“All I expected and more”
Review of Dive Urge

Dive Urge
Ranked #1 of 28 Dahab B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I discivered Dive Urge through the Responsible Travel website. It was the first time I had dived alone and was a little apprehensive. I have to say that the experience was brilliant - mostly because of the people who were so caring, but also because of the location and the food.
I loved being out of the noisy centre of town and on the edge of the Beduoin part of town - walking, shopping and eating there was so much more enjoyable than the rare occasions I ventured into the touristy parts. Dinner under the stars in the mountains was a very special memory.
The food was excellent and popping round to the booze shop was no great hardship.
Diving in such small groups (2 or 3 divers) was such a treat and the standard of guiding and equipment maintenance was impressive.
Anne's massages also come highly recommended.
The rooms are simple but fine. I could have done with a bedside light and some shelves in the bathroom, but they were minor gripes. If i didn't sleep well it was largely because I don't like air-conditioning and it was quite hot - plus the olive tree outside the window creaked a lot in the wind!
I can only say a huge thank you to all the staff, with a special mention to Lynne, Ahmed, Barak and Fraser. I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank DMFG

Reviewed 13 October 2010

I rarely visit the same place twice, but with Dive Urge, I made an exception. It was October 2009 when I last went there. The guy I buddied up with and myself made a pact to return at the same time the following year (2010). We did meet up and dive together again.

Dive Urge has lost none of it`s charm over the past year, and, there is little to criticise. The location may not be to everyone`s taste, but the centre itself is an absolute haven of tranquility. I look forward to returning

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MrFalco
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Was a bit nervous about travelling to Egypt on my own, and diving without my dive buddy, but staying with Dive Urge was one of the best choices I could have made. Recommended by a fellow diver, I was not disappointed.
The staff at Dive Urge could not have done more to ensure that my trip was enjoyable, relaxing, safe and fun with brilliant diving.
The room (I had a sea view room) was exactly as it was described on the website, only better.
My first glimpse of Egypt in the daylight was the morning after I arrived, and I was blown away by the view from my room.
The restaurant attached to Dive Urge, Food Urge offered fantastic food at unbelievably low prices. (They don't serve any alcohol though, so you have to buy your own but they don't mind if you take your own wine or beer etc)
The hustle and bustle of the bazaars and restaurants are a lovely, next-to-the-sea stroll from Dive Urge.
Finally, the diving was totally mind blowing and I have to thank, with all my heart, Ahmed, Mohammed, Kayla and Tarek, it's not easy diving with a blonde who uses her own gills!!!
The guides attached to Dive Urge are knowledgable and patient, nothing is too much trouble and they really appreciate that they are diving for the benefit of the traveller.
Finally, thank you Fraser, for all your organisational skills and the wonderful, star gazing, sheesha smoking, game playing and scrummy bbq and bread making in the mountains.
I can't wait to return

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank BohoDiverChick
Reviewed 9 October 2010

Very relaxing place to stay. Good value food in the inhouse restaurant. No hassle from staff. Relaxed atmosphere around the dive centre, attentive staff - very keen to sort out any problems you might have.

Good scuba diving centre. Good, experienced instructors.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank markcwinton
Reviewed 9 October 2010

We've just got back from a weeks holiday with Dive urge and, having never written a review on anywhere we've stayed, felt compelld to write a few lines. After the hussle and bussle at sharm airport we were a little confused as to why there was no real "structure" and "organisation" in Dive urge. We very quickly and happily realised that there were such things but it happened in a way that allowed you to slip in to an uber laid back style of service. The breakfast started at 7;30am till.............you got up. Diving was to start at 9:30am but there was nobody running round trying to hurry you to the kit room. We had Mohammed, Kayla and Tariq (sorry if i've spelt those names wrong) and all three of them made the dives extreamly enjoyable and relaxed, however saftey was never off the cards, Mohammed was very thorough with the check dive going through alot of skills to make sure you were competant in the water before unleashing us on the coral life. Something which more dive schools should be encouraging.
My wife had a few back issues and dive urge couldn't be more accommodating. She kitted up in the water and de-kitted there aswell and didn't have to carry anything until she was comfortable enough to do so.
All the staff in dive urge were extremly friendly and helpful. They are all a credit to the establishment. Food urge was excellent aswell particularly the Shakshoukra. Any dietry requirements or any variances to the menu were no problem from smaller portions to nut allergies everyone seemed very clued up on the menu. The kitchen was very clean and tidy from morning to night and there was always someone cleaning as they went.
The rooms were very spacious and light as were the bathrooms.
Extra excursions were on offer and we strongly reccommend the bedouin BBQ in the mountains. An excellent way to end a very relaxing holiday.
Thanks to all and we'll be back! Rob & Claire

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rob640642
Reviewed 3 October 2010

Really loved this place and felt at home from the moment we arrived. As new divers we were really taken care of. From the initial, very thorough scuba review with Ahmed including a quick check with the doctor regarding some minor pills my husband was taking - there was absolutely no skimping on safety. Really enjoyed all our dives with Ahmed, Kayla and Mohammed who helped us improve our diving and gently gave us new experiences. The dive sites are amazing, but highlights were a dive with Mohammed at The Lighthouse over some sea grass which sounds unexciting BUT we saw a huge turtle, an octopus being bothered and chased by some fish, several moray eels, puffa fish, lion fish and all manner of creatures going about their business - it was captivating and a good way to practice bouyancy hovering around these animals just watching their behaviour. The sea view room was spacious and comfortable, basic but with everything you need including a fridge to put water (and beer!) in. Food Urge, the restaurant was also a haven of peace and calm with comfy "Bedouin" style areas and relaxed, friendly service right on the beach and easy access to the shallow reef of Eel Garden. The chefs are very creative with presentation! The menu a mix of western style food and Egyptian. There's no alcohol but you can buy your own beer from a shop round the corner and drink it there if you want to. Another highlight was going for a meal in the mountains by camel with the Bedouin people who cooked an amazing feast for us under the stars. Thank you to Fraser too who managed to organise us without us noticing! We also met Lynn, one of the owners who couldn't have been nicer...I wish I could remember all of the names but all of the Dive Urge staff are fantastic, not least the patient Bedouin drivers who have to wait while we go diving and help us with our gear..."Shukran jazilan"! We will be back next year.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We went to Dive Urge in June. It was a very quiet periode, for most of the week we were the only guests. We chose this place because we wanted peace and quiet and thats what we found here! The staff couldn't have been more helpfull, the atmospher was great. The food wonderfull! We also booked a diving course; everything was arranged just fine, the instructor was friendly and adequate. According to us: just a perfect place to stay in Dhahab!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple