“Hidden gem with a great swimming pool”

and 1 more site!
Octopus Garden Resort
Ranked #42 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Cairns Region, Australia
“Hidden gem with a great swimming pool”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Octopus hotel is an oasis amongst the hustle of Masraba- as soon as you walk in you feel at home. The pool is the perfect place to lounge around and enjoy the simple way of life. The rooms are clean and ideal-after all Dahab is not the place to spend inside your room! Go explore this beautiful area- go diving, hike Mt Sinai, ride a camel, star gaze in the desert, ride a bike- all this can be arranged by the helpful staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
new west, bc
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Very close to the beach. Quiet area, very clean rooms, good location. Hotel can arrange trips for you. We did not have daily housekeeping but staff clean whole building very nicely. No curtains in the windows, so bright! Hotel arranged our taxi trip to Jordan border for a very good price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 3 March 2011

Well i was satisfied at the beginning of my stay there.I was supposed to stay for a week at the hotel and I was shocked that on my 3rd. day there the guy at the reception came and told me that there's a tour group coming and he needed to give me a king size bedroom suite instead of the two bedroom suite I was already in or if not he suggested that he could find me another hotel for the same price I was paying.I just packed my things and left the hotel and told him that I didn't need his help because its not that hard to find another hotel and I was really disappointed because it was my 2nd. time there and the guy already knew me from before...but anyways the hotel location is nice it's like near to all the places u need to go also its near a supermarket and the pool is pretty cool too but the rooms are not clean enough and they have a very low quality service there and their internet connection is so sketchy.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 12 January 2010

I stayed for 4 nights over New Year. The hotel is in a great location, close to all the cool hangouts and near grocery, bank, internet, etc. It is beautiful with trees and clean pool. I decided to switch rooms from 2 single beds to a double bed, the staff was very nice and helpful, they had no problem accommodating me. I was happy with the bathroom, showers & hot water worked. For the price ($20 canadian/night), I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
Dublin
Reviewed 11 January 2010

Stayed in Octopus for 5 days. Ziggy was great along with the dive team and other members of staff who made us feel at home. The bathrooms let the rooms down but all have hot water and for the price you don't expect 5 star accom and we were backpacking so have seen worse... There is a lot to do around the hotel and it is a great base for trips, diving and snorkling. Would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I got bitten by bed bugs over a hundred times, but that didn't seem to worry the manager. Because his hotel couldn't have bed bugs - it was probably just me. Ehm? Right. Almost funny the way how rude this guy was, but I wasn't laughing after two weeks anymore. Scratching, yes. I would seriously NOT recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank RaskolnikovAmsterdam

Travellers are raving about these Dahab hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 12 January 2009

We stayed in this hotel for a week and we found that eventhough the price is very reasonable for the location and the facilities, THE SERVICE IS VERY DEFICIENT.
The main inconvenients that we found were:
1. There is no cleaning service for the rooms!! (e.g. Towels and linens were never changed, the bathroom was cleaned and trash can emptied just once in the whole week.)
2. The overall maintainance of the rooms is poor and the linens are worn out. (e.g. During the whole week that we stayed there the toilet leaked flooding the bathroom, and despite asking repeatedly for a solution, no one cared to repair it).
3. The staff's main interest is to sell tours and trips. Other than that no attention is paid to the requests and needs of the tourists.
Overall we do not recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Price, Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness, Staff
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple