“So impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“So impressed!”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

As any good traveller would I used trip advisor as a main factor in deciding which Dahab dive centre to use. As you'll see the reviews are universally excellent... so does it match up in real life? You bet it does! This was without doubt the most relaxing dive holiday I've ever had (& I've had a few). The staff & instructors are friendly & knowledgeable, the dive centre is well equipped and the accommodation is comfortable & well placed. Best recommendation I can give? I booked to go back in April whilst I was there... & this time I'm taking my wife with me. If you're looking to dive in Dahab & are undecided where to book then come here... I assure you that you won't regret it!

Room Tip: I was in a Sea view room which was fine but I'm opting for the downstairs family room when I go...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DavidK126
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
We are very proud of our number one position in Trip Advisor and it is thanks to people like you, who write such glowing reviews. We are really looking forward to seeing you and your wife here in April.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We loved Dahab and Dive Urge. Pleasant comfortable rooms, liked having water and laundry included in our package.
I was a snorkeler and Ahmed was great pointing things out that I would never have seen otherwise.
Dahab is like an oasis in Egypt. I cant wait to come back it was excellent having Eel garden dive site in front of the hotel. Breakfasts were excellent and great service.

Room Tip: Enjoyed seaview room
Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 4 November 2012
Great to have another fan of the inclusive package, thank you. Guided snorkeling makes the most of your time here too, if you are not a diver, this is a great way to still enjoy the Red Sea.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I booked Dive Urge as my first holiday alone to get some sunshine and do my PADI Open Water course. Within moments of being met at Sharm airport, I was in great company with the other guests, laughing heartily as we headed through the desert to Dahab. The week just kept getting better & better with so much fun and laughter.

The company of the other guests, the warmness and helpfulness of the Dive Urge team and the wonderful location made my trip better than I could have hoped for. The food at Dive Urge is far tastier than any of the food we had outside the hotel. The Bedouin mountain dinner camel trip was so special. Sitting in candle light in a mountain valley by a campfire watching shooting stars and eating sumptuous, freshly barbecued food and bread we'd helped make.

The course was hard work but our dive instructor, Ahmed, was calm, patient and really lovely company. The dive sites at Dahab are wonderful and I am really grateful that our 'contained water' dives were in the sea, not in a swimming pool, as it meant we were already familiarised with the environment before our open water dives. The coral and fish were the most diverse and colourful I've ever seen - and you can snorkel straight onto the reef off the hotel's beach! The visibility was great at 15m. I ended up on a roll and doing the Advanced Open Water qualification too, which meant doing wonderful, exciting dives at the Canyon, The Bells, Blue Hole and a night dive too.

All in all, it was the most fantastic holiday and I can't imagine a better introduction to diving and to Sinai than doing it with Dive Urge.

Unforgettable - can't wait to go back. Book yourself in now before I book it all up myself!

Room Tip: I stayed in a garden chalet, which was lovely and cosy, quiet and opened onto the lovely, central ga...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank BeePea
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
We are glad that single travelers, like yourself, are so comfy and at home here. We loved having you here and congratulations on passing both your PADI Open Water and your PADI Advanced Course, a great accomplishment.
Ilminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My 18 year old sons and I enjoyed our holiday immensely!
They completed their PADI open water and advanced diver courses during out 10 day stay. The dive instructors, Ahmed and Lisa, were excellent, patient and gave them confidence.
I enjoyed relaxing on the beach and reading. I went with them to some dive sites and enjoyed snorkelling.
The food was great, huge portions which satisfied the hungry teenagers! We were served by Nisimi (sorry if that is spelled wrong), with a smile and friendly greeting every day and every meal. And the meals were very reasonably priced.
The free bottled water is inspired, and I am sure contributes to keeping guests healthy. Many places only give 1L free per day, any more costs dearly or has to be 'smuggled in' , Having unlimited water to drink kept us hydrated.
The rooms were really comfortable and well decorated. The problem we had when we arrived with one room was quickly rectified with a change of room, without a fuss and with a smile.
Dahab is about 10minutes stroll away on a good path. Take a torch for returning at night as some sections are not well lit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank marysouster
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
We are glad you liked the unlimited water as part of the inclusive package and as a result we always have well hydrated guests which keeps everyone happy and healthy. Thank you for your comments and look forward to your return.
UK
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This was our second visit to Dive Urge. The four of us completed our PADI Open Water at Dive Urge in 2010 and returned to do our Advanced Open Water. Ahmed was excellent, again, at teaching and looking after us. We also enjoyed a couple of fun dives with Lisa. Really enjoyed our night & islands dives; the Blue Hole & Canyon were also spectacular. The location of Dive Urge with Eel Gardens right in front of you make for excellent snorkeling straight from the sun lounger. The friendly care and service from the whole Dive Urge team helped us enjoy a truly relaxing and refreshing stay. Inclusive airport transfers were efficient and trouble free, extra touches like the complimentary laundry service, bottled water, bedouin dinner, wi-fi, breakfasts and of course the pool table were much appreciated. The relaxed atmosphere was infectious and we enjoyed sharing experiences with the other guests. Many thanks to Lynne, Helal & the Dive Urge team. We will be back again...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
As a family run dive center we do appreciate the needs of families on holiday and are very glad you enjoyed the new inclusive package. Lovely to have you back, see you next year for your PADI Rescue Course.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Dive Urge gave us absolutely everything and more we wanted from our holiday. I am experienced diver but now having to deal with a disability that affects my strength and mobility - but very keen to get back in the water. Kimberly was amazing, working with me all week to get my confidence back, my skills back up to speed and working out what help I needed for getting kit together, into my wetsuit, into the water, kit on and ready to go (and of course the reverse after we finished a dive!) But it didn’t take much working out she seemed to know from day one what I wanted and needed. I am busy recommending a trip here to all my friends with disabilities!

My partner and I have never felt so relaxed as we were at the end of our visit to Dive Urge. The combination of
- fabulous , varied diving with excellent dive guides and instructors
- intuitive help for me that allowed my partner to focus on and enjoy his own diving without worrying about me
- a lovely, friendly, smiling team of staff that are there for your every need
- gorgeous food in a beachside setting
- a place far enough from the bustle of town to be quiet and chilled, but close enough to be easily pushed there in my wheelchair if needed

As we sat in the Bedouin area with a beer in hand at the end of our visit we were amazed that a pair of people who never go anywhere twice (as there are always other places to visit, explore and enjoy) were already planning when a return visit would be possible.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hilary B
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
We are so pleased to be able to extend the joy of diving to our disabled guests or in fact anyone with limited mobility.
Toulouse, France
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Not the cheapest option but definitely great personal service, friendly dive team and excellent knowledge of the local dive sites.

We dived with Ahmed all week and he was great fun and made our week away a great experience. He recommended dive sites based on our experience and what we wanted to see. We are both advanced OW divers and Dive Urge selected top sites for our level.

Kimberley in the office was really helpful and friendly and sorted all our dives and equipment out for us super quick so we were out diving the same day.

A great set-up really professional and would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
I love this quote and it does sum it up for me 'The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten' and as we operate on a small scale our costs are higher but means we can give the personal service which you obviously loved.