Jaz Dahabeya
US$64
Tropitel Dahab Oasis(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$31
US$115
US$90
US$61
Happy Life Village(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$39
US$38
  • Breakfast included
The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$64
US$62
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
INMO Divers Home(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$20
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,038 results
All reviewsanimation teambeach barwater poloevening entertainmentspecial thankshotel beachkite surfersharry nasslagoon areafantastic hotelkids clubnice holidaymain restaurantrestaurant staffsharm elblue holemizo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We have just returned after 15 days at Iberotel Dahabeya. We wanted to spend christmas and New year which was guaranteed sun and totally chill out. Average temperature was between 27-35 degrees. We have a child of 10 years old so the ground floor pool room was perfect so she could run in and out of the room independantly, although the hotel is very small and safe so we never had a problem anyway. We spent most of the time by the pool, and the 1st week was very quiet with probably no more then about 6 people on the sunbeds, although the beach area tended to be a little busier.
By the 2nd week the hotel really filled up but due it being such a small hotel it never really felt cramped, unlike some hotels we have stayed in in Egypt. We never had to fight for a bed round the pool, although it seemed a slightly different story on the beach once it filled up.
Hotel staff are very friendly and helpful, nothing is ever too much bother, they had plenty of activitied to keep the kids entertained during the day (adults too...) without being too pushy if you didn't want to join in. Evening entertainment became a bit monotamous, with a flute player and a dodgy looking guy warbling some dodgy songs! But by 10pm they had packed up and cleared off leaving you to continue the conversation you were having before they started! If you want an early night then request a room on the beach or take industrial strength ear plugs.
The pool was pretty chilly but once you got in you climitised to it, and we loved swimming up to the Aqua bar to enjoy a cold beer or cocktail! The staff at the pool were excellent, by the 2nd day they already remembered what drinks we liked and would often bring them over to us without us getting up from the bed to ask for one! They even got to grips with my partners "beer o'clock" timing at 12pm and the drink would already be on its way over to us!
The hotel was very clean, the rooms were spotless with clean towels every day as well as towel art on the bed every morning, which our daughter loved. Ask for a mosquito plug for the room, we got bitten to bits in bed.
They held a wonderful Christmas eve party and we couldn't imagine how they could top it on New years eve but WOW, it was spectacular!! The chefs and staff literally worked round the clock to put on such an amazing display.
The only disappointments for us was there wasn't much to see when snorkling,but then again I am comparing it to reefs at Taba and Sharm. The sea was fairly cold this time of year so I doubt I would have spent much time in the sea anyway. I was disappointed to see the amount of rubbish left on the beach, even though there were bins provided. Clearly some tourists aren't familiar with how to use bins. That was another reason why I didn't spend much time on the beach.
The staff in the restaurant worked thoroughly hard and obviously love the kids but after 6 days of them teasing my daughter constantly while she was trying to eat ie removing her plate from under her nose 7 times in one sitting because they thought it was funny, then poking her in the ribs everytime they walked past when she was trying to put something in her mouth became quite frustrating. We had to ask them on numerous occasions to stop it. One waiter never really got the hint until my daughter raised her voice and said "Please stop it, i'm trying to eat!!!"
If you want to eat in peace (less kids about) then go for dinner after 8pm. We found on a couple of ocassions when we went for dinner about 7 that the German and Russian families tend to treat the dining hall as a playground letting their children charge around among diners and staff carrying glasses and HOT food. There were a few near misses of bowls of hot soup almost landing on small people. Very dangerous. I found it hard to watch and had to bite my tongue, the parents obviously didn't bother to control their kids.
Overall it is very unlikely we will return,not because we didn't enjoy it but because we have stayed in Red sea area of Egypt quite a few times over the last few years and quite fancy going futher a field. We met some really great people there, and they made the holiday just that little bit extra special.

Room Tip: Rooms on left side as your facing the sea get the sun in the afternoon so you can chil lon your terrace until the sun goes down. Rooms nearer the sea mean if you want an earlier night you wont be disturbed as much by the "singer" and "flute" player.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
JazDahabeya, General Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Dear Guests,
Thank you for choosing Jaz Dahabeya to spend your holiday. My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer. Thank you, once again, for your visit to our hotel, and for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 January 2012

This hotel was one of the best hotels we have stayed in,in Egypt. Having been to Sharm many times we decided to go to Iberotel Dhabeya,my husband had stayed last year with his diving friends and was keen to return, therefore we booked it for the festive season.The hotel is spotless and the pool area and pool very high standard. The pool was heated and of good size. The rooms were cleaned daily with towel change daily too. The food catered for all tastes.The chefs went out of their way to make sure you were satisfied. The restaurant staff were lovely as were the reception staff, bar staff, and nothing was too much trouble. Christmas was very entertaining with coctails and beach buffet awaiting the arrival of Santa coming to give children gifts from a speedboat.Newyears Eve was held in the marquee tent, it was stunning all linen table/seat covers,goody bag, ceiling balloons and varied entertainment.We cannot fault this hotel at all,the animation team have programme for both adults and children. The beach is a short stroll from the pool and is equiped with beachbar, dive centre, shop, bedouin hut,small park and activities. Maybe some people don't enjoy this but we found it good fun and strangers are friends that you just haven't met yet so its a good ice breaker. Beware of the Masseuse as they charge 60 euro's an hour and a lot of people were getting ripped off,however that is a franchaise and as a previous reviewer mentioned next door do a better deal.We cannot wait to return next year.

Room Tip: We emailed ahead and chose the ground floor opposite the pool bar for afternoon sun.
8  Thank eileen24

Reviewed 2 January 2012

My family (husband, myself, and two teenagers) spent Christmas week in this fantastic hotel. I cannot fault it except to say that I wish that we could have stayed longer! From the moment we arrived to when we had to leave we were looked after wonderfully. All the staff were charming and friendly, Meena serving us fruit cocktails, beer and gorgeous coffee always with a huge smile! and Abass kept our room spotless, producing magical towel sculptures every day! From the staff at the reception, the towel attendants and the super waiters and bar staff it makes for a fantastic team. The rooms were very comfortable and we had ground floor rooms overlooking the lovely pool. Obviously the kitchen staff do a marvellous job and our food was excellent. Christmas Eve was just fantastic from start to finish - great food, super entertainment and wonderful service. The hotel has a perfect location overlooking the Rea Sea and the stretch of beach in front of the hotel is clean and well kept. Perfect for snorkelling and many other water activities. As a family we enjoy the quiet, relaxed atmosphere and this hotel was just what we expected. A super holiday and really hope to go back for 2 weeks next Christmas!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are good.
2  Thank hlnfred

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Super hotel for a week's break. We windsurf up at Club Vass so don't stay at the hotel during the day so manage to avoid the annoying cries for participation in their futile daily activities (this is par for the course in Egypt and I guess some people must enjoy playing beach games with strangers). Evening entertainment is pants too but the beach bar allows a welcome respite from it as does an evening in the town as the hotel has a great free bus service to and from town. Taxis are cheap as chips to coin a Bedouin phrase too.
I get lovely replies if I email the hotel contrary to a previous reviewer. Tried another hotel on same strip in Easter 2011 and was more than happy to return to Dahabeya as think it's better than Swiss Inn. Would definitely return again for winter sun - cannot recommend highly enough. Wouldn't stay for more than a week though as food does become a bit monotonous after 7 days but guess they have to cater to all tastes. Swiss Inn food is slightly better but overall the Dahabeya wins.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near to the beach as if you want an early night the warbling of the 'singer' in the evenings could keep you awake!
8  Thank nicnac61

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Myself and my two sons stayed for a week at the Dahabeya. Had a really good time. room was great, food Ok as they have to cater for the tastes of all the guests. Usually something there that is to your liking. The staff are really friendly and our cleaner copes well with my boys mess! Bars are great, snacks at 4pm, cakes and pizza/chips etc. Pool was lovely. Booked some trips with Sam at Wave Aqua Sport on the beach, reasonable prices and a good selection of trips. We went by boat to 3 pools (14 euro each) Blue hole by jeep (10 euro) Banana boat was a hoot (8 euro). Went on the free bus to Dahab town, a bit manic, just say no thanks to the shop owners and haggle! Offer 50% and start there. Booked the Spider cars (small dune buggies), 2 cars and a guide on a motorbike, 2 hours 60 euros. My 14 yo was allowed to drive on his own on the road!. Good value. This was booked directly at a place where the shuttle drops you off at mesmet. Watch out for the hotel massage on the beach, 50 euros is just too much. My son and I went to the next but one hotel which had a health club by the pool. (Ganet Sinia) and booked an hour each (for 2 of us) for 200 le (£22) they originally asked for 400le (£44). What a great deal - she even called me the English Mafia!, I was quite proud of the compliment coming from an Arab!, it was my Alan Sugar moment! Overall a really good holiday. The internet only works in reception, and is just about OK for email but no more. Shame there isn't tea/coffee making in the room for out of hours, but would go again. The Xmas party and meal was great and didn't cost anything. Will book next year! Thanks to all the staff at the Dahabeya. Matthew, Alex and Samuel.

Room Tip: Ground floor room do not have a private balcony as open to access.
2  Thank Matthew K