend them for anyone from those wishing to start diving to those with more experience.
The diving is superb and the guides know them where and when to go and when not to.
My party were so glad we were let down by our regular hotel in Sharm - we will return hopefully to Sharm in the future but only to take the road to the Bedouin Moon in Dahab.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2011

As a woman in her 40s who always had a dream to dive, but was travelling alone in an Arab country, the Bedouin Moon was the perfect choice and I would definitely recommend it to anyone in a similar position. Being a smaller hotel, it felt like the staff genuinely cared that I was OK and having a good time, without being over organised or feeling awkward that I was on my own. The facilities are basic and clean, but for me, that was part of the experience of staying in a Bedouin town but with the advantage of staying in a 'safe' English run hotel. The odd camel strolling past certainly added to the novelty!! If you want a 'stay by the pool, 'all inclusive', night club' type holiday the Moon is probably not for you, but if you want a genuine experience among genuine people, I can't think of anywhere better. I feel like I stayed with friends

Reviewed 15 October 2011

I came to the Bedouin Moon as a solo traveller with a diving course planned with Reef 2000, the adjoining dive centre, for the week I was there. The hotel is really pretty and has a beach right outside from which you can dive or snorkel their house reef.

The hotel staff were all friendly, helpful and would do anything to make your stay enjoyable. They remembered our names and room numbers and all came to wave us off when it was time to leave for home.

The breakfasts were tasty, and the lunch/dinner menu is fine as well, and cheap!

I stayed in a standard mountain view room. The rooms are small and basic but all seemed to have a fridge and air conditioning. Don't expect luxury, as they aren't immaculate, they aren't luxurious, but I was perfectly happy with mine as were most of the people I met. One recommendation is to bring insect repellant, I got bitten to death during the night.

The hotel has free wifi which you can get with no problem in the restaurant and pool, but I struggled a little in my room. I could get it fine on the balcony but it was hit or miss whether I could connect inside my room.

This hotel is perfect for divers, there are so many fantastic diving sites pretty much on the doorstep, and I would highly recommend Reef 2000 diving centre.

I travelled on the solo divers week with Longwood Holidays and was a bit apprehensive as a female travelling alone. I was really pleased to find all the the staff and other guests at the hotel to be friendly and have returned home with a load of new friends. Would highly recommend this hotel for solo travellers or couples, or groups of friends.

1  Thank KKS1983