“Felt we could not go wrong with all the brilliant reviews - what happened!”
Review of Jaz Dahabeya

Jaz Dahabeya
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Warm welcome on arrival but it soon became warmer as the management have made a decision to cut costs by turning off the air con in the public areas. The hotel is allegedly only 20% full and we have spoken to a couple of people who wish they had made a different hotel choice. Food disappointing and tasteless.

Dahab is wonderful and relaxing but this hotel ranks way below others in the area in our opinion . It is a difficult time for tourism with many making the choice not to travel to this area. I am surprised that those who do visit are not more highly valued.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank meadowsb
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience with us.

We are sorry to read that you have had such a disappointing experience at Iberotel Dahabeya. Please note that your comments have been passed to our team to assure this unfortunate experience will not occur again.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Iberotel dahabeya.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Jaz Dahabeya

Reviewed 23 August 2013

Struggling to actually put into words JUST how much we love the Iberotel Dahabaya. Never throughout all our travels have we ever come across a hotel that has so much genuine warmth and an ability to help you forget any troubles or worries you may have back home.

The hotel is all inclusive but unlike many hotels of this board basis you NEVER once feel like you are part of some cattle market and, as a guest there, the 'all inclusive' means more like feeling you are 'included' into the hearts of what becomes almost like your family.

Whilst many companies and some countries have pulled out of travelling to Dahab and Egypt for the time being, I urge those of you who are happy to travel independently to do so. Ironically never have I actually felt as safe and protected as I did whilst at the Iberotel Dahabaya. The Tourist Police are at constant hand to give advice and both the staff at the hotel and those that work in Masabat are incredibly protective and welcoming of the visitors to this area. We saw and experienced absolutely NO problems at all in Dahab so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't be put off coming to this wonderful place due to overzealous media coverage and scare mongering.

This was our second time at the Iberotel Dahabaya and we'll definitely be going back next year. We were welcomed back as friends. It's the attention to detail that really astounds me at this hotel (I apologise now if I miss anyone's out. This is no reflection on them as ALL the staff are outstanding)

Diaa, who works in the restaurant, was able to recall our drinks from last year and on arriving to our meals we'd have our drinks regularly waiting for us in our usual seats. It was lovely to see old faces such as Diaa's and Moustafa (and we strongly believe that the large retention of staff from one year to the next at the Iberotel Dahabaya is evidence of the overall atmosphere of the place) but equally it was great to see some new ones such as Ameen, who was such a wonderful addition to their team - constantly smiling and always incredibly respectful and polite to everyone.

Mina at the pool bar does the most incredible cocktails (with or without ice-cream) and if you like Mango ask for the Mango Ice cream cocktail as this is divine. Equally though if you want to experiment with a range of ideas he's more than happy to oblige. Magdy at the beach bar has a wonderful sense of humour, constantly entertaining the guests and playing with the children.

Rooms are cleaned immaculately on a daily basis with the option of fresh towels also (The hotel has won awards for environmental sustainability and protection so guests are also encouraged to 'do their bit' too) Our cleaner, Abbas, often left wonderful towel arrangements of crocodiles, peacocks, monkeys, hearts, swans, elephants etc and then very kindly gave us some incense sticks as a departing gift on our final day

For most guests the necessity to see one of the manager's would be totally unnecessary as Szidonia, customer relations, does a fabulous job of ensuring all guests are settled and happy and can very competently sort out any queries or issues that may arise. This year we asked to see the manager, Hossam, within half an hour of speaking to him everything was rectified and he then went above and beyond trying to help us and offered us far in excess anything that we needed. Again I cannot express just how amazed we were with the service he offered us and he showed an absolute commitment to guaranteeing that our holiday was 100% perfect, again something I've never encountered to this standard anywhere else.

After a couple of days , without promoting Mahmoud, our towel attendant, realising that I rarely left my sun bed (unlike my family) began putting out my towels every morning in preparation for my 'hard day's work' (!!) of sunbathing. I'd also like to thank him for the effort he put into trying to find my misplaced bracelet (which was thankfully later recovered). LONG after I'd given up trying to find it he continued to search and his efforts were very much appreciated.

The range, variety and quality of the food at the Iberotel Dahabaya continues to be maintained even though there were far less guests this year than last. One wonderful option is to have a meal on the beach, with music and a waiter service. This was so beautiful and idyllic and our family had a very memorable and special evening that day.

I began this review by talking of how many of the staff at the Iberotel Dahabaya become like family and at the very least amazing friends. The animation team at this hotel have absolutely won a very special place in our hearts and we hope to see them again next year. Mizo, the head animator, has a unique gift, especially in the evening entertainment, of involving everyone in one way or another. His skill and expertise again outshine anything I've seen in any other hotel. Those of you, like my daughter, who at home couldn't think of anything worse than finding themselves performing in their amphitheatre will find themselves loving it and wanting to join in with as many of the 'shows' as you can. There is absolutely no pressure (ok maybe a little bit - but again Mizo seems to know just how far to go) and the hotel is filled with laughter on a nightly basis. Willy, the sports animator, seems to have a constant source of energy (no mean feat in temperatures that are well into their 40's). The day begins with stretching (1, 2, 3, 4..... a little bit longer) and then progresses onto Bocca, Darts, Aqua Gym and then Water Polo. Our family are very mixed in how much we enjoy getting involved in activities; this ranges from myself who just about manages to turn over on her sunbed to one of my daughters who joined in literally everything. At 17 she is can be very self conscious and a quiet person at home and often needs prompting to join in with activities with her friends. At the Iberotel Dahabaya I see a totally different side to her and she really comes out of her shell. This is incredible to see and so heart warming. I ABSOLUTELY have the animation team of Mizo, Willy and Luka to thank for this and I know, like us, she misses you and hopes to see you again next year.

A very special thanks also goes to Ibrahim, Hossam and Ahmed. Once the evening entertainment had finished the lobby bar area became very busy but they still found time to speak to guests as individuals and be very attentive to their needs.

Would I recommend this hotel?? ABSOLUTELY!!! BUT........shhh don't tell everyone as we want to make sure we are able to get a room next year ;) We'll be booking as soon as we can for 2014!! :))

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool, in my opinion, are the best.
1  Thank scoobs2
IberotelDahabeya, General Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for choosing Iberotel Dahabeya to spend your holiday.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

This was our first time in Egypt and it wont be our last, we first arrived at the airport where we was the only couple to be going to the hotel, it took us an hour to reach the hotel, on the arrival at the hotel we was greeted by the staff and given a drink. After we had checked in we got shown to our room with our bags and also got shown how everything had worked. Our view was amazing, just what I had asked for a sea view room. We went straight to the food hall as we got there late evening and again the staff were very friendly and very helpful. After our meal we headed over to the entertainment where we was made very welcome and I got up to be a part of it. From this day the staff especially Motaz Elsaway and walaid Ahmed made the holiday with there great personalties and there wanting to make everyone feel welcome. We also made lots of new friends and we was sad to leave. The beach is on your doorstop and all the water activities were also there to windsurfing, snorkelling diving and lots more. we are planning our trip back there for next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rachel-higson
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2013

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed two weeks in Dahabeya and enjoyed excellent and friendly service. Rooms were perfectly clean as well as the rest of the hotel.
Only the animation was sometimes a bit loud at night! Poolarea was clean and well organized. Restaurant and food were delicious. Service in the restaurant always very friendly and fast.

Review collected in partnership with Jaz Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Andrea E
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our stay at iberotel dahabeya was not only enjoyable and relaxing but entertaining and fun. This was our second time to Dahab but the first to this excellent hotel. Our flight was at twelve o clock mid-day so we arrived at sharm el sheik airport at seven o clock to find we could not go straight to our hotel (dahabeya) as the road from the sharm airport to dahab was not open over night for safety precautions due to the unrest in certain parts. We had a feeling this would be the case but we were not completely sure. So after arriving at the airport we had transport already arranged and a back up hotel to stay the night. The back up hotel was called the island view based in sharm. The island view was listed as a five star hotel, we only stayed one night therefore we couldn't really judge the hotel over all but the one time we went to the bar the staff made one or two uncomfortable comments. Anway, the next morning we had a car pick us up and take us straight to dahabeya. Wow, the greeting we had was boiled sweets and non-alcoholic champagne. The staff were polite and welcomed us with smiles. They took us to our rooms after signing a couple of papers. Our rooms were good, beds were comfy, plenty of wardrobe space and the bathroom was spacious with a decent shower. The maid gave us towels everyday and made the beds sometimes surprising us with some towel creations...the view from our balcony was the pool and the sea! A beautiful view to wake up to. The pool was gorgeous and a few steps away was the beach. We spent most days lounging around the pool on the sun beds but it was just as easy to lounge on the sun beds on the beach. The food never got Boring. We ate at the hotel every day; breakfast, tea and sometimes lunch. The timings are good and there are three hour sections in which you can go to an 'all you can eat' buffet. The food was extremely nice and there was lots of choice. There was a chef cooking different things on the barbecue and lots more food inside. Then the meal followed my a massive selection of cakes, chocolate, fruit etc. All the bar staff were exceptional, and we made friends with some of the staff (Ashraf, Dia and Amin) were our specific favourites. Dia who was one of the restaurant staff was very friendly. Some days after getting ready for dinner we could down to see our drinks already set out on the table waiting for us. Sometimes this caused slight issues as we didn't always want to sit in the same place or the same drinks but this soon stopped and we really appreciated the thought that was clearly there. One night a member of the family was ill an couldn't make it dinner, Dia noticed the absence and asked what the problem was, when we told him it was an unwell father he brought mint tea to our table to take up to the room. All the staff were very good though and all of them kind and friendly. The only issue we had was sometimes, the people from the Center located on the left of the beach, came up to the hotel to try and give people something to do and to try and get bookings. This wasn't a problem but after asking you once or twice they then approached you approached you more than once a day. We learnt that you have to be firm and tell them that you aren't interested and that if you change your mind you will approach them. After we'd done this, they no longer pressurised us and we ended up booking the 'blue hole' trip located in Dahab. This is a fabulous experience I would recommend to anyone. We payed 35 euro for four of us(estimated) This included transport and some equipment. Another thing we did whilst staying here was the glass bottom boat. This was well worth the money! 5 euro each included the ride out to the bay on the boat, the snorkelling and jumping off the top of the boat. They also let my youngest daughter drive the boat and drove us all the way back to the beach! The animation team were what kept the hotel alive! Every day there was sometime to watch or take part in including; boules, darts, waterpolo, aquagym and volley ball. not to mention the shows that took place every night at eight thirty. There were only two animation guys (mizo and willie) but between them they Gave the hotel a special vibe, always inviting you to join in and be playful but not constantly pressuring you into doing things. Overall the holiday was a major success and we enjoyed every moment, we hope to return to the same hotel next year!

2  Thank Evi W
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We arrived very early after staying 1 night in Sharm. What a blessing it was to get there. This was our second visit to the Dahabeya and the staff on reception recognised us from last year and accommodated us with the rooms we asked for. Even though we didn't stay the first night, they gave us our all inclusive straightaway. We love the hotel and staff, it is in an idyllic setting with a lovely pool area and beautifully maintained garden area. The private sandy beach with clear waters is complete paradise. The food was fantastic with plenty of choice, something for everyone. Chef is always on hand and welcomes any comments from guests. The staff at the Dahabeya are what really make the hotel. They really couldn't do enough for you and always have a smile on their face despite the long hours they work. Ashraf and Ibrahim at the beach bar brought ice cream cocktails over to us every day which was a really lovely touch. Staff are lovely and we have a great laugh with them, Diaa, Wageh, Nazir (restaurant), , Mena, Ibrahim, Ali, Magdea (sorry if I have spelt any names wrong (bars)and Mahmoud (towels) to mention a few. Love the animation staff, Motaz and Willy are great people and although we didn't join in with all the activities, they would always spend time with us on the beach or at the bar. The shows in the evening are good too.
We are definitely going back next year - can't wait. This is a lovely place for anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday. You can do as little or as much as you want. The guys selling trips on the beach will always stop and talk to you even if you don't buy anything. The Egyptian people are very friendly and love the Brits because we are polite, say please and thank you, enjoy a joke with them. We went to Masbat one evening on the free minibus and one of the staff from the hotel office Mahmoud Elshami walked around with us and showed us the sights. Everyday he stopped and chatted to us. As I have said before lovely people, this was our 8th trip to Egypt and I would recommend it to anyone. There is no trouble in the Red Sea Resorts that we could see.

Room Tip: Any room is good as it is a small hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank WallaseyLinda
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Reviewed 10 August 2013

It's safe to say over the years I have fallen in love with Dahab and this was my second visit to the Dahabeya, which is my favourite hotel in the area.

The hotel is set in beautifully manicured grounds on a perfect stretch of private sandy beach with crystal clear waters - complete paradise.

The food was fantastic but did get slightly repetitive towards the end of our stay (would usually go in to Masbat to mix things up a bit but due to travel advice stayed on the resort). The Italian meal on the beach under the stars was really amazing though and very romantic. The staff at the Dahabeya are what really make the hotel. They really couldn't do enough for you and always have a smile on their face despite working long hours. The guy at the beach bar brought drinks over to us every day which was a really nice touch and the guys at the diving centre kept us entertained with their stories & banter.

Brilliant for water sports and snorkelling - lots of pretty fish & coral - you can literally get lost for hours exploring. Beware not to stalk the crabs too much though - my wife became slightly obsessed and when sat in the sea relaxing the next day, she felt something on her arm only to find a rather large angry looking red and black crab attached to her. Totally amusing for me and the other guests. I have never seen anything larger than hermit crabs in the lagoon so I am guessing it was seeking revenge for the little fellas ... haha!!

The perfect holiday. Complete relaxation in paradise and wouldn't have changed a thing!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Suze_Sull
IberotelDahabeya, Manager at Jaz Dahabeya, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013