“Another faultless stay at this Hotel.”

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Haven't long got back from another week at the Bedouin Moon.

Again, there hasn't been one thing that I have not been happy about.

The rooms are basic, but clean and all have nice view (mountains or sea).

The hotel staff are friendly and helpful.

The restaurant menu is varied and prepared to high a standard.

The location for me, is brilliant as it attached to the Reef2000 dive centre and is a short taxi ride in town.

Would recommend to friends and will definitely be visiting in the not so distant future!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Nathan L
There are newer reviews for The Bedouin Moon Hotel

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have now stayed at the Bedouin Moon four times and cannot wait to return. The hotel is so friendly, staff cannot do enough to help. The rooms are good and clean, sea views just perfect. Breakfast is substantial and the pancakes are just divine. Dahab itself is so quiet at the moment, very safe, please do not worry about Foreign Office warnings. The town desperately needs visitors so please go and you cannot do better than to stay at the Bedouin Moon.
The attached dive centre, Reef 2000, is fantastic. I do not dive but my son does. Safety is their priority but having fun too.

Room Tip: Sea view are special.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JaneEaugate
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spent a blissful week here, learning to dive in the Reef 2000 centre next door. Hotel very friendly & felt very safe as solo female traveller. The gardens are beautiful at night & pool is lovely. Food great & decent price. Lucy makes a good cuppa in the mornings, too - what more could you want?

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've been staying in Bedouin Moon and diving with Reef 2000 in 2013. It's a good, relaxed place to stay in Dahab, good food (Burgers & Tajine). The best part, however, is diving with Reef 2000! I would recommend the hotel because of convenience to dive with reef 2000!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The Bedouin Moon is a great small hotel, with a great location if you are looking for some peace and quiet. Away from the more crowded Lighthouse area (5 min by taxi- you pay L.E10 per ride) or about a 30-minute walk if you are up to it.
The hotel itself has beautiful architecture. My room, which had a sea-view- was extremely clean and nicely decorated. The rooms can stand a bit of renovation and heavier curtains to block the sunlight, but they are lovely and warm.
The Bedouin Moin staff; Yasser, Seoud, Mohamed and the others were extremely helpful, and very accommodating and professional. It is also very safe; I stayed for 4 days there and it felt like home.
The hotel's diving center Reef 2000 is one of the most professional centers I have dealt with. Becky runs a tight ship and my dive guide Kamal was very professional, focusing on safety on each dive.
Dahab is safe people, this lazy town has not changed in the last year. I do not get the travel ban on it from European countries! It is heart-breaking to see all the shops dying for tourists and work. There has not been one single incident in Dahab since 2006.
Anyway, go to Dahab, where the sun is shining, people are friendly and prices are great.

Stayed there from 7-12 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked a package of hotel and diving at the Bedouin Moon and Reef 2000 for March 2014. I wasn't aware of the "Amber" code from the government before travel and frankly there was no indication in the Dahab area of any trouble at all. The hotel was extremely welcoming, all the staff were excellent and went out of their way to give extra. As they had vacant rooms part way through my stay I was offered a free upgrade to a superior room. The breakfasts truly are wonderful and I recommend the freshly made pancakes as a precursor to diving.

Reef 2000 were also fantastic. My package covered my OW Referral Dives and 6 additional dives. Having successfully completed the referral dives Reef 2000 easily converted my package to the Advanced course so I was able to complete that too. My instructor (Adam) was just brilliant. Professional, fun and made every dive a real joy. A bonus was having Jonpaul Hosking, a professional photographer, come along on my Deep and Drift dives so I concluded my diving experience with some of the most wonderful pictures ever.

This is definitely a place to visit for amazing marine life and a lovely welcome at the hotel. I recommend taking Mosquito spray as I got bitten to pieces!

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room if you want the view or the new superior rooms which have great showers.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Have just returned from my first visit to Egypt - against travel advice - I decided to take the risk and go - WHAT risk - this is one of the safest places I have ever been - The hotel and Staff at both the Bedouin Moon and Reef 2000 were friendly and helpful - and made my stay amazing. I stayed at the hotel for two weeks - the food is fantastic and the hotel has a very homely feel - Gilly is fabulous and I now have a new friend - I will definitely be returning to this amazing place - Dahab is great but I didn't get to see very much of the surrounding areas - my main purpose of the holiday was to Dive - and I certainly achieved that during my stay (20 Dives) Thank you so much everyone for making me feel so welcome and I look forward to my return visit. Please IGNORE the negative travel advice - I have no idea who or why this is being written - Dahab is the most relaxing safe place to visit .

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are amazing - sun rise is a must to see (although you have to wake a little early )
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo