“Wonderful diving, great food, brilliant staff , most chilled place, fantastic with kids.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dive Urge

Dive Urge
Ranked #1 of 29 Dahab B&B and Inns
hereford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2010

We will be going home from Dive Urge tomorrow and are all sad to go. Situated on the beach 5 minutes away from the town centre via a seafront walk. I am lying on the Bedouin seating area listening to the waves splashing on the beach while Bokkam the chef cooks our dinner. The food here is excellent. Several times we ate out at highly rated restaurants in Dahab and found ourselves wishing we had eaten here at Dive Urge. Rooms are clean and simple with new (quiet!) air con and a fridge- no TV :-)
The atmosphere is one of total calm.
Our daughters did a PADI open water course with the amazing Kayla - a ratio of two kids to one instructor. She was a natural teacher and a great dive guide. The girls had such faith in her we all did an incredible night dive together seeing shoals of 1000 fuseliers , fish with fluorescent eyes and eels.
While the girls did their PADI we dived in a group of four with Khalid who is great with the more experienced divers and showed us wonderful coral gardens and the canyon. The boat trip is a must , the coral there is stunning and the girls saw a giant barracuda. When they had qualified the four of us and Kayla our guide explored together. If you look at the baby barracuda video on the facebook page I can only say it was so wonderful in real life I nearly cried!
The whole set up is excellent and a lot of local staff are used. The guys who do the air tanks, the drivers, everyone is Brilliant.
Our daughters want to come again next year and insist it is here.
You may get slightly cheaper diving elsewhere but with a maximum group size of 4 to a dive master I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank munchersly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2010

Upon arriving I was jubious about the location of this hotel - but turns out it is a perfect distance from the main town (5 min walk max). The hotel itself is very nice and well kept. My only critisim is it could do with a pool, but it does have a private reef!

All staff were exceptional - helpful and friendly. Special note needs to go to the Dive Guide and restaurant staff.

Would certainly go back.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

We took a bit of a gamble booking a week's stay and diving with Dive Urge as we had just stumbled upon them here on tripadvisor. Well the gamble more than paid off, as our week was fantastic! We were met at the airport and went straight to our lovely, perfectly airconditioned rooms (I know it seems funny to mention the aircon, but I've been to other places in Egypt where it was hard to sleep because of bad aircon... well Dive Urge's was perfect), walked down their lovely little beach and watched the sunrise. We were very happy! I can highly recommend the restaurant right on the beach, where the food was lovely. Try the fresh fish, which was cooked perfectly and came with an impressive foil sculpture.

To top off our stay, our dive guide was a star. It was all very relaxed, we were encouraged to choose our dives sites and everything was... well relaxed and friendly. Unlike Sharm, where its a slight rush to get the boats everyday to the dive sites, the shore dives in Dahab and the relaxed atmosphere to get there (by car/pick-up truck) came as a welcome change of pace.

All in all we had a fantastic week's stay and will be back :-)

Oh, I forgot to say, the first day we swam straight off their beach onto the house reef (Eel Gardens), which was fantastic.

1 Thank DaveChopsHarris
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

I discivered Dive Urge through the Responsible Travel website. It was the first time I had dived alone and was a little apprehensive. I have to say that the experience was brilliant - mostly because of the people who were so caring, but also because of the location and the food.
I loved being out of the noisy centre of town and on the edge of the Beduoin part of town - walking, shopping and eating there was so much more enjoyable than the rare occasions I ventured into the touristy parts. Dinner under the stars in the mountains was a very special memory.
The food was excellent and popping round to the booze shop was no great hardship.
Diving in such small groups (2 or 3 divers) was such a treat and the standard of guiding and equipment maintenance was impressive.
Anne's massages also come highly recommended.
The rooms are simple but fine. I could have done with a bedside light and some shelves in the bathroom, but they were minor gripes. If i didn't sleep well it was largely because I don't like air-conditioning and it was quite hot - plus the olive tree outside the window creaked a lot in the wind!
I can only say a huge thank you to all the staff, with a special mention to Lynne, Ahmed, Barak and Fraser. I will most certainly be back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DMFG
Bristol, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2010

I rarely visit the same place twice, but with Dive Urge, I made an exception. It was October 2009 when I last went there. The guy I buddied up with and myself made a pact to return at the same time the following year (2010). We did meet up and dive together again.

Dive Urge has lost none of it`s charm over the past year, and, there is little to criticise. The location may not be to everyone`s taste, but the centre itself is an absolute haven of tranquility. I look forward to returning

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank MrFalco
Island of Malta, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

Was a bit nervous about travelling to Egypt on my own, and diving without my dive buddy, but staying with Dive Urge was one of the best choices I could have made. Recommended by a fellow diver, I was not disappointed.
The staff at Dive Urge could not have done more to ensure that my trip was enjoyable, relaxing, safe and fun with brilliant diving.
The room (I had a sea view room) was exactly as it was described on the website, only better.
My first glimpse of Egypt in the daylight was the morning after I arrived, and I was blown away by the view from my room.
The restaurant attached to Dive Urge, Food Urge offered fantastic food at unbelievably low prices. (They don't serve any alcohol though, so you have to buy your own but they don't mind if you take your own wine or beer etc)
The hustle and bustle of the bazaars and restaurants are a lovely, next-to-the-sea stroll from Dive Urge.
Finally, the diving was totally mind blowing and I have to thank, with all my heart, Ahmed, Mohammed, Kayla and Tarek, it's not easy diving with a blonde who uses her own gills!!!
The guides attached to Dive Urge are knowledgable and patient, nothing is too much trouble and they really appreciate that they are diving for the benefit of the traveller.
Finally, thank you Fraser, for all your organisational skills and the wonderful, star gazing, sheesha smoking, game playing and scrummy bbq and bread making in the mountains.
I can't wait to return

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank BohoDiverChick
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2010

Very relaxing place to stay. Good value food in the inhouse restaurant. No hassle from staff. Relaxed atmosphere around the dive centre, attentive staff - very keen to sort out any problems you might have.

Good scuba diving centre. Good, experienced instructors.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends