“Highly recommended”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #10 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 11 March 2013

The Bedouin Moon is a lovely hotel. The rooms are clean and great value for money. I believe they were recently refurbished. Also they have air conditioning so that you can keep cool when it gets super hot! We also had a small fridge in our room so we could keep our water and other drinks cool. We often went out to explore but when we did eat at the hotel the quality of the food was great as well. There is a small pool which overlooks the mountain. It's a real hot spot and really nice to just sit around with a book. I didn't take part in it, but there are yoga classes there in the morning and evening and I heard they were good. I also heard good reviews about the masseuse in the hotel. The staff are super friendly and helpful. There is also free Wifi in the breakfast room.

The dive school, Reef 2000 is outstanding. The instructors are professional and friendly. I did my open water course there and the instructor was calm, patient and reassuring. I was particularly nervous as I have claustrophobia so the instructor's manner and professionalism was particularly important to me. I would highly recommend Reef 2000 and not just for newbies like me. My fiance is a seasoned diver and also loves diving with Reef 2000. There are some amazing dive sites very close to the hotel :)

Literally cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Devonashton

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Have been in Bedouin Moon several times by now and always enjoyed my stay. People are nice and easy at the hotel especially the staff. You don't feel it if there are many guests because from the hotel there are so many possibilities for having fun over or under water. Okay, the rooms are what some people might say basic but lovely in style and super clean. I have been there and would not want to stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: seaview rooms have the waves and sunrise but also the street which is not frequented at all at night...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Well its that time of year again, Im off to the dive show soon and will be dropping in on the longwood srand to book some more sun diving and sakara at the bedion moon hotel, can't wait to be back out there with the very friendley and help full staff great food and some fantastic shore dives, not to mention the day boat trip on wednesday with the captain nand crew on Gazala 2. was promised a new site to visit with the capitain last time I spoke with him. bring it on.

Room Tip: all the rooms have just had a referb in the last year, the sea view is nice at the front of the hote...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I have just come back from a week in Dahab and was happy to have booked my accommodation at the Bedouin Moon Hotel. I was travelling as a single female and had booked to attend yoga each day. On first arrival the hotel seemed particularly quiet and very remote. I was a little nervous to begin with but on my first day I met with some lovely people who were also travelling alone.

The hotel is about a 30min walk to Dahab Bay but it is nice walk which can be via the beach or through town. The hotel is extremely clean and very quiet so don't expect any late night social. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and the quality of food is very high.

I would highly recommend the yoga with Monica (8am each morning) and massage with Mike. Also, I heard very good reports about Reef 2000, which is the diving school on site. I did not dive on this trip but intend to go back real soon.

It also has a lovely pool area which is secluded but has great views of the sea.

Room Tip: I stayed in a sea view room, which was great if you want to catch the sun rising. Be prepared for th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

It's out of the way of town so doesn't get rowdy, but only 2mins away with a cheap taxi ride.

Deepest pool in Dahab and with the best view.

Beautiful scenery.

Surrounded by mountains, one of which you can walk up to the top - there are stairs!

Isolated & extremely calm atmosphere.

Fresh food (although we normally eat out - there are so many great restaurants in Dahab!)

Great service - except sometimes the workers get a little grouchy if you go during Ramadan, which is understandable!

Rooms are basic, cool and clean. Although I once woke up with a cockcroach on my face, ew! It was only once though, so don't let that put you off!

I've been back 5 times since my first, The Bedouin Moon Hotel is one of my favourites, definitely go there! It's perfect for families / couples & single people! And it's right next to a great dive centre if you have any interest in that. :-)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Pleasant place to stay. staff very helpful. Location is out of Dahab it's a twenty minute walk or more either along the beach off road. Or a cab. Benefits of being out of centre is that you feel you are in a retreat. Food is decent. You can arrange diving and the staff will basically help you with inquiries on trips or genral advice. The pool has a lovely view of the sea. Unfortunately due to a freakish hail storm it was out of action when we were there and was not the hotel's fault.
Rooms very basic no frill but air con and light and pleasant - had the mountain with air con and it was quiet at night. I had previously stayed at the Dahab Paradise which is probably a level up but I would say for the price there isn't much difference and Moon is very good value. I would recommend this for someone travelling solo or with friends/couple if you are looking for a budget friendly but Pleasant base in Dahab. Don't expect a 5 star hotel but it is never the less a lovely comfortable friendly place to stay.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Nickoteeta
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We have just returned from the Bedouin Moon Hotel in Dahab (this was our second visit) we cannot rate this hotel high enough it is such good value for money, the staff are so friendly and helpful and nothing is too much trouble. It is a small hotel in a great location overlooking the sea with fantastic mountains as a back drop, lovely pool area and recently refurbished rooms. Also it has it's own on-site dive centre (Reef 2000) which is superb and again very friendly and knowledgable staff with some great dive sites. We can't thank everyone enough for their hospitablity, we had a great stay (very relaxing despite the weather not being too good) and we will definltely be returning again in the future. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends