“We'll be back”

Ranked #1 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
Guildford, United Kingdom
“We'll be back”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Dive Urge gave us absolutely everything and more we wanted from our holiday. I am experienced diver but now having to deal with a disability that affects my strength and mobility - but very keen to get back in the water. Kimberly was amazing, working with me all week to get my confidence back, my skills back up to speed and working out what help I needed for getting kit together, into my wetsuit, into the water, kit on and ready to go (and of course the reverse after we finished a dive!) But it didn’t take much working out she seemed to know from day one what I wanted and needed. I am busy recommending a trip here to all my friends with disabilities!

My partner and I have never felt so relaxed as we were at the end of our visit to Dive Urge. The combination of
- fabulous , varied diving with excellent dive guides and instructors
- intuitive help for me that allowed my partner to focus on and enjoy his own diving without worrying about me
- a lovely, friendly, smiling team of staff that are there for your every need
- gorgeous food in a beachside setting
- a place far enough from the bustle of town to be quiet and chilled, but close enough to be easily pushed there in my wheelchair if needed

As we sat in the Bedouin area with a beer in hand at the end of our visit we were amazed that a pair of people who never go anywhere twice (as there are always other places to visit, explore and enjoy) were already planning when a return visit would be possible.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hilary B
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
We are so pleased to be able to extend the joy of diving to our disabled guests or in fact anyone with limited mobility.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Not the cheapest option but definitely great personal service, friendly dive team and excellent knowledge of the local dive sites.

We dived with Ahmed all week and he was great fun and made our week away a great experience. He recommended dive sites based on our experience and what we wanted to see. We are both advanced OW divers and Dive Urge selected top sites for our level.

Kimberley in the office was really helpful and friendly and sorted all our dives and equipment out for us super quick so we were out diving the same day.

A great set-up really professional and would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
I love this quote and it does sum it up for me 'The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten' and as we operate on a small scale our costs are higher but means we can give the personal service which you obviously loved.
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We are a family of 1 very experienced advanced diver, 1 open water diver and our two boys (12 and 13) who were keen to take their open water qualification. We had a fantastic time and found the Dive Urge team ready and willing to accomodate all of our needs. In fact everyone was so relaxed, friendly and helpful we had an absolutely wonderful holiday and will most definately go back! Dahab is decidedly third world but difference is the point of travel! Dive Urge is a safe and comfortable oasis and we loved it! The diving is superb and no matter the wind and weather there is always a suitable site to go to. The trips into the mountains for Bedoin dinner and to Ras Abu Gallum for a day expedition (camel riding and diving superb unspoilt reefs) are memorable and fabulous experiences. All in all a great place, wonderful relaxed family vibe and chilled atmosphere!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
We’re always happy to welcome young divers to Dive Urge, it’s such a pleasure to see families diving together and the next generation fall in love with diving as much as we do! Very glad you enjoyed the Camel Safari, our trips are a great way to discover the gorgeous untouched reefs surrounding Dahab. Hopefully the boys will enjoy the trips even more when they come back and do their Advanced Open Water :)
Cambridge
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Travelling on my own is always a tricky business, but I could not have chosen a better place to stay. Staff are so friendly that you feel you are part of the family, Ahmed is a wonderful dive instructor and he made me feel at ease immediately. After completing my Open Water PADI we went on fun dives, although the ones before were just as brilliant. Moray Gardens, the Islands, the three Pools..all wonderful dive sites especially for a beginner like me. So, if you are a single traveller like me, if you are worried about being on your own, if you want to do your PADI or continue learning - this is the place you want to be! Everything is organised really well, the pick up from the airport, the Bedouin mountain dinner..simply a wonderful place to stay. Being Austrian there is really nothing more to say than 'I'll be back!'

Room Tip: I had the sea view, it does get a bit loud with the stray dogs, but the view is unbeatable! And th...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
It is great to know that our single guests are comfy here as it is important to us that everyone feels at home.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2012

This is the 5th time we've stayed at Dive Urge...enough said. This place is as chilled as it comes, is safe & provides consistently good tuition (this time my kids completed AOW & rescue courses). We ranged from anxious snorkeller (my wife) to experienced divemaster (my daughters' boyfriend) - and we all had a SUPERB time.
The (maximum) 4 (instructor) to 1 (diver) ratio is key to seeing lots of life (except other divers). The staff are without exception exceptionally helpful. The new packages, including reduced rate pre-booked dive packs, free water, free laundry & free taxi transfers are welcome additions to an already impressive package.
Being located at one end of the town ensures relative (to the main drag) quiet but it's only a short walk to the hussle/bussle of the town and Eel Garden (the "house reef") is super cool (especially at night). Rooms and food are good. A good variety of excellent dive sites are are accessible by shore/boat/camel.
Negatives...not much....its's not the cheapest (but I suspect it is one of the best) and Dahab's not the place to come for mega luxury (there's always the International hotels in Dahab "City" but they are pretty soulless), pelagics or wrecks.
DIVE URGE FOR US IS SIMPLY THE MOST RELAXED FUN DIVING HOLIDAY.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
We love that you love our accommodation packages our 4:1 diving as well as the incomparable diving expertise of Ahmed our PADI Instructor. We'll look forward to welcoming you back for a 6th visit !
Hamburg
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My first time in Dahab brought me to the Dive Urge. Although I am not (yet) a diver I decided to book a beautiful seaview room at the Dive Urge.

This place is worth a visit! Transportation from Sharm el Sheikh airport to Dahab included, complimentary bottled water the whole day and a great breakfast to name only some of the amenities.

No matter what age or nationality, the staff is helpful, cheerful and open hearted. I felt comfortable from the first second.

Located at the very end/beginning of the boardwalk the Dive Urges is in walking distance to all the bars, restaurants and shops.

A nice house reef invites you for snorkling. As a beginner I was excited to see so many fishes.

If you go to Dahab you definitely should consider staying at this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
We love that you felt so at home here, even as non-divers. We are also glad that our all inclusive package which includes:transfers, water, laundry and drinking water is appreciated. Look forward to seeing you both back here soon.
Greater London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

Once I got over the fact that Dahab looks like it was shelled recently, I settled into the charm of the place. There is no mistaking the fact that this is Egypt and not some random hot country with a beach covered in sun loungers.
Nestled in amongst the debris is Dive Urge and what an oasis of relaxation and calm to enjoy the local delights. I'll start with the amazingly attentive staff for whom nothing was a problem. The owners have created an environment that is more, 'staying at their place', than, 'random hotel in hot place designed to make the owners rich'. As a result it could not be more chilled. The holiday makers in Dahab are most likely to be divers, windsurfers or kitesurfers but not families which makes it quite calm.
We had found Dive Urge through Trip advisor as we had no recommendation for a dive centre. The guiding was great and once again, I mention the helpful staff at this stage, as it was such a joy to be take care of as we went to the various sites to explore the reefs.
Thought the accommodation was clean and comfortable it is not super deluxe. The facilities are more than adequate and overall it was excellent value.
I would not recommend Dahab for a family holiday but if it's diving you are after I would not hesitate to recommend Dive Urge. I will definitely be returning and I think I would be happy to go there even if I was not diving.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Dahab is a young town, still evolving in fact and as with all young towns there is some construction going on here and there in parts of Dahab, but I think it is, as you said, ‘overcome by the charm of the place’ We are so pleased that you both enjoyed the atmosphere of Dive Urge and although it does suit couples and singles very well, it is also a big hit with families during the school holidays, so everyone is happy.